PDA

View Full Version : How did it get this bad?

03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
How did it get this bad?

The EAB crew are doing a good job, but, all the issues they are facing, should have been addressed by the administration a long time ago. Why is it, that only now, when we are faced with a critical manpower shortage, that the Chief is finally realizing that there is some major problems here at PCPD.
Dropping the retirement contribution 3%, wearing baseball caps, expanding the residency radius, these are all insignificant "bones" that the Chief is throwing at us, he thinks that this will keep us happy. Unless he can come up with some real, significant, changes, quickly, we will continue to lose officers.
The Chief is always quick to blame his administrators and supervisors for poor morale, high turnover, and lack of proactive policing. But is the Chief not ultimately responsible for the managemant of this department?
Now we are faced a manpower shortage, that makes it too dangerous to conduct any proactive policing, add the fact that the calls for service, do not leave any time for proactive activity, all of which adds to the poor morale issue.
Ultimately, the problems that are affecting this department, are management problems, which rest squarely in the opulent corner office.
Remember, the Chief and commisioners do not give a damn about you...the individual officer, they are only concerned about budgets and liability, so take care of each other out there, because until we unionize, nobody else will care about you

03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
so take care of each other out there, because until we unionize, nobody else will care about you

If that's not the truth, and speaking from the heart, I dont know what is!

03-28-2007, 01:48 AM
The Chief is doing a good job. Promotions are coming up. Good supervision is needed big time. He needs a good staff not a bunch of yes guys. Things should get better.

03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
The Chief is doing a good job. Promotions are coming up. Good supervision is needed big time. He needs a good staff not a bunch of yes guys. Things should get better.

To blame everything on the supervisors is an excuse. Chief is responsible for everything that happens to the dept. He has known about many of the issues for years and has done nothing about it. The only reason he is paying attention to it now is he can't afford not to. Someone is going to get hurt and questions are going to be asked by the media and city council.

03-29-2007, 07:33 PM

What promotions are coming up?

03-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I heard a lt. and a captain. Is that right?

03-30-2007, 01:15 AM
are they getting rid of the incompetent Lt and Capt's?

03-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Signe, I realize you are trying to find the silver lining in the cloud hanging over PCPD and applaud you for your efforts. Unfortunately, the cloud largely consists of chief. I have been around him enough to know he is aware of many of the issues facing the officers and has been aware of them for years. His approach to these problems are to 1. wait for it to die down 2. say he will look into it 3. find someone to blame for it being an issue 4. offer something inconsequential to divert attention 5. promote, demote, or reassign someone 6. say he will try to get it passed by the commission.

This was a quote from one of the other posts. Does any of the latest offerings fall into any of the above categories?

05-06-2007, 02:37 AM
I hope everyone is keeping an eye on the the debate over property taxes. If a law is passed banning property tax, it will significantly effect us. If you think our pay, benefits, and manning is in poor shape now, wait until then.

05-06-2007, 02:38 AM
sorry, affect not effect

05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Ok I don't care if anyone knows who I am and I wonder why anyone is worried about someone finding out who they are and what they think. We have low morale because everyone is not getting what they think they should. I am included in that at times. If anyone wants a simple answer to the problems here it is. Don't blame other people for eveything you think is wrong. We are all at fault to some degree. The chief and administration and city council has to let the officers on the street be cops and dtop kissing butt because they have money and influence. If I remember corectly laws apply to everyone and so what if we step on some toes. Stop the nonsense and let us be cops and who cares what the city council thinks is POLITICALLY CORRECT. All the toys and bells and whistles are great but let us be cops and at the very least have a little faith that we know how to do the job and stop the second guessing unless yu want to come do a ride along and see what the real world is like outside of Walden Lakes. Everybody gets the speech when they are hired about the $20.oo job and Doing your job like I hired you to do from the chief. Well when is the city and the administration gonna let us do our job without second gessing every move? This is a great city and a great department but it's time those tha be understand this is not the quiet little place it once was. We have the same problems big cities do and we need to step up and address those problems. A big thing that has to change for all of you, and me included, is instead of *****ing and moaning about what is wrong is while we are saying what is wrong is to come up with ideas and suggestions as to how to correct the problems. Well thats all for now if anyone wants to answer or say anything be big enough to say it to my face or keep your mouth quiet. I was going to say Keep your mouth SHUT but I want to be politically correct.

05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Rookies, They are so cute when they are little. Now go one rookie play with your toys, the grown ups are talking now.....

05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Rookies, They are so cute when they are little. Now go on rookie play with your toys, the grown ups are talking now.....

05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
ur an idiot..thats why no one stays here with ur type of input...

05-18-2007, 11:38 AM
THE ROOKIES ARE ACTUALLY THE ONLY ONES TRYING TO MAKE PCPD A BETTER DEPARTMENT. WE ALL CAN SEE HOW GREAT OF A JOB YOU PEOPLE WITH A BADGE NUMBER UNDER 200 HAVE DONE, OR SHOULD I SAY HAVN'T DONE. WHY DONT YOU OLD TIMERS DO US A FAVOR AND RETIRE ALREADY SO WE CAN MOVE ON, FIX THE DEPARTMENT AND COMPETE WITH OTHER AGENCY'S!! AND ON THAT NOTE ALL YOU YOUNG GUYS WHO WANT TO SEE A CHANGE IN PCPD SOME TIME THIS CENTURY, DO YOURSELFS A FAVOR AND DO NOT VOTE IN THAT EIGHT YEAR DROP, LETTING THESE WASTE OF SPACE OFFICERS STICK AROUND ANY LONGER WILL NOT HELP OUR CAUSE. WE CAN VOTE THAT IN DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THEY ARE GONE IF NEED BE. AND NOW THAT THE WORD "VOTE" HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP A UNION SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA AND I CANT BELIEVE WE KEEP GETTING THE WOOL PULLED UP OVER OUR EYES AND NOT BRINGING THEM IN. WE ARE COPS WE SHOULD SEE SCARE TACTICS, LIES AND EMPTY PROMISES FROM A MILE AWAY, LIKE WE DO EVERY DAY ON THE STREET. THE CITY CAN'T FIGHT US AND THE FIRE DEPARTMENTS UNION OFF FOREVER IF WE JOIN TOGETHER. MORE TO COME...

05-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Most of us are men and can relate to sports. If PCPD was a football team we would have no fans because they would demand a new owner, new GM and some serious trades. Just think about it guys and gals.

05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
OK GUYS AND GALS, THIS IS COMING FROM A ROOKIE TOO. REFERENCE TO THE LAST TWO STATEMENTS. I AGREE, BUT TO AN EXTENT. MOST OF THE OLD TIMERS I BELIEVE TRIED, ATTEMPTED, PUT ON THERE GAME FACE WHEN THEY TRIED TO MAKE CHANGES WITHIN. BUT, LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAD TO WORK WITH..... I BELIEVE THAT BACK THEN THE UPPER HEADS WERE VERY ONE TRACK MINDED. NOW WHEN YOU HAVE A CITY MGR. (S) TELLING THE CHIEF, THIS IS HOW ITS GONNA BE THEN IT ALL ROLLS DOWN HILL. AFTER HEARING THAT SO MANY TIMES, THEN THE OFFICERS GROW ACUSTOM TO GETTING SHOT DOWN ON THOSE ISSUES...WHY WASTE TIME AND ENERGY FIGHTINIG IS THE ATTITUDE OF THE OLD TIMERS. NOW WE HAVE A YOUNG GENERATION OF NEW COPS WITH A FRESH ATTITUDE READY FOR A FIGHT TO MAKE THINGS BETTER AT PCPD. FROM WHAT WE STARTED ALREADY THE UPPER HEADS ARE STARTING TO SEE THE NEED FOR CHANGE. WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS BAD RETENTION, THE CITY IS GROWING "NEED MORE OFFICERS" AND THERE IS OTHER PLACES OF OPPORTUNITY OUT THERE.

JUST LIKE WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SOLVE A CASE AND YOU HAVE THAT PHYSICAL EVIDENCE, NO ONE CAN ARGUE WITH YOU. I BELIEVE THE UPPER HEADS SEE THAT THE PYSICAL EVIDENCE OF WHAT THEY WERE DOING THEN WAS NOT WORKING AND THEY NEED SOME NEW CHANGES AS WE MOVE INTO THE FUTURE. I THINK THIS IS A GREAT DEPARTMENT AND CAN BE THE BEST KEPT SECRET. ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CHANGES, TO MAKE IT A LITTLE BETTER. HOWEVER, I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE WANT MORE OF...$$$$$. GOING TO A UNION WOULD BE GREAT, SO WE CAN STOP THESE VICIOUS CYCLES OF NOT SEEING THE THINGS WE WANT MORE OF. BECAUSE IT'S JUST A MATER OF TIME BEFORE THIS NEW GENERATION WILL GET BURNT OUT OF FIGHTING.

05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Take this from someone who's been here longer than just last week...yes, SOME rookies in this department do tend to be more proactive than the majority of the veteran officers...but unfortunately those of you with so little experience lack insigt, articulation and overall job expertice. This not only affects the quality of service provided to the citizens of PC, but increases civil and criminal liability on the part of the rookie officers. Lucky for those of you serving since yesterday, there are veteran officers, sergeants and SOME lts that do possess job knowledge and expertice that can and often does keep rookies from committing career homicide.

06-11-2007, 06:29 AM
THE PCPD IS SO SAD UNTIL IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTING IT DOES.. SADLY TO D=SAY THE SHERIFF DEPARTMENT NEED TO TAKE OVER. PCPD NEED TO SHAPE UP. HARASSING CITIZENS IN AN UNETHICAL MANNER IS TOTALLY AWLFUL. PLEASE GIVE ME A MOMENT WITH THE CHIEF AND I DO BELIVE, I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. SAM COOPER IS DEAD AND THE DEPARTMENT WENT WILD.

06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
are u an idiot or just play one on t.v.

06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
THE PCPD IS SO SAD UNTIL IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTING IT DOES.. SADLY TO D=SAY THE SHERIFF DEPARTMENT NEED TO TAKE OVER. PCPD NEED TO SHAPE UP. HARASSING CITIZENS IN AN UNETHICAL MANNER IS TOTALLY AWLFUL. PLEASE GIVE ME A MOMENT WITH THE CHIEF AND I DO BELIVE, I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. SAM COOPER IS DEAD AND THE DEPARTMENT WENT WILD.

Please translate in english.

06-14-2007, 12:53 AM
FIRST, IF THE SHERIFF TOOK OVER YOU WOULD GET HORRIBLE SERVICE. THE SHERIFF WOULD NOT RESPOND TO HALF OF WHAT PLANT CITY RESPONDS TO. I USED TO WORK FOR PLANT CITY BUT LEFT OVER FIVE YEARS AGO TO THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. I WILL TELL YOU SIR THAT PLANT CITY RESPONDS TO MORE AND TOLERATES MORE B.S. THEN WE DO AT HCSO. THAT SIR IS A FACT. THE SHERIFF WILL NOT BE TAKING OVER PLANT CITY AS A MATTER OF FACT PLANT CITY IS TAKING MORE AREA FROM THE COUNTY EVERY YEAR EXTENDING IT'S BORDERS. AND IF THEY DID TAKE OVER IT WILL BE THE SAME OFFICERS JUST A DIFFERENT AGENCY. :D

10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
The leo web site is a beautiful tool.Use it to look around at the other departments in Fla.See what is ailing everyone and try not to duplicate their mistakes. A union sounds so wonderful, it will fix everything!!FOP PBA or anything of the sort is only as strong as its members and the people who make up the union are around You already why not work together and come up with a workable solution to Your problems and take that to the table see what happens. But the main thing is work together as a unit,scattered as You guys sound You will easily be controlled and never get anything even as a union because of constant internal bickering...Lots of Luck...with the media and public attacking every move You make You will need it..