PDA

View Full Version : What's with the traffic unit ?

04-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Are they 10-8 or what ????

04-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Nope. All they do is run radar, issue tickets and warnings and try to beat you to every hot call that comes on the radio. What they dont do is work crashes, or anything to do with crashes. If they come across a crash, they will actually get on the radio and request a zone car to take it over and work it. :roll:

04-05-2007, 10:59 PM
They are worthless!!

ROADIE
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
I cannot understand how they can justify having so many traffic units when the road is always understaffed and the most overworked. The traffic unit was asked to help out with traffic control due to a brush fire on the interstate but since it was time for them to go home they refused. If a road unit is still x8 even though it's close to their quitting time, do they have a say whether they go home or stay? We all know the answer to this question. The traffic unit wouldn't get trashed so bad if they would assist in traffic crashes to help ease the load on the road units. We are all suppose to be here for the same purpose -- aren't we?

04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Interesting how one person's actions represent a whole unit in your eyes. At least two other traffic guys were assisting narcotics with a bust at the time of the fire.

04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Traffic unit is worthless and the admin needs to notice that the tax payer money is being wasted. Rember ADMIN this next year is election year.... I hear that someone within may be running and might want the support of us deputies...

04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Estr@d@ is famous for running code to all the calls and never willing to assist beyond that. Get real all you cry babies...

04-09-2007, 02:12 AM
I have no idea why you all think that, I know there is a couple of the traffic units that would assist and they are told no by there supervisors. One traffic unit that was a traffic for D-4 always worked crashes when he was working. Don't judge all by the few.

04-09-2007, 09:02 AM
I worked the road there for several years. The problem you are having now, is th problems we had then. Nothing has changed. The root of the problems are the glaring fact that you have no one worth a crap above the rank of Captain. You have a P.O.S. as Sheriff, a fake weeny as Chief and a bunch of yes men, cronies and do nothing underneath. Like the Joker says, This department needs an enema! Flush that festering smegma-ridden coochie (HQ) out. Take big head Caro, Fat ******* Scott and the rest, and flush them out in '08... Do it for your own good. Stick together!
:D

04-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Obviously you don't work for us anymore, and probably are a little bitter for an F up that you did on the job.
But on that topic, there are some x8 people in the Traffic Unit, and I don't think it's there fault for not taking crashes (Especially our D4 friend with the name that's spelled like a fruit, he'd always come to your crash). Someone at HQ probably has it in there head that they don't have to work crashes. I think it would be a great idea to use them as not only the guys to call for crashes, but it would be nice if someone was x8, they could take your DUI. We'd win a heck of a lot more DUI trials since they have cameras in the cars, and they are great at what they do. On our end, we could continue doing what we do our job, handle calls, business checks, and protect the community.

04-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I agree that some of the traffic officers would be willing to take the calls. Look at all the supervisors in the traffic division. Do i need to say more. blame them.....

04-10-2007, 04:38 PM
This always seem to be a problem in any department. Becuase a few people get to be on a unit that the higher ups deem to be important to the community, and in which they don't work calls, everyone hates them. I'm surprised at how some of the same people who had said the same bad things about these units are now a part of these units. Funny how things are different when you are in the unit.

04-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Estr@d@ is famous for running code to all the calls and never willing to assist beyond that. Get real all you cry babies...

1st of all I have no problem posting my name and I dont hide behind some false screen name like guest, or as you call yourself, RoadCop, (a real cop would stand up and say things to the persons face no matter what the consequences would be, but then again I don't think you are a real roadcop!)

If you read your manual about responding to emergency calls for service, it says that if you are in an area of a priority call, you are to respond to the scene. Also if a traffic unit responds as back up, it frees up a zone unit to handle another call for service that is waiting to be handled. You must never been on a call with me as I always ask "What can I help you with." I am a team player along with the other unit members and if anyone needs help and we are not on other missions that are assigned to us, we help out. When a district is short, the watch commander sends us to that district and assist wtih calls and help out. But all that you see is that we do not work crashes. Dfc Williams, myself, Cpl Burke, and other unit members worked several crashes. If you were smart, you would want to work the crashes as they are the easiest calls to work.

Also you must be a rookie and running your mouth about things you must have no experience about. The next time you or anyone else that would like to know what the traffic unit does, and see me or anyother member of the traffic unit in the hallway, feel free to stop anyone of us and we can have a discussion about it (unless you are scared and a coward) and any other different views you might have about the unit and what we do. Our unit members will be more than willing to answer your questions and put your concerns at ease. As to me responding code, the traffic unit is not a primary unit for calls for service, I normaly go as back up as there is no one else going to back you or anyone else up for that matter.

But remember the next time you need a cover unit rethink your ideas as I will still back you up even though I don't agree with you at all.

05-01-2007, 07:05 AM
I back up what Estrada has just told you. He and the rest of the Traffic Unit do more than just traffci stops. They assist on search warrants, perimeters for missing persons, calls for service when needed, and any other function they are asked to complete.

05-03-2007, 02:01 AM
noone cares for the traffic unit and thats the bottom line. Even supervisors bad mouth the unit to us all the time.

05-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I think the traffic unit should be shut down and incorporate them back into each Dist. to handle Sig 4 and other traffic related needs a needed.

It's amazing you look back over the past 10 yrs you have the same amount dep. per squad as you did 10 yrs ago. and 3x the call volume.

05-03-2007, 06:22 AM
It sounds to me that you need to stop *****in and do your job

05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
The ones who say that they are over worked kill me. When I started 13 years ago we had to hand write everything. If we went to an alarm we had to write a report on it. If you helped a DAV you had to write a report.
Quit your whinning about other units and be thankful you have a job.

05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
You are right about the same amount of people in the street, however you fail to look at the new reporting system that is now on line. You should be happy that you do not have to write a report on every call, just crimes. 2nd you got into this job knowing what it requires in doing the job, report writing is the most important and time consuming part of it, and you are complaining?????

You were not here when you had to write on 5 part forms and the Sarg would not let you use white out and you messed up. You had to start over. If the Sarg did not like your report, and you were lucky you could just do minor corrections. There was one Sarg who had a big red "Bullshit!" stamp and if he did not like it, he would stamp the middle of your report and make you redo it. And would not give you comp time and you screwed up by not completing your job with enough time given to you.

And you think it is worth *****ing today, Shut Up and do your job or just quit and find a job doing as little as you do with the amount of pay you are making!!!! :!:

05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Please Please stop and write every fool zooming in and out of traffic popping wheelies on 41 on those crouch rockets. These fools are dangerous. How do they get away with this junk. But yet I always see LEO everyday on Vetrans where the speed limit needs to be 55. Start doing something worth while and slow these fools down or get them off the road before they kill themselves or somebody else. Wake up CCSO. :x :!:

05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
The problem with motorcycles is the following...... THEY DO NOT STOP FOR US!!!!!!!!......If we turn our lights on they run and become a 170 mph bullet on the roadways.....that will kill someone if they hit them at that speed.

I wish we could do more about them. It's hard on an officer to put on their overhead lights and have someone just take off, and having no choice but to shut off the lights and turn the other direction.

Sorry you feel we aren't doing enough. We do try.

05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
The problem with motorcycles is the following...... THEY DO NOT STOP FOR US!!!!!!!!......If we turn our lights on they run and become a 170 mph bullet on the roadways.....that will kill someone if they hit them at that speed.

I wish we could do more about them. It's hard on an officer to put on their overhead lights and have someone just take off, and having no choice but to shut off the lights and turn the other direction.

Sorry you feel we aren't doing enough. We do try.

05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Worch is watching the situation and the traffic unit will be disolved and put back in the districts. Just make sure you vote accordingle as this administration gets off on having 9 people (3 supervisors) riding around, pulling speed trailers, being dooo boys, standing by at search warrants JUST TO TRANSPORT like dooooo boys........... Its tooooo late ADMIN.....

05-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Dont think Worch will do any better. He used to have a policy that said we could not run radar on 41, give a written warning after we had to do a mandatory CAD check, survey cards, no light bars,radios, computers, and no real support to people out there actually enforcing the law. Basically, F@#k Worch!

05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Worch is a piece of monkey S#*t. Not even worth mentioning... I would rather have the traffic unit out there then Worch as Sheriff... you made a good point, and it will surely affect who I vote for.

I'm sure the traffic unit would gladly disband if he got elected because they would get sick of handing out survey cards! What a silly little man.

05-10-2007, 02:15 AM
I agree. I will do as much as I can to make sure that person does not get elected. He has no business in law enforcement. None what so ever!!!

05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
So Dep 12 what you are saying is if I out run you I'm FREE ! How lame it that and what a poor answer. GEE maybe post more than one officer and set up a sting. I know you also got motorcycles in your agency. You or your agency have a problem and telling me they don't stop IS NOT THE ANSWER ! I see you also work with FHP so Davenport worry about the Crouch Rocket problem and NOT WORCH! :shock:

05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
The problem is not that they run and we can't catch them...The issue is when they wreck..and die...the public get all upset because we were "only chasing them for a traffic violation". The family sue's CCSO for wrongfull death and then normally sue's the deputy personaly as well....It's not that we dont want to catch them...but I think you may be failing to recognize all the long term implication's of such a pursuit.

05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Besides it is against policy (for us and a crap load of other agencies as well) to chase someone who did nothing but a traffic offense. Besides, they usually get caught sooner or later, or they wipe out on their own. Also, motorcycles are not to be used in any chase, and it would be stupid as hell to do so. A traffic ticket for a moving violation is not worth my career or financial livelyhood. I tell u what, why dont you chase them if it bothers you so bad :roll: . It is no less dangerous if some tight ass; who thinks he knows everything such as yourself, does it. Even if you have another person there, how do you expect that person to stop the motorcycle? Cant use stop sticks, cant do a road block, cant run up beside them and shove them off. U have any other ideas? Why dont you just keep your opinions to yourself.

05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
A Sting???? I guess I don't get it, but it's pretty obvious that Wake Up! doesn't understand a whole lot either so I will excuse my own confusion about that comment....

Let me tell you a story. I was working one night and I was at 41 and Toledo Blade (north at the time)... someone called in a reckless crotch rocket (didn't use those words lol) heading North from Murdock Cir. I began to head north... I got up to nearly 80 MPH (it was three am so no traffic) and as soon as I saw that headlight coming down 41 I turned on my overheads.... and you know what.. the motorcycle blew by me like I was standing still.... I tried to keep up but dude was in North Port before I even made it to Chamberlain.

Wake Up... I want to know what you wanted me to do??? Did you want me to cut him off and kill him???? That would have solved your problem huh... OR maybe we could get REALLY REALLY large license plates on the backs of bikes so that we can at least read the plates as they are riding by... maybe you should petition the state for those...

Then there is the flip side... I have only seen a few crazy motorcyclists while driving my patrol car... but in my POV I see them all the time. It's funny how they are selective about when and how they ride like that.

Maybe you should do a couple ride alongs or the civilian police academy or something

05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
IT SURE DOES SOUND LIKE EVERY BODY WANTS TO BE A TRAFFIC COP BUT CAN SO THEY ARE MAD.

05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Give me a break. Don't be so impressed with yourself dude. Not everyone enjoys screwing people over all the time with a bunch of chickenshit tickets.

05-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Even supervisors bad mouth the unit to us all the time.

Yeah, and God knows that they're SO in touch with what's best for the agency, right? :roll: Maybe that should be your first CLUE, Sherlock.

It's everyone talking trash about each other - YOURSELF INCLUDED - that makes this agency look like a bunch of whiney little babies pulling toys out of each others' hands "wah wah wah". Try a little team spirit on for size - EVERYONE - and see how much better it looks.

As far as "chickenshit tickets" - last I heard the statute manual didn't differentiate between "chickenshit" violations and "valid" ones - everyone gets paid to enforce them ALL so what do you care?? Not like you haven't written your share of "improper display"s. :wink:

FACE IT: The traffic unit takes a load off of the road and helps the road out when they can, which is more than they HAVE to do (and no; I am NOT on the traffic unit). If you don't like them or want to be on their unit - FINE - quityer*****in and do your own job the best that you can. Are you so perfect that you don't have your own a$$ to watch? Besides, time always plays out the units that work well and the ones that don't. Why do you care? You're getting paid by the hour, not by the call, so go do your 12 and go home.

Those who think that they know it all in this thread - esp. Joe Schmoe Wannabe - could stand a little less ignorance and a little more KNOWLEDGE before they open their yaps.

05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Don't worry Kevin, I'm still your friend.. :lol:

05-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, me too :lol:

05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Kevin did not post that reply....

05-26-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm so excited about this checkpoint tonight I can barely contain myself. I feel like I'm going to BURST with excitement. Yawn.

05-26-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm so excited about this checkpoint tonight I can barely contain myself. I feel like I'm going to BURST with excitement. Yawn.

05-27-2007, 03:58 PM
The checkpoint actually went pretty well.. does anyone know the total of arrests. It was very busy.

05-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Dont know exactly the numbers, but the tow trucks were pretty busy as was the jail van. There were some catches there. Sucks being Boomers that night, their profit margin sure suffered. I hate that place anyway, it's coke central there anyways.

05-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Hey dummy,
Try not to air out exactly what night the checkpoint will be at. Extremely unprofessional. And probably against policy.

05-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey dummy,
Try not to air out exactly what night the checkpoint will be at. Extremely unprofessional. And probably against policy.

:shock: :D :wink:

05-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm not positive, but to reply to the guy calling someone dummy.... Don't they post it in the newspaper prior to the checkpoint, I know I get LOTS of emails from Carp and this is always one of them... Just a thought.. Besides, as drunk as some of these fools get you could tell them where we are while they are still sitting in the bar stool and they would still drive through the checkpoint...

05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes Carp puts out Press Releases about the Checkpoints, but it is not by choice. When the US Supreme Court said you will do it, it kind of means do it. The Press Release never says where it is or the exact date or time. It only gives a period of days it will be.

05-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Yes Carp puts out Press Releases about the Checkpoints, but it is not by choice. When the US Supreme Court said you will do it, it kind of means do it. The Press Release never says where it is or the exact date or time. It only gives a period of days it will be.

Bob,
He's right on the notice part. I had a problem with someone letting the public know that the checkpoint was happening on a specific night. We're already hindered by the Courts, we don't need our own making things more difficult for us. Good work to everyone at the checkpoint by the way.

06-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Lots of good arrests that night. Alot of people came and did a good job. I believe it was somewhere around 16 or 17 physical arrests that night. Got some dope, some drunks and several non-driving individuals who had no business being being the wheel. They did very well. Outstanding job.

06-02-2007, 03:32 AM
It's everyone talking trash about each other - YOURSELF INCLUDED - that makes this agency look like a bunch of whiney little babies pulling toys out of each others' hands "wah wah wah". Try a little team spirit on for size - EVERYONE - and see how much better it looks.
I agree with this but it could be summed up in one simple quote, " Can't we all just get along!!"

Seriously;

We all have our jobs to do regardless if it is road, traffic, narc, K-9 etc. We need to be there for each other. It's a real bummer that this schizzle has to happen.

I'll put it this way, my vision of police work has changed since I started. It's a shame because I thought of the botherhood, and blah blah..

I enjoy my job, and plan to stay here for sometime. I don't care I do whatever I am required to do, why complain as long as I go home at the end of the day.

Oh yeah by the way I have to say traffic has assited with some of my crashes, paperwork, and answered questions.

Props to all deputies.. Learn your job, and do it well.

06-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice job to all of you who don't chase and look the other way when a motorcycle AKA: crouch rocket exceeds, really really exceed posted speed limits. One passed me on Vetrans and had to be going 120+. I guess it must takes a COLLEGE Degree to figure out how to correct this problem. Opps forgot your not required to have one ! Go figure ! :shock:

06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Wake up!!!! So you want me to chase a motorcycle that can reach speeds of 170 plus if a few seconds, can make turns on a dime, at which time it becomes a 500 pound missles and slams into your mothers vehicle while she is crossing atwater on veterans. That 500 pound missle doing 150 mph will kill the rider and your mother at impact. If you have no problem with that then woohoo lets start chasing them all.

06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I guess you have a college degree, so here is an idea. Next time that motorcyle passes you...." YOU CHASE HIM " and let me know how it works out for you. I hope you have a porsche or corvette Z06 just to keep up. Once you catch him and get him to pull over for you becuase you asked nicely...Call Us!!!!! And I'll say thank you!!

06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey wake up ccso- it's VETERANS, not Vetrans. It does not take a college degree to know how to spell or form proper sentences either. Also, it is exceeded, but since you added "really, really" it must be ok. If you want us to chase these people, then petition your state representatives to change the laws as they are written, because guess what- we are not protected to persue anyone. So my livelyhood will not be put into jeopardy because my job is "really. really" important to me. Besides, how to you propose we go ahead and stop a motorcycle that has a rider with a death wish? Typical, make a stupid complaint then not have an answer to help solve a problem. What a twit.

06-05-2007, 02:50 AM
First off, the Traffic Unit and all members of CCSO attempt to enforce the traffic laws on all types of vehicles. If an officer is able to catch up to a motorcycle, they try to stop the motorcycle. 9 times out of 10, the motorcycle (mainly crotch rockets/rice burners) takes off. CCSO DOES NOT allow officers to pursue unless it is a Forcible Felony Offense. The last time I read the Florida Statutes (Which define Forcible Felony Offense), a Traffic Violation does not qualify. It is not worth the life of the motorcycle rider, the officer, or an innocent driver/pedestrian to chase a motorcycle or any vehicle for a Traffic Violation or Misdemeanor Offense. You can not make contact with the motorcycle, and you can not spike the tires of a motorcycle. So unless you can propose a solution to the problem, I would think twice about what you say. Officers do not like to let the violator get away. So give credit to the Officers that do the best they possibly can to keep the roadways of Charlotte County Safe.

06-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Yeah, what he said!!! ^^^^^ I still think that person is a twit.

06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Can we please focus on not allowing Worch to get into office, or we won't be doing anything but business checks.

06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
You are absolutely right!! Remember the bar code scanners we had to use? They were actually checked everyday and they would download all the checks u did and what time. What a crock!! Businesses hire security guards to do that, and it is used to make sure they were doing their rounds. Worch sucks A$$!!!!

06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I guess Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a LEO, or Agg Fleeing to Elude (3 year mandatory sentence) mean nothing to you all. Oh I forgot you don't chase thus no elude. How Ridiculous ! Statute 316.1935 check it out !

06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Get off your high horse. We know the statute number, so how are you going to enforce it? Are you going to be able to see the tag on a bike? How about identifying the rider? So who are you going to charge? Ghostrider? Give me a break. We are not allowed to persue by our policy, and I am not going to lose a job, or my house to make you feel better. If you want to chase, then go ahead, just be prepared for any mistakes that had been made, because there is no protection under the law and none by this agency.

06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Wake up CCSO is probably a Worch Crony. 50% of high speed chases end up in a Crash. That is why we only pursue forcible felonies. Because it is not worth killing people for a tag light out. I guess this wanna be thinks that if someone runs out of publix without paying for beer we should be able to shoot him in the back. Get a life idiot.

06-06-2007, 07:45 AM
You are probably right, worch does seem to have alot of his suckbutts going around town trying to make us look bad so he can get elected. Hey worch, isn't there some bride you can order from Russia? If you was such a good sheriff here, why was your own son on our SHOCAP program when he was a juvenile?

06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I do understand how you guys feel about not having the authority to pursue, but I also know how I feel about how everyone who does obey the laws can get aggravated by watching these jerks do what they please. It has only taken a little bit of time for them to realize they can do just about anything they want and laugh right in your face. What's going to happen in another 5-10 years, do you really think it is going to stop just at speeding. Their winning and they know it. Look at all the juveniles committing all these crimes. They see their older brothers getting away with s#^t, and telling stories about how the cops can't do anything. I drive back and forth everyday and watch this crap go on all the time. It's getting so much worse out there, and you guys are getting your hands tied tighter everyday. It's not you guys, but the ones in charge. Why aren't there any un-marked cars out on 41 and 776 doing traffic, oh I know, we have to show the public a show of force. Bullcrap, we need to solve the problem. North Port has all kinds of un-marked vehicles and when you drive down 41 in their area, you don't see people passing and driving erratically like you do in Port Charlotte and Englewood. This is not a shot at you guys or praising North Port, it's just a fact. If we had un-marked cars, then the public would see the difference by the way people conducted themselves on the road when you're not around in your patrol units. They might also be able to follow the crotch-rockets until they stop somewhere, then nail their butts!!! Again I'm not blaming anyone, just stating that it's not getting better, but far from it, and if someone in charge doesn't do something about it, people are going to get killed anyway, it's just a matter of time. The higher ups need to remember, it's Law Enforcement, not Law Re-action.

06-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Mr. Big Dog. You are partially right about it being caused by the Administations. They make policies based upon their philosophies about law enforcement. It is not all there fault either. The problem lies with the legal system. The legal system does not give protection to the Officer or Agency when it comes to the lifes of others as a result of the outcome of a police pursuit. This problem is not just occurring here in Charlotte. This is a nationwide epidemic. More and more police departments across the nation are changing their pursuit policies because of law suits against the agencies and officers. Put yourself in the shoes of an officer. Do you want to risk your career, family, house, and lively hood to chase a violator of a non-serious offense or a victimless crime? They wreck and kill somebody, how would you feel for the rest of your life knowing that you were only chasing the person for a traffic violation or a property crime offense? I know I can not deal with that situation. If you were to chase for those reasons and kill one of my family members, I will hunt you down. What if it was your family member that get killed from a pursuit.

06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I do understand 100% about the legal stand points concerning pursuits, and agree with you. My problem is that I feel you guys can't be everywhere at the right time. When were driving and a patrol unit is near by, then all is well, but if there is no unit around, look out. That's why I feel so strongly about un-marked units, not vehicles that you know are un-marked, but cars that can be on the road and are hard to recognize as officers. I still believe that this is an admin. problem, and feel they would rather look the part, then act the part. Some of the officers that I know are frustrated also. I just hope someone changes something, before it gets worse then what it is now. Also, I am not a Worch Cronie, I have been in this area for a long time now, and I believe the people in charge need the support of their officers, and the officers need the respect of their supervisors. It seems from everything I read from here and Pasco County, that Worch would not fit that bill. Thanks for your professional response, but I still feel that un-marked units would help, not hurt. You guys stay safe out there!!

06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Well Said BIG DOG! Well said. There is a probelem so CCSO figure out a way to fix it. STOP with all the EXCUSES. DO whatever it takes to fix the problem. Unmarked car may be the answer and task force teams. Stop with the excuses and BS. Just fix it ! I won't stop until its fixed...........

06-07-2007, 04:01 PM
To Wake up CCSO, I am glad you agree with me, but being rude or pointing the blame disrespectfully at everyone involved is not the way to handle any situation, bad or good. I think this is a great web sight and it allows people to voice their opinions in a way that has never been available before. But it is a LEO sight and they deserve the respect I was talking about earlier. There is a lot of things that control what they can do and there are a lot of things that they are not allowed to discuss pertaining to policies. I have found that a little bit of courtesy and a lot of common sense, can get you the answers you are looking for. Nobody, not just cops, will respond back to someone who is biligerant or dis-respectful. They have to deal with that kind of behavior on a daily basis with the people they arrest, they should not have to deal with it on their own web sight. Give it a try, you might get better results with your questions and opinions. Good Luck!!!

06-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Big Dog and Wake up CCSO. If the two of you feel that way about the use of un-marked traffic cars, then you should right the Sheriff of Charlotte County and tell him that. I can state that the Traffic Unit and some Administrators have requested un-marked police vehicles and even un-conventional police vehicles. The requests were turned down. Maybe this would change if the citizens of Charlotte County expressed their thoughts about the use of un-marked and even un-conventional police vehicles. And thank you Big Dog for you courtesy and politeness towards us.

06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Thank you Traffic Officer for all your insight and information you have given me about this matter. I will write the Sheriff and explain my feelings towards this issue. Maybe it can make a difference or maybe I will just get back some political rhetoric, but at least I tried. I also read in the paper that Sepulveda got arrested the other day. Thank God, I know he's one that has been going over 100 mph for quite some time. I guess when they say"The wheels of justice turn slow, but they turn" goes for him. It must give you guys great pleasure to see him picked up, that's one for the good guys. Stay safe and keep on chipping away.

06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I would like to say thank you to Big Dog for his respect and comments on this subject. We are in the process of putting together a operation to help with the motorcycle issue. Our deputies have been voicing their concerns about them for sometime now. It takes awhile to get the admin on board with ideas that road patrol develops. I think its the old problem of it they didn't come up with the plan then they cannot get credit for it.

Thanks again Big Dog

06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I hope things work out for you guys. When the top brass stops patting each other on the shoulders and starts backing the officers in the field, then some of the problems might start to decline. Your agency should be run just like any other company. Keep an eye on all your employees, weed out the bad ones, because you know there are bad apples in any organization. Then pay attention to your top producers, they have shown that they want to do the job to their best abilities. Listen to these guys and give them support, because that will create a stronger bond than anything else you could do. When there is pride in what you do and you know people take notice, it makes you want to excel even more. It doesn't take much, just an acknowledgement that they notice what your doing and they are willing to listen to your ideas. The Captain steers the ship, but the men propel it through the waters. I've run off at the mouth long enough, thank you to the officers who got back with me about my issues, it made me feel better about some things that have been annoying me for awhile. Stay safe out there, because no matter what others might say, there are a lot of us that are glad your out there protecting our community!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm glad my concerns did not fallen on deaf ears. This is an extremely dangerous problem that needs more than" What do you want me to do. We can't catch them" BS excuses. I also respect what a GOOD LEO does on a daily basis. Reference the bad ones I won't piss on them if they were on FIRE ! CCSO has gotten a real Black eye for some unsolved murders and their unstaffing issues. Sometimes hours to respond to a call. Don't ever tell me "Chase them yourself". Not my job but is is yours! At my job if there is a serious concern we fix it not offer up excuses and policy BS issues. Do all you can and show me you are doing all you can and you will only get praise from me. To all the good Deputies at CCSO GREAT JOB ! To all those cheats,Slackers. Lazy and over weight dead wood just get by officers, Beware the public is watching you. :shock:

06-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Big dog, you are right. He has been needing to get hooked up for some time. Please do that about the letter. If they admin sees that this is important enough for people in our community to write them about, maybe it will help get some changes. Lots of people here want to do the job, but it is hard when we are not given all the tools or discretion we need to do them.

06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I guess my concerns resulted in ACTION ! I saw at least 5 different Deputy units and one unmarked SUV on 41 sat night looking for what I hope was out of control crouch rockets and motorcycles. I told you I will PRAISE You for jobs well done and let it start here reference SAT NIGHT 6/9/07. Yes I was checking it out ! Don't let it stop there as this problem didn't start overnight nor will it end in one night ! GREAT JOB CCSO ! By the way for those of you that don't think this site works THINK AGAIN!

10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
are you kidding

12-05-2007, 08:35 AM

1st of all I have no problem posting my name and I dont hide behind some false screen name like guest, or as you call yourself, RoadCop, (a real cop would stand up and say things to the persons face no matter what the consequences would be, but then again I don't think you are a real roadcop!)

If you read your manual about responding to emergency calls for service, it says that if you are in an area of a priority call, you are to respond to the scene. Also if a traffic unit responds as back up, it frees up a zone unit to handle another call for service that is waiting to be handled. You must never been on a call with me as I always ask "What can I help you with." I am a team player along with the other unit members and if anyone needs help and we are not on other missions that are assigned to us, we help out. When a district is short, the watch commander sends us to that district and assist wtih calls and help out. But all that you see is that we do not work crashes. Dfc Williams, myself, Cpl Burke, and other unit members worked several crashes. If you were smart, you would want to work the crashes as they are the easiest calls to work.

Also you must be a rookie and running your mouth about things you must have no experience about. The next time you or anyone else that would like to know what the traffic unit does, and see me or anyother member of the traffic unit in the hallway, feel free to stop anyone of us and we can have a discussion about it (unless you are scared and a coward) and any other different views you might have about the unit and what we do. Our unit members will be more than willing to answer your questions and put your concerns at ease. As to me responding code, the traffic unit is not a primary unit for calls for service, I normaly go as back up as there is no one else going to back you or anyone else up for that matter.

But remember the next time you need a cover unit rethink your ideas as I will still back you up even though I don't agree with you at all.

kevin u fat ku,k your luck you stil have a job. Your such a fuq up. Go away

12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
The problem is not that they run and we can't catch them...The issue is when they wreck..and die...the public get all upset because we were "only chasing them for a traffic violation". The family sue's CCSO for wrongfull death and then normally sue's the deputy personaly as well....It's not that we dont want to catch them...but I think you may be failing to recognize all the long term implication's of such a pursuit.

Ask Former Deputy Bobby Chillar. 1989. I was there. He hit a car at 776/41 killed 3 people. Worch made sure he did time. Ask some of the old timers. The passenger in deputy Chillars car is still here today with this agency. Clue he used to me a ccso mechanic. Dont chase or turn on them lights. Do it by the book. WOW what a mess that night.

12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
kevin u fat ku,k your luck you stil have a job. Your such a fuq up. Go away

He might be fat on the outside, but he can lose weight. Coward goes straight to the bone, "GUEST". :wink:

12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, and by the way...

With spelling like that, GUEST, sounds like YOU are the one lucky to have a job. Grow some b@lls and post under your own name then maybe there will be some REAL discussion. Yeah, that's what I thought.

12-06-2007, 01:38 AM
You mean like the way you just did? If yuo are going to give that advice, you should follow it yourself. :roll:

12-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Kevin. You are such a screw up. Why dont you go away, while you can before everyone else jumps on the band waggon. You have done more dump crap over the years, but yet you remain. What will be next?

12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Reading your post was a mistake. Why be insulting? If you are such a good guy, why dont you put your name to your post when being so insulting?

12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Reading your post was a mistake. Why be insulting? If you are such a good guy, why dont you put your name to your post when being so insulting?

12-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh, I'd be happy to sign my name is I was the one on here dissing someone by name. I suspected such: that you wouldn't understand that and that I'd have to come back here and explain that to you. :D :wink:

12-07-2007, 12:05 AM
You have done more dump crap over the years, but yet you remain.

Look at what you just wrote: "yet you remain". Does that tell you something? The dude knows his job. Go read your statute book and then come talk your ignorant smack. He knows it inside & out. There is no one you would rather have your back I can tell you that from experience.

12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Does he know the statute number for stalking and what the elements of the crime are????

12-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Does he know the statute number for stalking and what the elements of the crime are????

Yup doesnt apply to a blog page. Only your direct e-mail. If you dont like it dont read it.

12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
You have no idea what that was about huh.....

12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
You have no idea what that was about huh.....

Yaa its Kevn trying to scare people