PDA

View Full Version : is it true?

03-30-2007, 10:46 AM
anyone else hearing the rumor that the chief turned in resignation papers?

03-31-2007, 03:43 PM
It was in todays Sun Sentinel. No replacement for him yet and no leave date.

04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
the city commission said they were going for a new direction but supplied no details, does anyone know maybe what they were going to change? Also, what was it the chief was doing that lowered the morale with most officers?

04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
the city commission said they were going for a new direction but supplied no details, does anyone know maybe what they were going to change? Also, what was it the chief was doing that lowered the morale with most officers?

how about not giving a shit?

04-02-2007, 01:11 AM
actully i was looking for maybe alittle more detail...

04-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Do most officers see this as an opportunity to improve the department or the loss of a great leader?

04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Do most officers see this as an opportunity to improve the department or the loss of a great leader?
hardly a great leader! one would have to remember who his officers are before he could be a leader. that and he might want to come talk to officers to find out why morale is low and others are leaving. or hey, maybe even show some intrest in our contract negotiations and fight for us, instead of sitting behind closed doors all day... maybe?

04-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Actually, if you look at what Chief Boyett inherited in 1995 he did achieve quite a bit. No one can deny that the equipment and vehicles are better, and the man definitely is not vindictive.

Of course, there are some monumental failures, "paperless reporting", "districting concept", lack of a true police headquarters (Moldgate hee, hee), one of my favorites that occurred in a patrol briefing "Morale is not my problem, morale is your problem". Probably the biggest failures when it comes to morale was his attitude towards people leaving, (I mean why not do real exit interviews?) and him not speaking with and not publicly supporting the guys involved in the shootings a couple of years ago.

Here lies the problem though. What happens if the new chief, whomever it is, comes in and actually demands some accountability? What happens if he or she shakes things up by rotating some personnel around? Or what if he/she actually expects people to "work" a full 40 hour week, and ensures that they do it.

Believe me, we can have it much worse. How many times have you heard people say "I like it here because there is no accountability" and in the same breath call for Chief Boyett to be replaced. Well boys and girls careful what you ask for, 'cause we just got it.

04-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Actually, if you look at what Chief Boyett inherited in 1995 he did achieve quite a bit. No one can deny that the equipment and vehicles are better, and the man definitely is not vindictive.

Of course, there are some monumental failures, "paperless reporting", "districting concept", lack of a true police headquarters (Moldgate hee, hee), one of my favorites that occurred in a patrol briefing "Morale is not my problem, morale is your problem". Probably the biggest failures when it comes to morale was his attitude towards people leaving, (I mean why not do real exit interviews?) and him not speaking with and not publicly supporting the guys involved in the shootings a couple of years ago.

Here lies the problem though. What happens if the new chief, whomever it is, comes in and actually demands some accountability? What happens if he or she shakes things up by rotating some personnel around? Or what if he/she actually expects people to "work" a full 40 hour week, and ensures that they do it.

Believe me, we can have it much worse. How many times have you heard people say "I like it here because there is no accountability" and in the same breath call for Chief Boyett to be replaced. Well boys and girls careful what you ask for, 'cause we just got it.

Thank you for the info, any opinion on what the impact on hiring might be?