PDA

View Full Version : Labor Negotiations

03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Just a heads up..........Labor negotiations are coming up. PLease keep your eyes open this go round. Many of you who voted for it the last time are now in the same situation as far as being maxed out or will be shortly. PLease do not fall into the short sightedness that you did in the last series. IT DOES MATTER!

Think long term guys.

03-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Is FOP able to fight over this new change to the matrix system? People in the top 20 dropped down to lower 40's with this moronic change.

Thanks!

03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Maybe some, just some, of the top 20 could use a bit more time on and maturity before being in charge. Just some, not all.....Degrees don't equal sense just as time on doesn't make you a leader...

03-29-2007, 04:51 PM
How about this. Topped out means topped out. Take your COLA and deal with it. Youre not in a fortune five hundred company and there is a cap to your salary.

However, those of us caught in the middle (8-16 years Deputies) are getting screwed by compression. There are new guys that will make more than me over their careers because of where they started. My pay is three years behind and there are guys 4 years under me is seniority making almost as much.

So sorry if I say screw those who are topped out. My question is when will i be able to complain about being topped out if the the starting salary amd topped out salary keep moving with an unequal movement in the middle?

Answer: never, until we bring actual pay steps back like before. Adjust your steps every year for COLA increases. But this is BS. So, sorry that you $60k base pay people who flood days and mids with weekends off cant get more money, but at least your at the top.

03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
due your time road scum

03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Topped out salary does effect us and we are only screwing ourselves in the long run if we sell out and remain short sighted on the issue. Don't be so immature and self important and turn your back on the veterans who see insurance, property taxes, gas, and other costs go through the roof while their salarys remain stagnant. Me me me me is a dangerous and counterproductive mentality.

03-30-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not short sighted, Ive seen top salary increases for years. When will more be done to fix the middle? Compression is screwing us now and has been for years. I say fix both if you can. They gave us .5% per year of service raises years ago to counter it. Why not bring that back, it would help the top and the middle.....

03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
You said "Me me me me is a dangerous and counterproductive mentality."

If only you felt that away about your precious weekends off I would vote for more top out pay. How about we all vote for rotating weekends off and more top out pay as one?

Here it comes...days off come with seniority. Well genius, so does topping out on the pay scale. Live with it like we do with working weekends.

03-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Bring back step raises and also lets catch up with the times and go to 12 hour shifts. I don't care about having weekends off but I do care about having TIME OFF.

04-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Jesus, now its new guy versus middle guy versus senior guy.

Theres a reason we dont want rotating days off, they suck. We sucked it up for the years it took to get weekends off. Sorry, it is the way it is. Same goes for pay. Some of us started at a wage you would laugh at. So don't mix salary with days of, thats short sighted.

And the old 12 hours shifts. Lets see, a land slide vote against those occurred in the nineties. They suck. You cant pland for crap. you cant goto college. You cant plan child care as easily. The only reason you rookies bring them up is so that you get some of the weekend off. Thats short sighted and immature.

I'll keep struggling with the BS pay compression and keep Saturday and Sunday off. Suck that rookie. Your fu-cking salary is a result of votes that occurred before your stupid a-ss even worked here you arrogant little fu-ck. I say freeze rookie pay for five years, see how you like it, ****.

04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
got a feeling im gonna get slammed just for my name but anyways i do understand that what happens in negotiations will affect us in the jail so if i may. about the 12 hrs yes you can make plans, you do get set days off with rotating weekends. we also have several members on 12 hr shifts who are still going to college so its not impoossible. harder yes but apparently it is possible. yes it does make it harder for childcare, there is no disagreement there. i also agree about the compression issue but please dont forget that one day you (and me) will hopefully top out and with the cost of living in this area skyrocketing as it is you may wish to lay the groundwork now for your future when you do top out. once again yes i did vote for having a union and i do hope that things go well for you guys.

04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Here's what I say to Jailer-4-Life. Yall chose not to have the FOP or PBA argue for your contracts. So I say, TOUGH SH-IT!!! Its bullsh-it that you get pay parity and our teams negotiate for it. Yall should get what you get and be happy. And 12 hours suck. No one wants to work a fu-cking 12 hour day!! I dont care what the fu-cking set days off are. Its bullsh-it and contrary to the rest of the countries hours. If 12 hours are so fu-cking great, why did most of the senior people in the jail go work the division that still had 8 hour shifts????? If you dont like having days off in the middle of the week for 5-7 years you should not have chosen this fu-cking job!!!! Its so typical of the me generation, ignore what the standards are until you are there and then make a stink out of it. You knew what they were before you got your job. Deal with!

04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
im not complaining about the 12 hr shifts. yes i love them but i had no problem with the 8 hr shifts either. the reason alot of the senior jailers went to north was because they kept crying about me, me, me. i want my weekends, i want my seniority to count. what about me is all i heard from the senior jailers. now if you want you can check the quality of those senior jailers and see that south didnt lose much. those senior jailers that stayed are well respected and hard workers. most that i can think of that left were not. now if you re-read my post i did not slam the senior people but pointed out that one thing that the road guys who are not toped out should remember is that one day they will be and that they should remember that when it comes time for negotiations. as a 6 yr jailer (but far from senior) i know what he means about the pay of new hires compared to his but not to forget his future. i did vote for a union and i know once again that what happens on the LEO side (like it or not) may very likely affect us poor poor jailers.

04-03-2007, 04:28 AM
Uh, yeah dude, it is me me me when its my days off. Just like your post is about what you want or like. Dont get all crappy when those who have paid their dues enjoy well deserved days off.

And I got your poor poor jailers. you took the job not me. You settled for it so deal with it. If you wanted the road you should have gone for it here or somewhere else. Good job bashing everyone senior to you dipzhit

04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I read alot of these post about 12 hour shifts and the old timers talking about the ME generation. Well after reading each post it appears that the ME generation is the OLD TIMERS. All they have for an arguement is DO YOUR TIME, I did now its me that gets the weekends off etc etc. I did mine so its your turn... WWWAAAAAHHHHH. :( :( :( :(

04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
hmm i agree with you on the pay for those in the middle not keeping up with the starting and top out salary and i agree that for those who are toped out its gotta suck because the COLA is not keeping up with the actual cost of living (and i am far from toped out just to remind you). sounds selfish to me.

04-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Who's fault is that? Mine? So I should get screwed and paid less than what know nothing rookies get paid because COLA aint keeping up with inflation? tough crap!!! Topped out is topped out. At this rate I will never be topped out because old timers worry more about their final payouts and blasting our budgets by buying back 500 vacation hours when they go into drop and 500 more when they retire!!! **** that shit they are getting paid plenty. You better start thinking about everyone instead of just the top and bottom. This is BS. Selfish is the f-ing negotions team that consist of mostly topped out people. MORON

04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
OK, I will attempt to stay on track with this. First of all, It is the agenda of this agency to pit the different classes young, middle, old against each other. That is fact. It worked well in the last negotiation. Some of you are buying into it again without anything being done.

Second, much talk is being thrown out about the "old timers" and the COLA. Lets look at this as clinically as we can. There are merit increases, and there are COLA's. The Old Timers that are maxed out do not receive merit increases. They are topped out. When everyone receives a COLA lets say 3%, the OLD TIMERS get $600 flat increase not compounded into their salary. Hmmm, one person gets 3%, another gets $600. How is that fair? A Cost of Living increase is a Cost of Living increase. My cost of living goes up just like the bottom guy or the middle guy. When cost of living is suspended as in our case we fall behind. We are now in a situation where topped out folks (ollld timers) lets say with 15 years in grade are making virtually the same as 3 year persons in grade.

WHEN THE TOP IN THE GRADE GET LIMITED EVERYONE UNDER GETS LIMITED FROM THAT DATE FORWARD. This isnt about a few old timers getting topped out and screwed by the bs COLA,,,,,,this is about what it IS DOING to all of us in this rediculous pay plan non-system. Its the principle, not the money. I think that most of the Old Timers would tell the people that thought up this bs COLA plan to take their $600 and shove it if possible. It is very short sighted to not see the effect that this plan is and will be having to ALL OF US.

Third, reference was made to people selling vacation time.......they earned it. If they chose not to burn through it like alot of the me generation folks so be it. They were working while others were taking long weekends every month and calling in sick, etc. Dont even go there.

Fourth, Negotiation team members are all topped out and selfish????? Dude, are you serious? Those folks are trying to do something for the good of all members. They are trying to prevent what is happening to the old timers happening to you. Understand that when you limit anything, it is only the first step. When you become shortsighted and only see this years increase versus the long road view, you WILL hurt yourself.

Use your heads guys. It doesnt matter to the OLD TIMERS........it matters to the beginning and middle guys. You will be there faster than you think. In the last negotiations there were only a few topped out folks that received the bs COLA for the last three years. Yes, $1,800 over three years as cost of living increase TOTAL. No Merit increase. Do the math. My homeowners went up more than that in 1 year. This negotiation session there are now hundreds of people in the maxed out state. Next negotiation there will be thousands,,, yes thousand. Stop and think about what is good for you in the long run.

This COLA plan is only good for the administration, not you.

04-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Yes but, everytime the topped out salary increases do they or do they not get a raise in pay??????

Obviously they dont if they make more than the toppes out pay, but if they just got topped out and the TOP pay goes up, they get a raise, right or wrong?

Enough years have been spent on raising the topped out pay and the starting salary, its time to fix the middle AGAIN. It has only been done once in the last decade. Give me a break.

This is the problem you run into when all of the people on the negotiating team are topped out, retired, or dont give two craps about anyone but themselves.

Keep throwing out the party line that we have to be "open minded" and think "long range" not just about ourselves. That crap has been said for years. Now its time to do somethig for the MAJORITY MIDDLE RANGE PAY PEOPLE.....

04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Wrong. The posted top pay does not go up. The current plan says that when you top out, there are no more raises. There are no more COLA's that compound into salary.

For example, example only.......I am not quoting figures. If a deputy hits top pay at say 15 years, he/she is done. the only thing he/she gets is a $600 a year stipend. It does not even compound into the next years salary. So if you max out at 55k the only thing you have to look forward to each year is a bs stipend of $600. So you want to make 55k +600 stipend for years 16-25? That is what you are facing unless you recieve promotion.

If you are promoted and you go into a new scale, you will max out there in approximately 3 years. So lets assume you are promoted in year 15, maxed out as sgt 18.....no raises or cost of living for the next seven years until retirement????????????

You see, it will hit home with you, then it will be changed at some point when everyone is maxed out except the new hires. Then we can all ***** and say, geeeeee,,,it did affect me, i only saw what it was doing to me short term.

If in fact you really believe that the negotiators are not doing what you feel, contact them. Have you voiced your opinion to them? It is very unfair of you to label them when you probably dont even know who is on the team. I know them, and I trust them. I trust their judgement for all of the members. If you do not, discuss it with them. It is not about any one person or class. Its about you, short term and long term.

04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Wrong. The posted top pay does not go up. The current plan says that when you top out, there are no more raises. There are no more COLA's that compound into salary.

For example, example only.......I am not quoting figures. If a deputy hits top pay at say 15 years, he/she is done. the only thing he/she gets is a $600 a year stipend. It does not even compound into the next years salary. So if you max out at 55k the only thing you have to look forward to each year is a bs stipend of $600. So you want to make 55k +600 stipend for years 16-25? That is what you are facing unless you recieve promotion.

this makes it sound as though a deputy with 15 years on would be making more than a deputy with 25...doesn't the pay increase at every step with each COLA raise?

04-13-2007, 02:49 AM
You can thank the great wisdom of our current leader and former leaders for this one. I guarantee the executive staff is getting more than 3 Percent. But dont forget the certain secretary thats making close if not more than 80,000.00.

04-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Okay G-Dog or K-Dog or whatever you go by now. I hoenstly am not that concerned over what, like 10-20 staff that get paid well for executive positions. They get -0- O/T, not details, nothing, staright salary whether they work 20 hours or 160 hours a pay period.

Its the topped out class that takes 500 hours of vacation as pay and 1/2 there sick and theyre topped out working mids at 10% times like 30 or 40 deputies. They are not POOR!!

Lets get the agency to do what it did years ago and give every one .5% raise per year of completed service to help offset the compression disparities. The topped out guys are fighting for themselves as much as I am for this. So leave the "think long term" BS at home.

04-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Ten 69niner your trying to hide under another name again. Plzzzz stay off this site...........

Ten6Niner
04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Nope. I'm not hiding (not sure how you "hide" behind a name when I haven't revealed my identity under any name).

Nothing new to throw in my two cents worth about.

It's the same old whining from the same old (and young and in the middle) whiners.

I'll just sit back & enjoy...

Ten6Niner
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Nope, wait I will throw this in to stir the pot a little:

I've been here 6+ years, I have prior experience & I'm making $26.98/hr base pay.

There. That should stir up the folks in the middle and prove their point at the same time.