PDA

View Full Version : CSA's Working Permits

03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Can someone please answer me why CSA's are working permits and making the same as Deputies???

As if it wasn't hard enought to get details, Now NON-sworn CSA's are not only working our permits but they are winning the permit Lottery. Does that make any sense to anyone. I find it ridiculous please tell me I'm not alone. I've brought it to the PBA but if you feel the same talk about it.

Thanks

03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I brought up the same questions to a PBA rep that I saw on a scene the other day.
He said was just told about this by a D-4 deputy and that according to policy GO 214.00
They can sign up and work permits as is sits right now.
He did say that they plan on meeting with the sheriff this week to see about getting the policy changed.
Once they get an answer he would let me know.

03-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Also I forgot before I got some reply from Mr Magoo
The policy is from 2005!!!!
Done by Rev Ed….

03-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Did anyone ever think that the CSA can notify the details should they are over paying D/S to work "traffic" details when they can pay less for a CSA. Dont open a can of worms when it can backfire on all of us big mouth!

03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
WOW...You have officially incited them to take on the cause of letting the cat out of the bag and inform permits they are over spending on D/S. Other agencies only allow CSAs to work "traffic" just for this reason. Why did you have to go and rain on their parade about the pay. You very well might get an adverse reaction because of this. I wouldnt be suprised if they ban D/S from signing up on certain traffic posts and only alot them for CSAs.

03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Did anyone ever think that the CSA can notify the details should they are over paying D/S to work "traffic" details when they can pay less for a CSA. Dont open a can of worms when it can backfire on all of us big mouth!

That's what we have a contract for!!!!

03-21-2007, 04:55 PM

Exactly wrong, we have a contract that says what the hourly rate will be paid and if the permit wanted to really save money they would hire security guards. They want Deputies, plan and simple, that's what they should get. If a CSA is directing traffic and someone disobey's their order what do they do? Or for that matter, If your directly traffic and get hit by a speeding car what is the CSA going to do for you since that's your 94 that day.

03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
If you got hit by that speeding car, they would do that accident report for you and probably, no not probably, do a better job than your 94 D/S. And it seems not to be a porblem when you want them to direct traffic for you in an intersection during a normal shift, and someone there can disobey them. In other words your agument is really poor.

03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
If you got hit by that speeding car, they would do that accident report for you and probably, no not probably, do a better job than your 94 D/S. And it seems not to be a porblem when you want them to direct traffic for you in an intersection during a normal shift, and someone there can disobey them. In other words your agument is really poor.

You just proved my point, all they can do is an accident report. So when a real incident occurs at the permit what do they do? Plan and simple the permit is paying for Deputies that's what they should get DEPUTIES.

03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Why are you complaining about the lowest paid CSAs working a little harder to support their families when you have over paid brass stealing details (food out of children's mouths) away from D/S. Shouldnt the lower income people be allowed to work to supplement their income a little. Arent the higher ups getting greedy?

fldeputydog
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Why are you complaining about the lowest paid CSAs working a little harder to support their families when you have over paid brass stealing details (food out of children's mouths) away from D/S. Shouldnt the lower income people be allowed to work to supplement their income a little. Arent the higher ups getting greedy?

This is a very good point.

03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Perhaps that slightly more intelligent comment can be brought up to the PBA?

03-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Suddenly Stewy is silent...

03-24-2007, 03:57 PM

I see you can throw names out, well identify yourself, cause I support Stewy and think he's right!

Well lets compare a Lt. working a detail and a CSA working a detail, or better yet lets compare apples to oranges. ONE is a COP and the other is a civilian who is not a bargaining unit member (PBA) who is not going to be able to back you up and can not do any more than a 4 or 72. I don't discredit that they make less money, but I would rather see a LT. that has probably put 20 years in, working a detail to support his retirement that he's earned working hard than a NON-SWORN civilian that is working above their pay grade. If I'm working a detail that hires deputies and is getting CSA's when a Fight call breaks out, I'm going to make the CSA handle the 31 report and make the 10-15. Ooh wait THEY CAN"T. And it happens at Church's and Religious places everyday, just remember the shooting last year at the Temple in Boca!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I just read the previous entries, how come you didn't talk about the issue with security guards. Looks like that was a good point, THEY PAY FOR DEPUTIES!!!

03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
TO THE LAST POST BEFORE THIS ONE!! DE7DEPUTY.....PLEASZZ ARE YOU KIDDING, LIKE A LT. WOULD DO YOUR 31 CASE AND TAKE YOUR 10/15 BECAUSE HE'S YOU 94!!! DID WE NOT LEARN FROM MUSCO THAT HIGHER UPS DON'T ACTUALLY DO WORK AT DETAILS!!! STUPID DEPUTY AND YOU'RE IN DIST/7!! MAKE A BETTER STATEMENT TO HELP DEPUTIES KEEP THEIR TRAFFIC DETAILS!!!!!

03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Well I would respond, but apparently it is not necessary

04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
C.S.A. 's Deserve the same opportunitys as the deputys I work with. The only difference is that there truly smarter then you guys. Big macho deputies are afraid to work a traffic post with a C.S.A. cause he might need 94..Im embarrassed to be a affiliated with such..

04-01-2007, 09:44 PM

I see you can throw names out, well identify yourself, cause I support Stewy and think he's right!

Well lets compare a Lt. working a detail and a CSA working a detail, or better yet lets compare apples to oranges. ONE is a COP and the other is a civilian who is not a bargaining unit member (PBA) who is not going to be able to back you up and can not do any more than a 4 or 72. I don't discredit that they make less money, but I would rather see a LT. that has probably put 20 years in, working a detail to support his retirement that he's earned working hard than a NON-SWORN civilian that is working above their pay grade. If I'm working a detail that hires deputies and is getting CSA's when a Fight call breaks out, I'm going to make the CSA handle the 31 report and make the 10-15. Ooh wait THEY CAN"T. And it happens at Church's and Religious places everyday, just remember the shooting last year at the Temple in Boca!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I just read the previous entries, how come you didn't talk about the issue with security guards. Looks like that was a good point, THEY PAY FOR DEPUTIES!!!
YOUR AN EMBARRASEMENT TO OUR AGENCY...SORRY YOUR AFRAID..TRY DISPATCHING !!!

04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
C.S.A. 's Deserve the same opportunitys as the deputys I work with. The only difference is that there truly smarter then you guys. Big macho deputies are afraid to work a traffic post with a C.S.A. cause he might need 94..Im embarrassed to be a affiliated with such losers..

If your going to insult anyone you might want to check your grammer smart guy. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT they're TRULY SMARTER THAN YOU GUYS.

04-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Looks Like Stewy wasn't so silent....he got his point across to the PBA and CSA's can't work details until after deputies have the opportunity to sign up for them first. I thanked him!!!

04-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Looks Like Stewy wasn't so silent....he got his point across to the PBA and CSA's can't work details until after deputies have the opportunity to sign up for them first. I thanked him!!!

FYI we cant work them at all unless they are the absolute last resort positions ie: south fla fair traffic. Also there were only three CSA's working permits, I dont see how we could have affected you guys. But its a moot point now.

04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I say stewy can stick his details and stop thanking himself for being a whistle blower.

04-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Congrats to the maliscious deputys that ruined the chances for our CSA'S to earn a little extra money. They already make half of what we earn, why not kick them while their already down. :evil:

04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Congrats to the maliscious deputys that ruined the chances for our CSA'S to earn a little extra money. They already make half of what we earn, why not kick them while their already down. :evil:

I agree ! Those csa's were treated unfairly..

04-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Half of what we earn.....show's what you know. They just got a pay raise from pay grade 15 to pay grade 20. Ya I feel real sorry that they can't make the same as Deputies too. They work M-F with weekends and holiday's off. And all they do is S/4 and S/11's. Every other agency CSA's can work delayed calls. If a crime scene investigator can go to a homicide why can't a CSA work a delayed 21. Like someone else wrote, I support anyone of them that want's to be a Deputy. Put simply if I want to make Sgt.'s pay then I'll take the Sgt. test, if a CSA wants to make Deputies Pay then become a Deputy!

04-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Half of what we earn.....show's what you know. They just got a pay raise from pay grade 15 to pay grade 20. Ya I feel real sorry that they can't make the same as Deputies too. They work M-F with weekends and holiday's off. And all they do is S/4 and S/11's. Every other agency CSA's can work delayed calls. If a crime scene investigator can go to a homicide why can't a CSA work a delayed 21. Like someone else wrote, I support anyone of them that want's to be a Deputy. Put simply if I want to make Sgt.'s pay then I'll take the Sgt. test, if a CSA wants to make Deputies Pay then become a Deputy!
I dont think you could pass the psycological yet alone the sgts exam. Your a narrow minded D/S with way too much anger. We all know who you are and quite frankly they could do a better job patrolling the streets then you can writing a response to a thread..

04-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow, look at the deputies from District 7 spouting off here. It is ashame you guys down there only answer domestic disputes and alarms. Maybe we could export some real crime for you guys. That way you would really understand what police work is. Until then, enjoy picking up your snipe signs

04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Like it has been said, arguing would be a moot point. You guys are just a bunch of cry babies.

04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
what else is new?

04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Let's get rid of CSAs. That way there would be no more problems.

04-20-2007, 07:43 PM
No, because you have d/s they will always cause problems..speak for yourself csa's in my dist pull their own weight.

04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
sounds about right to me.

04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
No, because you have d/s they will always cause problems..speak for yourself csa's in my dist pull their own weight.

I agree. CSA's are worthy of recognition down here. I wouldn't want to work the crashes they do.

04-20-2007, 11:56 PM

You must work in District 4 cause the two afternoon shift guys work hard!

04-21-2007, 12:09 AM
No, because you have d/s like you they will always cause problems..speak for yourself csa's in my dist pull their own weight.

You must work in District 4 cause the two afternoon shift guys work hard!

Yea they do!

04-21-2007, 03:22 PM
THANKS PAPA GOLDSTEIN...

05-01-2007, 11:22 PM
well stu-man.... your little man complex paid off. CSA's can no longer work details.. You better hope that they dont beat you up. But then again they would have to call DCF because your about the size of a 10yr old.

05-01-2007, 11:24 PM
well stu-man.... your little man complex paid off. CSA's can no longer work details.. You better hope that they dont beat you up. But then again they would have to call DCF because your about the size of a 10yr old.

05-01-2007, 11:56 PM

Yes it did, and I'll take my church detail check back to the bank. Along with the hundreds of thank you emails I got for standing up for what was right for my fellow DEPUTIES. EEEWWW I look ten years old, G I never heard that one before, if you want to insult me at least come up with something original. What's next....I'm short. Laugh all you want as long as it doesn't effect me paying my mortgage. So man up if you have a pair, you know how to find me!! I'll be the guy working the detail!!!!

05-03-2007, 02:17 PM
You said it yourself, the ONLY reason your complaint is so you could work your church detail Palmetto and Lyons. I personally will be looking out for just that detail and I know a couple of other D/S that will be doing the same just so you dont get it. That is exactly what you deserve.

05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
You said it yourself, the ONLY reason your complaint is so you could work your church detail Palmetto and Lyons. I personally will be looking out for just that detail and I know a couple of other D/S that will be doing the same just so you dont get it. That is exactly what you deserve. And by the way I know the only reason your having such a hard time carring that mortgage is because your girlfriend walked out on your "ten year old arse".

Like I said I'm not hiding my identity so come with it. Oh that's right your scared and have to hide behind the computer. It's obvious you know nothing about me nor my life, except the fact that your jealous, cause I took back what was right fully ours (Deputies). Oooh I'm ten years old, I thought I told you last time to come up with something original. Well I have to get my green uniform ready, working at a church this weekend, so come by and say hello.

05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
You said it yourself, the ONLY reason you *****ed your complaint is so you could work your church detail Palmetto and Lyons. Selfish S.O.B. I personally will be looking out for just that detail and I know a couple of other D/S that will be doing the same just so you dont get it. That is exactly what you deserve. And by the way I know the only reason your having such a hard time carring that mortgage is because your girlfriend walked out on your "ten year old arse".

Oh and I forgot to quote you again, you will personally be looking for just that detail. DID YOU FORGET YOU CAN'T SIGN UP FOR DETAILS!!!!!

....as far as another Deputy signing up for it, I'm ok with that....CAUSE THEIR DEPUTIES and they earned that right.

05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe you CSA's should start supporting Pat O'hara. Cause it sounds like both of you have a nothing case and like to talk trash about people. I'm sorry if you want to be a deputy and work details, then become a deputy, I would support any service unit doing that.

05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
...are you as petty and childish as you seem? I have read this thread and was not going to post, cuz it has nothing to do with me....BUT, when I read the way you talk to others I realized your a snotty li'l thing, ain't cha! Do you act like this all of the time in front of your co-workers? And yes, that does include the CSA's...truthfully I feel as tho you owe them an apology for your attitude, but I have usually found that someone like you will not apologize and nor do you 'see' that you have done anything wrong. So, I am going to leave you with a VERY good piece of advice.... "What goes around, comes around, minimum 10-fold"...choose to take it or not, just trying to give you a little help in the attitude department.

05-03-2007, 10:39 PM
well ... your little paid off. CSA's can no longer work details.. You better hope that they dont beat you up. But then again they would have to call DCF because your about the size of a 10yr old.

Yes it did, and I'll take my church detail check back to the bank. Along with the hundreds of thank you emails I got for standing up for what was right for my fellow DEPUTIES. EEEWWW I look ten years old, G I never heard that one before, if you want to insult me at least come up with something original. What's next....I'm short. Laugh all you want as long as it doesn't effect me paying my mortgage. So man up you know how to find me!! I'll be the guy working the detail!!!!

Of course you don't mean that "LIL'!! :shock: :o :twisted: You know if someone arrived at your detail with some type of aggression directed at you, you'd be on the radio yelling .....[/b]but you'd have to change that because being as short as you are, YOUR STATURE ANYWAY!!! So just say you need 10-94, ! :twisted: :twisted: PS- C-U WHEN I-C-U!!!! :wink: :wink:

05-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe you CSA's should start supporting Pat O'hara. Cause it sounds like both of you have a nothing case and like to talk trash about people. I'm sorry if you want to be a deputy and work details, then become a deputy, I would support any service unit doing that.

Bite your tongue! Pat O'Hara is a joke all everyone including the CSA's no that

05-04-2007, 07:34 PM

Yes it did, and I'll take my church detail check back to the bank. Along with the hundreds of thank you emails I got for standing up for what was right for my fellow DEPUTIES. EEEWWW I look ten years old, G I never heard that one before, if you want to insult me at least come up with something original. What's next....I'm short. Laugh all you want as long as it doesn't effect me paying my mortgage. So man up if you have a pair, you know how to find me!! I'll be the guy working the detail!!!!

Of course you don't mean that "LIL' BIT"!!!! :shock: :o :twisted: You know if someone arrived at your detail with some type of aggression directed at you, you'd be on the radio yelling "10-24, 10-24!!!!!!!".....but you'd have to change that because being as short as you are, Officer Down = 10-24 = YOUR STATURE ANYWAY!!! So just say you need 10-94, YOU SHORT RAT B/A/S/T/A/R/D!!! :twisted: :twisted: PS- C-U WHEN I-C-U!!!! :wink: :wink:

WOW.....you certainly are a wizard with your words. To all reading this post, I have never hid my intentions about the fact that something wasn't right. CSA's were working details and getting paid the same as Deputies. I felt that wasn't right, since we all know how hard it is to get details after the merger's. But call me a whistler blower all you want, I wasn't the CSA calling the permit's office having them change the detail description so I could sneak in and work it behind the deputies back. But hey Marie call me ten years old, or short, that really hurts my feelings.....Boo Hoo, I'll be laughing every Saturday afternoon or Sunday Morning in Boca. I'm done with your mindless waste of time so go cry to someone else.

05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
...are you as petty and childish as you seem? I have read this thread and was not going to post, cuz it has nothing to do with me....BUT, when I read the way you talk to others I realized your a snotty li'l thing, ain't cha! Do you act like this all of the time in front of your co-workers? And yes, that does include the CSA's...truthfully I feel as tho you owe them an apology for your attitude, but I have usually found that someone like you will not apologize and nor do you 'see' that you have done anything wrong. So, I am going to leave you with a VERY good piece of advice.... "What goes around, comes around, minimum 10-fold"...choose to take it or not, just trying to give you a little help in the attitude department.

To the author, you obviously have nothing to do with the topic at hand since you said yourself it does not effect you. But I would like to offer you this, to any CSA that I may have offended in any way I would gladly offer an apology for taking something away from them. One of my friends is a CSA, a hard worker and a great guy, him and I have had many conversations about this topic. We both agree that it was Business and that's all. Something wasn't right and it was brought up. I've stated several times that I would support any CSA becoming a deputy if they want to make and EARN Deputies PAY. I have not posted anything insulting or derogitory about anyone. I have only responded to the nasty things people are saying about me and have offered anyone with a problem to be a man or woman of character and confront me like a person instead of hiding behind a computer screen. Listen the topic spoke for itself and obviously I was right cause the PBA and the SO fixed the problem. I can't apologize if people took it personal, it was just business. If there is any other problem, please feel free to contact me, I'm not hiding my feelings.

05-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Stu-man.... there is a saying that my Mother used to tell us when we were kids... "It is not always what you have to say, but the tone in which you say it" that is what makes many take offense to you...you come off sounding like a jerk. Try tempering how you speak to people, you may get a bit more respect from others.... you get what you give!! Others may not have taken so much offense to what you had to say, or feel, about this subject but you came off as an a**hole about it. That is why I said I felt you owed others an apology. I already told you about 'what goes around, comes around....'

Amazed
05-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Well it's amazing that we have to care about some CSA's working a traffic detail. Why on earth would you need 94 on a traffic detail? I take it since you have never worked in a real District that you have not been able to take an authoritative role in your career. If you want to complain about money then let's talk about Deputies in 4 and 7 making what Deputies make in 1 and 3. 4 and 7 combined do not take the calls that either 1 or 3 take and they are not all alarms. So quit whining and let others whether certified or not make some money. When you have actually been here a while you wont need the details. Grow up.....