PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Registration for ATVs?

03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
In January my son got a citation for a court appearance and the officer listed the ticket as "Operating ATV without a Registration."

As I understand it, there is no vehicle registration for ATVs in Broward County. If that is true, then how do you get a citation for not having something that doesn't exist (Registration for ATV) ?

Anybody have any insight on this one?
:?

03-20-2007, 11:53 PM
You can't get a registration because the ATV cannot be driven on the road in the State of Florida. All motor vehicles driving on the road need a registration. When your son was on the road he was required to have a registration, thats why he got the citation. Its a catch 22 because you can't get a registration but your required to have one. Moral to the story is only drive your ATV on private property.

03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
go to court with your son and make sure he says he learned his lesson to the judge or magistrate. He might have to write a paper or something but chances are the case will get dismissed without it ever being reflected on his record.

08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
ALL atv's need to be registered within the State of FL ONE time only. they are registered as off road vehicles. This is a one time thing. Bring a bill of sale with ya to the DMV and recieve a sticker. Place it visible on the bike. I have been through this process.

hope it helps

:D

03-22-2008, 05:21 PM
why