PDA

View Full Version : If you know something...

JulieAnna
03-21-2007, 04:54 AM
If someone who is a juvenile and lives in a different state tells you on instant messages that their father hits them and that they cut, am I required to report it even though I am not certified but work for the CCSO?

03-21-2007, 03:11 PM
You are not required by law to report it but there is nothing wrong with calling the local law enforcement agency where the juvenile lives and reporting the domestic vilolence, especially if the information is fresh and the possibilities of injury exists. We receive calls like this all the time and dispatch deputies to investigate.

You can also tell your juvenile friend to advise the school resource deputy / officer about the problem and they will investigate it further. The law requires police to investigate and document reports of domestic violence no matter who or where the reporter lives.

I see that you tried to obtain this information last night so I am not sure if anyone IM you back to answer your question. If this happens again in the future you can also call dispatch on the non-emergency number and ask them your question. They will most likely have a deputy working in the room or will send the message to one and get a quick answer for you.

Good luck...

JulieAnna
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually I never did receive an answer last night in regards to this question. There is more to the story than what i wrote. I think I will ask one of the deputies when i go into work today. Thanks for responding though.