PDA

View Full Version : Running For Sheriff

04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Does anyone have any clue as to whom is running for Sheriff this next go round? I Have only read about one guy, a private investigator, with no law enforcement experience. I figured someone else will try and run also, but I haven't heard anything yet.

04-04-2007, 02:12 AM
no-one will even have a chance, he is too well conected...

04-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I agree, but I am curious as to who will try. Sheriff Hunter has my vote, but I am interested to see if anyone from within has the ballz to try.

04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah, right. If ANYONE from within even thinks about it out loud, or even jokes about it, they're gone. Poof, evaporated, blitzo, invisible. And from what I've heard the harassment NEVER stops afterwards. As far as the private investigator, he was a trooper years ago for a few years but has been out of law enforcement for several years, about twenty I think. Too far outside the loop. I do hope someone else runs though.

04-05-2007, 08:41 AM
I head a certain Sgt. from District One may be thinking about running. Anyone know about that?

04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
All you need is a catchy name, like those people that have last names that could also be first names.......Half the voters pick the one that just sounds good for the position. Remember Biff Lagan? Who would vote for a man with a name like that? I wonder why in a city like Naples with all our retired CEOs of major corporations and VIP's noone has even wanted the job enough to run for office?? :?:

04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
There is a huge difference between stockholders and the voting public. The majority of stockholders are usually intelligence and savvy kind of people. Now the voting public of Collier County...I don't think fit into that description.

When you consider that an educated person and a shopping carriage pushing retard each have the same value to their vote, then you know why only certain types of people run for office.

04-06-2007, 05:11 AM
None of the regulars are commenting so I guess the rumor about the rat squad reading this forum must be true.

04-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh- here we go with the rat comment again....listen bud, there are alot of us here on road patrol in Collier that do not agree with you. You are begining to look much like the British soldiers captured in Iraqi waters that p's their pants when confronted with Iranians that bullied them into saying they were in Iranian waters and there was a chance of a conflict involving injury or imprisonment. Realize this, WE follow the rules. WE are charged with enforcing them also. WE have famalies and have a sense of duty, honor and RESPECT that is not engraved on the badge but EARNED everyday by setting the example on or off duty. Should I fall short if these expectations, then I EXPECT it to be brought to light.... for all to see so that I can make a change or go up north for some union protection for my screw ups. Look at your badge..it has the word "God" on it but it is not refering to you.

04-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Amen to that and in regards to the Sheriff...why replace something that is not broke!

As you have been told before by many others on this forum, please take your Doom and Gloom somewhere else. There are plenty of other agencies on this site that you can troll and stir the pot.

Finally, I like my rose colored glasses and enjoy the happiness of the Southern Rat life.

Yeeehaw ya'll got'er done.

Ten8hotel
04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Thank you Paradise and the previous guest for your comments that reflect my views also. Looks like there are more deputies in this county that care about what's right and what's wrong all the time and not when it's just convenient for your own interests or personal gain. Bottom line is stop complaining because you dropped your car off for service and left a garbage heap on the front seats and floorboards. If you have such a strong opinion, then share it with others at work so that we may know what kind of backup we really have on scene, or are you one of those that says " hey , leave me off the booking sheet so I don't have to go to court also".

04-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Always the same couple of cheerleaders. Come on shake your pom poms and give us your favorite cheer.

Give us an H

H
Give us a U

U

Give us a N

N

I'll let the cheerleaders finish the rest. One quick question is it true all the cheerleaders are natives? Because that would explain a lot.

04-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Are you inferring that people from the south think differently from those in the north? Your question leads me to believe that because we all may be native to the south and we have all stated that we think the same then this means that people from the south have a conscious, believe in accepting responsibility for our actions and have moral and ethical values.

By inferring this you are essentially saying that people from up north do not think or act this way or act opposite from those who were raised in the south.

Since I personally know people who were raised in the north who also share my same sense of values and integrity then I would have to say that once again your theory, beliefs and general perception of life is FLAWED!

This is leaving you, once again, as the minority and not the majority. I guess it is true that you are not a product of your environment but more of a product of your parents. You know what they say in the south: The pecan does not fall far from the tree.

I bet your parents are real proud of you.
:shock:

04-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Lions, and tigers and run-on sentences...oh my....

04-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Lions, and tigers and run-on sentences...oh my....

Once again you are wrong. There is neither in my post. But what else could I expect from you? Always trying to divert the attention away from the facts and place the blame elsewhere.

Just think, if you were still up north you could go crying to your union rep that “Paradise” was picking on you…again.

Nuff said,

Naples show me 1008. 1039 to DLC! :lol:

04-07-2007, 04:22 AM
it is time for the sheriff to go. he has done good, a lot of it, but has become narrow minded, stagnant, and has fallen into a modern version of the good old boy management system. he has had a good run, but it is time for change, time for hunter and his administration to go. time for new blood, new ideas, new perspectives, new command, new new new.

04-07-2007, 04:35 AM
If you want NEW, NEW, NEW then there is nothing keeping you from going to Lee County and working for them!

It can not be all that bad here. Have you seen how many people have left only to return to CCSO. That says a lot about the Sheriff, his administration and the people who work here.

Sheriff Hunter will not be going anywhere until he decides it is time to go. But do not worry, if you decide to move on to greener pastures and decide to come back, we will still welcome you with open arms. That is just the way we southern folk do it around here. Even if you are from the colder states.

(Paradise, you crack me up!)

04-07-2007, 04:41 AM
I know about southern folk, being about as southern as you can get. CCSO is good -- very good, but can be BETTER with a NEW Sheriff. Hunter is tired and worn out, and has surrounded himself with imcompetent lacky's. It is time for him to go. I have been with CCSO a long time. I have seen the good and the bad. It is time for the new.

04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
retnuh is right. time for a new sheriff in town

04-07-2007, 09:07 PM
lions and tigers...now that's funny stuff

04-07-2007, 10:13 PM
facts?

04-08-2007, 02:54 AM
Paradise and George along with one or two other members of the command staff seem to think Hunter is perfect. Maybe if I was making over 100K a year for sitting in a office I would think Hunter was perfect too.

04-08-2007, 04:25 AM
I work for the CCSO and make less than $50K a year and I think Sheriff Hunter is doing a hell of a job. Who is it that makes sure that you get your raises to keep up with the cost of living?? He has a very tough job but he does it well. If someone else thinks that can do it better, I would like to see them run for sheriff. No, I am not trying to score brownie points on here with the sheriff. Fact of the matter is, without Sheriff Hunter our Agency might be as bad as some in Ft.Lauderdale. Do you know how unhappy those people are??? Sheriff Hunter is a great boss and a great man. If he was that bad, why would he still be Sheriff after what 20 years or so?? Think about it.... He has my vote in the next election.

04-08-2007, 04:57 AM
he is here because no viable opponent has run against him. He is a good manager, a fine administrator, a so-so leader, and quite a successful politician. He is not a cop. he has been here because of his political savvy, not because of his leadership or his other abilities. He has done much good for this agency over the years. in recent years, he has gotten narrow, and much less effective, in large part due to his odd choices for appointment to top level management. It is time for him and his administration to go. A good run it was, but it is over. My vote is undecided... I will vote my heart and for the best candidate -- it may be Hunter, or, hopefully, someone else.

04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Well Superwoman it's nice to know that Hunter is keeping the clerical staff happy.

04-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Why don't you just accept the fact that the Sheriff is keeping everyone happy except for you. It sounds as if you have a personal problem.

It is obvious that you make many comments under different screen names in an attempt to make it seem that there is more than one of you.

One person + one problem + multiple screen names = A.D.D. (Attentention Deficit Disorder)

04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I find it pretty sad that you refer to us as clerical staff like its a bad thing. Without the clerical staff, the deputies would not be able to do their job as efficiently. The Civilian Deputies are just as important as the Certified. I think that is the only thing about working for a Law Enforcement Agency that I do not like. The fact that no one seems to understand that we are all on the same team and that without each other the agency would not function properly.

04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Superwoman,

Do not worry about what this guy has to say. His only intent on this website is to cause problems and controversy. Every deputy that I know at our agency values the civilian staff and appreciates the hard work that each department provides.

You are correct that we are all on the same team no matter what your title is at the agency.

I know it is hard but we need to just ignore his childish comments.

04-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Why would people need to change screen names George? That is not a valid argument to me. Most people on here have the screen name "Guest." I do agree with the fact civilians are appreciated, and our agency would not run smoothly without them.

George, if you look back at a majority of the postings for this website it would be clear to you that most of them are deputies venting. It sounds like you may be the one with the problem in regards to these postings. If you don't like what people are saying on a certain blog, then make another one that doesn't upset you.

04-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Copied from the Terms of Use Agreement: “This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively.”

I have no problem with deputies venting in a constructive manner. It gets old reading demeaning posts with underlying tones of contempt for anyone who has something positive to say or expresses good moral values or positive work ethics.

I have taken your advice and have looked back on prior threads. The majority of posts were not deputies venting but asking valid questions or making positive statements. In return you have ONE person who wants to belittle others and slam those who enjoy their job and support the agency.

I enjoy a good healthy, respectful debate. There is no need to call others RATS or chastise others for doing the right thing. Following policy and being a productive member of this agency is not an open invitation for personal attacks or ridicule.

I honestly feel the intent of your post should be directed towards “Guest” and not those of us who choose to follow the rules of this site or get annoyed by others who do not.

Respectfully submitted,
George

04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Imagine how much of this would be addressed by a new sheriff? It would nice to find out.

Red Devil
04-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Ok let’s cut to the chase here. The Sheriff is the figure head, he is a politician, not a cop but still a very good politician that keeps us in fairly good pay. The reason that he has been Sheriff for almost 20, easy he hires his political opponents, places them in very high ranking/high paying positions and nobody of merit runs against him, or else he would be a Chief or Capt or under sheriff by now. Is it good politicking? Is it an abuse of tax payer’s money? Is it insanely odd the Bridget O’Malley was labeled as “unprofessional” and a bias journalist in an E-mail from the Sheriff and is now head of our own PIO department? Again, a brilliant move of keeping your enemies closer, or a sell out to keep the Naples Daily News off the Agencies back. These are not questions that I concern myself with, because they don’t involve me personally, but someone might want to explore them?
The Sheriff does what the Sheriff dose and he dose it well. The only flaw that I personally can see is that he needs a voice of dissention in the group of command staff. Someone who will say “hey sheriff, I understand that these tribal arm bands we all have is Navaho for [Yes sir, all is good with the world] but there are some issues on the lower levels of management that we might want to address and not just fluff each other up today”. A voice of pure honesty in the band of brothers, regardless of how it cuts across the grain, is what we need, not a new Sheriff. After all we could end up with a Shoap type Sheriff. There is a saying, “The evil you know is not as bad as the evil you don’t” not that any one is “evil” but it is the saying and it seems to make sense.
:evil:

04-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Hunter cannot handle such truth or dissention -- even if it comes from a loyal, dedicated deputy. Look at those who have expressed such opposing views -- in the spirit of honest consideration and concern for the agency and its members. They have been "removed" in one way or another. His ego, and those of his command lacky's just wont allow it. Hunter has had his time, and the time is now for change. a new sheriff is needed.

04-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh Red Devil who are you. We know you are from D-1, and we know you are a Sgt. You aren't Martin, Dinda, Humann, Ellis, Walker, Wozniak, or Bohannon...who is left?????????????????

04-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Let me guess George, you and Paradise think it is still one person making all these posts? What's the old saying "the higher you get, the thinner the air" well from where you sit the thin air has affected your brain.

Now go press the buzzer and have one of your peons get you an ice cream.

bosco
04-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Oh Guest you are wrong. Red Devil is not either of them. Nor am I. And he is not from D-1. Just sit back and think about it for a while.

04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
time for a new sheriff and more important a new top level administration

04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
In reference to the previous post about "natives", who ever told you that Hunter was a "native". He is NOT. Check your facts. Find out what he was doing before he was pushed into this job. You'd be surprised.