PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pumps

03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Whats the deal with these fuel pumps? When will Ford Motor Company fix this problem? I rather stay in my 2002 until it's resolved. Do the 2007's have this problem like the 2006's?

03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
keep the car full as much as possible. This happened to my 2006 during a quick full throttle turn, and it felt like the picup fell of of the fuel pump. if my gas gauge is about 1/3 all is ok...

03-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm on my third fuel pump on my 2004. Though policy says other wise, I put a fuel clearner and enhancer in my fuel tank as directed and I've seen positive results.

07-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm on my third fuel pump on my 2004. Though policy says other wise, I put a fuel clearner and enhancer in my fuel tank as directed and I've seen positive results.

2006 green n white with 16000 got it brand new and just had my 4th fuel pump put in.....doesnt help with our gas pumps getting moister in the tanks every time it rains hard

07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
The problem is not with the gas pumps, it is with Ford Crown Vics. This is the ONLY vehicles having problems. None of the other makes or models the agency uses has this problem. Solution....no more Crown Vics. This will end the problem with the fuel pumps. Also remember the Crown Vic has a tendency to explode when hit in the rear by another car. Another good reason to switch from using this car.

07-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Doesn't FORD mean "Found on road dead" or was it "Fix or repair daily"??

07-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Ford backwards stands for

D Drivers
R Return
O On
F Foot

07-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Ford backwards stands for

D Drivers
R Return
O On
F Foot

Nice

07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
The problem is not with the gas pumps, it is with Ford Crown Vics. This is the ONLY vehicles having problems. None of the other makes or models the agency uses has this problem. Solution....no more Crown Vics. This will end the problem with the fuel pumps. Also remember the Crown Vic has a tendency to explode when hit in the rear by another car. Another good reason to switch from using this car.

and what would be your automobile of choice?

07-30-2007, 01:45 AM

and what would be your automobile of choice?

I have a F-150 and have been through 3 fuel pumps, Mr. Know-it-all. It's our crappy fuel. If you don't want to wait forever for main, 45 Bell Glade Ford, we have a contract there, and they will get you in and out in about an hour. If it's not to far from where you are, it's worth the drive.

07-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Fords The dept. needs to quit buying them. They are junk.

07-30-2007, 02:20 AM
The dept. needs to quit buying them. They are junk. It's not our fuel. No county cars have had problems. Only the junk we buy.

07-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Well you know, I would be happy with an unmarked charger. :lol:

07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
So anybody can bring the green and white to belle glade ford instead of the main motor Pool?

07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
we could catch more burglars and drug dealers and purse snatchers if we drove junkers. so, the list should be :
1984 PLYMOUTH RELIANT---ANY COLOR
1978 GRAND MARQUIS COUPE WITH HUGE DOORS-ANY COLOR
1979 MONTE CARLO- MIDNIGHT BLUE WITH WHITE TOP
1981 DODGE PICKUP -FADED OUT OFF WHITE
1970'S GREMLIN - LIME GREEN
1977 CADI ELDORADO - BRIGHT RED
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
1975 BUICK ROADMASTER - WHITE WITH VINYL TOP
ALL DEPUTIES SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED TO BUY THEIR OWN CARS AND THEIR OWN FUEL AND SUBMIT RECIEPTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT SO THEY COULD GET REIMBURSED ON WHATEVER PAYCHECK THE DEPARTMENT WANTS.
AND, THESE CARS WOULD COME WITH A SMITH-CORONA TYPEWRITER FROM COUNTY SURPLUS INSTEAD OF THOSE LAPTOPS.
ALL TYPEWRITERS WOULD BE INSTALLED BY RADIO SHOP SO WE KNOW IT WOULD BE DONE RIGHT.
DEPUTIES SHOULD WEAR 1970'S AND 1980'S CLOTHES TOO WHICH PURCHASING COULD GET FROM LOCAL THRIFT SHOPS OR GOODWILL.
WE WOULD CATCH WAY MORE CRIMINALS AND IT WOULD SAVE THOUSANDS ON UNIFORMS .

08-01-2007, 02:58 AM
So anybody can bring the green and white to belle glade ford instead of the main motor Pool?

WHEN YOU 45 THEM ASK FOR JESSI. SOMEBODY NEW MY BE IN CHARGE NOW THOUGH. TELL THEM WHAT YOU NEED, LIKE A FUEL PUMP, AND YOU WILL BE IN AND OUT QUICK. THEY WONT SCREW AROUND TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER PROBLEM THEY FIX WHAT YOU NEED. I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH THEM EVERY TIME. GOOD LUCK

08-01-2007, 03:01 AM

JUST 45 AND ASK FOR JESSI. TELL HIM WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND YOU WILL BE OFF LIKE A PROM DRESS SHORTLY. THEY ARE AWESOME.

08-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I've heard good things about Belle Glade Ford ... But

I would miss that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I watch a trustee work on our green and whites, as I secretly wonder if my brake lines are being cut!! :lol:

08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I've heard good things about Belle Glade Ford ... But

I would miss that warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I watch a trustee work on our green and whites, as I secretly wonder if my brake lines are being cut!! :lol:

Belle Glade Ford is great.

08-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Not too long ago brought my G/W to motor pool for what I thought was my A/C compressor. It was screeching like a stuck pig.
About a week later, I get that great phone call from Byron telling me it's ready for pick up (along with his usual goofy joke).

So... I load all my junk back in my car from the loaner.

By the end of the day it's making the same noise. I open the hood and smell what seems to be burning WD-40.

Early the next morning, I took the car to Belle Glade Ford. They brought me right to the front of the line and Guess What? They replaced my A/C Compressor!
Imagine That!!!

They were awesome, they even have a couple older G/W's that we can use to go grab lunch.

Now I tried to bring my car in for a service about 1 month ago. BG Ford said that our motor pool does not like them working on PBSO vehicles and now they are only permitted to work on Belle Glade area G/W's.

I don't see why we have to go to main motor pool when they give such poor service. It took them a week just to spray WD-40 or something like that on my engine. BG Ford fixed the compressor and did a service within 2-3 hours. That place is great!

08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Not too long ago brought my G/W to motor pool for what I thought was my A/C compressor. It was screeching like a stuck pig.
About a week later, I get that great phone call from Byron telling me it's ready for pick up (along with his usual goofy joke).

So... I load all my junk back in my car from the loaner.

By the end of the day it's making the same noise. I open the hood and smell what seems to be burning WD-40.

Early the next morning, I took the car to Belle Glade Ford. They brought me right to the front of the line and Guess What? They replaced my A/C Compressor!
Imagine That!!!

They were awesome, they even have a couple older G/W's that we can use to go grab lunch.

Now I tried to bring my car in for a service about 1 month ago. BG Ford said that our motor pool does not like them working on PBSO vehicles and now they are only permitted to work on Belle Glade area G/W's.

I don't see why we have to go to main motor pool when they give such poor service. It took them a week just to spray WD-40 or something like that on my engine. BG Ford fixed the compressor and did a service within 2-3 hours. That place is great!

I got the same thing from Belle Glade. They always take care of us and now I can't go out there b/c main motor pool is jealous. How much money could we save if we did away with motor pool and outsourced to all the Ford Dealers. I hate to say this, but the savings would be tremendous.

08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
My zone partner new 2007 Crown Vic, 8000 miles: Fuel Pump just died.

08-09-2007, 08:42 PM

If your car is under warranty, you can take it to any Ford dealer for repair. Motorpool will do the same thing, so why give up your car for the extra few days for them to get the car to the dealer and back?

08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Because Motorpool never fixes anything the first time around, Earlier this year I also had a fuel pump problem, and dropped my green/white off. 2 days later I pick it up, and on the way back to work the ' car dies. 10-70 back to motorpool,.... 3 days later, no lie... it dies AGAIN!!!!... I'm not sure what the problem is, and I don't want to talk, but GIVE ME A BREAK!!... I'd rather take my vehicle where the work gets done right, and no prisoners are near my car... sad to say.

08-09-2007, 11:03 PM

BG Ford is only supposed to work on PBSO vehicle assigned to employees who work in the Belle Glade, South Bay & Pahokee areas. BG Ford service writer told me this.

Now with that said...... They have no way of knowing where you are assigned. Read between the lines!

08-10-2007, 01:42 PM

If your car is under warranty, you can take it to any Ford dealer for repair. Motorpool will do the same thing, so why give up your car for the extra few days for them to get the car to the dealer and back?

The bottom line is this. If your car is under Warranty, ANY Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealer will fix it for you. If it is under warranty, motorpool will take your car to a dealer for repair. If you do it yourself, you save the "transfer" time.