PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop All The Bashing

03-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I thought everything was cleared up with the understanding that rude comments should be kept to yourself or you should tell Doug yourself how you feel. Please scroll back through this blog to read what Matt's Wife nancy wrote. I do not think this is appropriate nor very professional. I understand that everyone neess to vent, however this is a public blog and some things should not be posted here. Please consider everyone involved before posting your comments. You may unintrentionally insult someone.

I respect all of you, however, some of you show NO respect for your Department or the Polk County Sheriffs Department by continuing to bash each other and write rude and nasty comments. It is such a shame that so many people look up to you, that those of you who continue to write rude comments have NO respect for each other, let alone yousrself.

The next time you post something please think about this. Matt's wife Nancy does read these posts. Do you think she would want her children reading these blogs? Please keep in mind it affects everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter.

Chasity Huff

03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
No one has ever said anything negative about Matt. We ALL agree he left us way to early. However, I think Nancy and the children would like the truth as much as we do on that unfortunate day.

I do not know EXACTLY what happened. But I would like to know if Doug shot Matt, did it incapacitate him to provide the following that we all grusomely know.

Mrs. Williams is right, this all was started by the decision of Freeland. I have just as much sympathy for the Freeland family as I do the Williams family for they all have to accept the actions Freeland made. He has a son now who has to bear knowing what his father did. I can only hope that whomever is raising him teaches him that his father made the wrong decision out of the decisions of right and wrong. You never know, maybe he will be the next Deputy Sheriff.

I also agree with another person who said that we lack the training for situations like this, however, we know very well to provide customer service. I know that I will never be prepared physically or mentally for EVERY situation, but all I ask is to give me a fighting chance.

Of my 10 years being here, my last two years of ALERT training included building entrys, searches, and simunitions. WE ALL NEED THIS TRAINING. This world isnt getting better, its only getting worse.

I also agree we, as deputies, need to be somewhat fit. There are way to many of us out of shape. Smoking or etc doesnt count as being unfit, but we need to at least be somewhat professional looking and being somewhat in shape helps. Bellies hanging well over the gun belt, HECK, i've even thought i could take him/her or run from them and I was their partner. It also plays on the partners mind when certain shift/sector partners come as backup in very intense situations. I been in many fights and my partner just sat there screaming in the radio and didnt help.

HOWEVER, the Sheriff's Office does provide any and all advertisements when Gold's Gym or Lifestyles have specials, etc for law enforcement, but how many of us actually sign up??? So you cant say the SO isnt providing that information, they are, just we arent taking the initiative to try and save our life or our partners by joining.

As for each deputy in this agency, please stop fighting. What has happened, happened. NONE of us can change the facts (or what we have of them) no matter how much we bicker. To this day, I still have days that are better then others. I grew up with Matt, he was one of my reasons for joining law enforcement and the Sheriff's Office specfically. So please, we all have opinions, but lets be supportive to the Williams family as best we can.

I know and I expect someone to blast me for saying what I said. But you know what, Ive said my peace.

04-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Cops bash, cops ***** and moan, thats how they get past the bull shit they face everyday... bash on my friends, stay safe and pat Corky on the butt when you see him, he likes that...