PDA

View Full Version : Stand tall brothers

04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
To: the officers involved. Keep your heads up, be true to your oath of being a police officer, be truthful, accept whatever happens as a cost of being a “COP”, and continue doing what you think is right for the betterment of the citizen’s of Pinellas Park, the United States of America and your fellow officers.

A couple of comments here....

1. First to everyone that believes everything you read in the St. Pete Times is the truth, especially reported by A.L.,,,unforuntately you have not been the subject of “ITS” investigative reporting. Because if you have, then you would know you can only take the tainted facts out of the article.

2. To the complacent “ready or already retired person” who stated most officers never (God forgive me, say, “draw leather”) well this is unfortunately a different time in society. This is not the same time where there are terrorist’s attacks, snipers, suicide by cop situations, school shootings, subjects with body armor and automatic weapons, and random acts of violence.*** not to mention Pinellas Park was one of, if not the first high school shootings in the nation.***

The most overwhelming example of restraint, empathy, compassion, training, heart, sacrifice, and justice is the officer/person who does what is right when other’s lives are depending on it. 9 times out of 10, we (as officers or good Samaritans) respond to incidents thinking only of others in danger. If someone does something in good faith and makes a mistake in going to the wrong address, really is that a true reflection of a bad cop or person? No, I do not think so, and I am willing to bet you really do not think so too. But we are so entranced by the media, and we let them sensationalize every single incident. The problem with our society is that we think that we are a “Free Society”. But yet we let the media force us into thinking what is right or wrong by nothing more than popular opinion or mobish (probably not a word but it sounds right) thinking. I challenge everyone to not make “knee jerk” reactions to everything you hear, but yet place yourselves in the situation and view it from all sides (empathy). And after that, well…….that is up to you.

God bless and lets us all come home…………………………………….

04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
oh i gotcha now i was wrong al these years....i guess then on very call we go on we should go with gun in hand and maybe a shot gun slung over our shoulder...... hummm, im for it i guess.... but then we will have to deal with the trigger happy cops that will fire at any shot of movement... and articulate they thought the person was reaching for a weapon.... hummm, i think i like this idea..... they way we are one step ahead of the bad guy..... ha! that's bullshit sorry folks cops die every week its life.... do you assholes really think the two NC cops that were killed yesterday werent god cops cuz they were ready???? do you guys really think that they were stupid cops cus they think about being shot when they arrived.... i'm sorry but your the stupid ones..... lets ask the LT from pasco county when was killed while writting a police report.... he was ready either...... we all wanna go home every night but some times we dont.....

i really feel bad for the citizens that have to deal with you all.... ill pray my family will never need pppd help.... keep having the higher than mighty attitudes!!!!! be safe!!!!

04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
before i get slammed for some typos in the previous posts save your comments..... the keys on my keyboard get stuck from the kids spilling crap on it... i know i know im uneducated trailer park trash asshole !!

04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
oh i gotcha now i was wrong al these years....i guess then on very call we go on we should go with gun in hand and maybe a shot gun slung over our shoulder...... hummm, im for it i guess.... but then we will have to deal with the trigger happy cops that will fire at any shot of movement... and articulate they thought the person was reaching for a weapon....

Ok, I'm certain now that you aren't a cop...if you are, than you are probably one of the most uneducated complacent ones I have ever seen.

No, cops should not walk up to every call with gun in hand..but when the call is a person with a gun in a store what is an appropriate response? And when the caller says "She's coming out now." as they are walking up to the store..what would you like them to do? Perhaps you would like them to ask for ID? Or maybe offer to shake hands..or maybe ask do you have a gun? Can I have the gun please?

There is no way that you have ever been in a situation like this in order to make that statement. Even the most seasoned, complacent cops on our department draw down on people who they think are armed.

I hope too, that your family never needs PPPD help..because if you need the police, then things are not going well in your or your family's life and I wish nothing but happiness on you and yours. But your train of thought is horrible. I lump you in the same category as people who ask why we need rifles, or shotguns, or SWAT teams. All of these weapons and personnel have been proven to save innocent lives. Part of what makes law enfocement so effective these days is that our officers are trained to act quickly, aggressively, and with restraint.

Although they may have been careless, and we aren't really sure they were since we weren't there and don't know exactly what they knew, or didn't know, it most certainly wasn't wreckless...

Thank you and have a nice day.

04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
i am a cop ahole!!!!! and if you know the facts you wouldnt have written what you did..... the caller never stated she had seen a gun. it was just implied..... no gun was ever seen furthermore, the lady wasnt arrested ~ now if your a cop you should know most of the calls and traffic stops we do there are guns involved and some times we never know..... so take your little shitty attitude and shake it out of your brain...... wrong place, wrong person, no gun ever seen. having said that, when it is that everything that is dispatched to officers are actually what it is..... im sure if you were the primary officer that went to the right place you would have arrested the lady just cuz someone said she had a gun doesnt matter that she didnt have one, just go on what witness' say. Good luck in your job buddy .... and thank God I live very far from pinellas park with cops like you there!!!!

04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
No, cops should not walk up to every call with gun in hand..but when the call is a person with a gun in a store what is an appropriate response? And when the caller says "She's coming out now." as they are walking up to the store..what would you like them to do? Perhaps you would like them to ask for ID? Or maybe offer to shake hands..or maybe ask do you have a gun? Can I have the gun please?

ok lets here from the intelligent officers that went to the right location.... lets see how they handled it.....

04-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Security Guard at in the local retirement community doesn't count as a officer.

Thanks for living far away. Our residents are a step up in class from you Barney.

Don't forget to put that bullet in your pocket.

:lol:

04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
hahahha are we stilltalking about pinellse park??? class???? hahahha!!!

how long didi it take you to come up with that comment.... your funny thanks for making me laugh we all need a good one sometimes.... pinellas park class hahahahhahha

04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Very true. Let the IA investigation run its course. Just leave well enough alone unless it involves you directly. By people posting on this board and slamming one another, it does not help.

The big picture is this. Yes, mistakes were made. But, were they in good faith?

As any humble officer will admit to, you make mistakes and take your lumps and learn. Let me meet one officer who has never made a mistake...... I have a small feeling I never will. Unless you are so conceded that you believe your bullet proof to.

I realize I will probably get slammed pretty hard by posting this, oh well. Guys who are being investigated. Keep your chins up!!!! Some of your brothers and sisters are supprting you, others look for any reason to slam people.

There are many issues, as with any department. If we as an agency could utilize our eagerness as shown on this web site to change things within. You never know what could happen. Yes, there are some issues only the Adm can address, but there are many we can handle and shown unity within the department.