PDA

View Full Version : Copies from PCSO board, but a good quick read!

03-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Radio: Keep it short, save your chatter for 3 or 5, save your personal crap for face to face. Your MDT works just as well, tell the dispatcher what you did on it, cuz we dont care.

* ok, really doesnt apply for us but...* Pursuits: Be realistic, chase whats worth chasing. These traffic pursuits are getting old. If your kids were a block ahead of you would you keep chasing? Dont be stupid and go ruin it for the rest of us.

Neighborhoods: Just because youre in what you think is a bad neighborhood doesnt mean it is. Stop being so dam afraid of them and acting like its a DMZ.

* Really applies here!* Buddies and AID: Don't go out of your way to rat your buddies out. It may get you ahead a little bit, but you still be a rat. HOWEVER, don;t be so stupid as to lie for anyone. If someone else screwed up, let it be their problem, not yours.

Courtesy: Dont go out of your way to write cops, paramedics, doctors, nurses, or fireman. Some will ask for it, thats on you. But we all have discretion and it should apply to us as well. WAVE! It wouldnt kill you to wave at cops and firefighters as they pass by, weve done it for decades until lately.

Calls: Handle your call your way. Let me handle my call my way. If it aint your call be B/U and STFU. Dont stir someone elses pot unless they ask for you to.