PDA

View Full Version : Untouchable

04-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Any feedback or comments on the recent promotions to Lt. or Sgt. for that matter? I can't believe this one flew under the radar. Why would the Chief skip a qualified female at #1?? That took balls or just stupidity...

04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
ahh or common sense

04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
This post should be delted. No one cares.

04-03-2007, 02:18 PM
correction - deleted, no one cares.

04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Mr or Mrs Guest - obviously someone cares enough to post this here. This is the Davie Police Department Forum !!!!!!! Nothing negative was said so why delete it?? You must be one of those who is protected by the Chief to make a comment like that. Do you work upstairs by chance?

04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Who just got promoted?

I was DVPD for 25 years before retiring eight years ago

04-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I think it's an utter tragedy that Sgt. Davis wasn't promoted despite his unimpressive #5 ranking. I guess he'll just have to go back to doing what he does best: being totally awesome, intelligent and handsome. Wow, I wish I was him.

04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I think it's an utter tragedy that Sgt. Davis wasn't promoted despite his unimpressive #5 ranking. I guess he'll just have to go back to doing what he does best: being totally awesome, intelligent and handsome. Wow, I wish I was him.
---and garish!!!

04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
When we retire we can go to seminole. They made some changes, good or bad it's a good retirement job. Any feedback?

04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
When we retire we can go to seminole. They made some changes, good or bad it's a good retirement job. Any feedback?

I can't vouch for Seminole, but for you about to be retired guys, especially those who live in Palm Beach or North Broward, there is the Palm Beach School District Police, which now has three DVPD retirees. No midnights or weekends except for overtime. For those who want the OT, there's plenty to be had. We basically follow the teacher's work schedule and have two weeks off at Christmas, Spring Break, etc. We have training for 3-4 weeks in summer (1-2 in June & 2 in July) and are off the rest of the summer. OT for "details" like football games, proms, is 1.5X minimum and the 1.5X is increased to factor in State educational incentive and/or assignment pay. School District has many 2nd career guys, and many of those were supervisors in ist career (even have one former chief and two dep chiefs). State non-contributory pension. Details where it is a lease arrangement, such as a church leasing the auditorium, are paid to the officer at $24 hour, and will go up to $35 hr when new contract is ratified.