PDA

View Full Version : ?????

03-18-2007, 10:26 AM
What exactly do your agency do in terms of police work?♦♦

03-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Well I will walk into this trap very gingerly ... My guess is you don't really want to hear the answer just beat up on us because of the "Environmental" label. But, here it goes...

Our primary mission is to be police officers in our state parks and land. We have the same statewide jurisdiction that FHP and FDLE have. We handle all calls for service in the state parks and land. This can be anything from a parking ticket, to a theft, to a homicide (God forbid). We also assist other agencies and are a part of the state law enforcement network that responds to statewide emergencies.

We also have an investigative component that basically does what the city and county agencies don't have time to investigate: Environmental crimes. They also have the same jurisdictional authority that the Park Police have.

Disclaimer: This answer has not been posted to open up the door to criticism; if you just want to slam us please do it in another forum. And sorry to sound so cynical, if you really are interested in our agency, but unfortunately we get a lot of people on this site who choose to slam us because of the "Environmental" label. We are just regular cops with the same goals as all cops. Almost all of the officers in this agency started their career in "traditional" LE roles and have moved to DEP. This is a great agency and with new leadership gets better everyday.

03-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Now please, PLEASE, SEND THIS TO YOUR CAPTAIN, THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SENT TO YOUR CAPTAIN. opps sory for the caps but I got a little over heated :oops: :twisted:

03-22-2007, 04:04 AM
That particular captain is one of those who DID NOT START IN A TRADITIONAL LE role. Need I say more? :?

03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Agreed but do it on another forum, this one is for someone asking aobut our job. Great agency to work for . Four wheelers,boats, bicyles,four wheel drive vehicles.
We DO NOT handle homicides Ill keep that simple. We will assit the Sheriff's Offices in Florida we do not have those resources and nor should we try. I left that work at the county and will gladly help out if needed

Seriously where else can you come to work read the paper, drive around make contacts, do traffic stops, arrest people ride a bike stay in shape and still be in a beautiful enviornment. I wish it paid more but its a great department

03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
Agreed but do it on another forum, this one is for someone asking aobut our job. Great agency to work for . Four wheelers,boats, bicyles,four wheel drive vehicles.
We DO NOT handle homicides Ill keep that simple. We will assit the Sheriff's Offices in Florida we do not have those resources and nor should we try. I left that work at the county and will gladly help out if needed

Seriously where else can you come to work read the paper, drive around make contacts, do traffic stops, arrest people ride a bike stay in shape and still be in a beautiful enviornment. I wish it paid more but its a great department

If there are any psychiatrists on this site can you please provide me with the definition of someone who has a rebuttal for EVERYTHING; disagrees with everyone and his/her way in the only way?

If you are dispatched to a park where there has been a homicide, you are the first one on the scene and the suspect is still there are you going to go ride your bike or secure the suspect? Granted, I'm not referring to the investigation, but you might have to "handle" the situation presented to you. Police not rangers, we are trying to get some respect in the law enforcement community. Your comments again knock us back down to park security guards. The job is great, no doubt, but when called upon most of us will step up to the plate, even if we do have to defer to outside agencies that have the resources just like many other departments.

Damn these "I HAVE A REBUTTAL FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID" types drive me nuts!!! :roll:

P.S. When you find the psychiatrist I need a session to vent ... BAD!

03-23-2007, 04:24 AM

If there are any psychiatrists on this site can you please provide me with the definition of someone who has a rebuttal for EVERYTHING; disagrees with everyone and his/her way in the only way?

If you are dispatched to a park where there has been a homicide, you are the first one on the scene and the suspect is still there are you going to go ride your bike or secure the suspect? Granted, I'm not referring to the investigation, but you might have to "handle" the situation presented to you. Police not rangers, we are trying to get some respect in the law enforcement community. Your comments again knock us back down to park security guards. The job is great, no doubt, but when called upon most of us will step up to the plate, even if we do have to defer to outside agencies that have the resources just like many other departments.

darn these "I HAVE A REBUTTAL FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID" types drive me nuts!!! :roll:

P.S. When you find the psychiatrist I need a session to vent ... BAD!

:roll: :cop: :oops:

03-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Sorry guys out of 18 years on the job I can remember one time I pulled up on a homicide and that ended differently. Only one of us went home but anyway I think you understand my point. I am knocking anyone back to security guard status. I know who we are but Im just be realistic. Get past the small stuff and look at the job overall, great place to work..