PDA

View Full Version : Overtime

03-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Good evening! I'm a leo in FL and was looking at CCSO. How available is the overtime/details? What kind of details do you all get? Is the overtime rate time and a half? I work overtime to make extra money. Is there a lot of overtime available?

Also how are the computers in the cruisers? My last department had a great new system in the cruisers, maps loaded in, voice activated etc. Are there printers and ticket printers in the cruisers?

As for the uniforms. Are long sleeve shirts mandatory during the winter months? Do you Deputy's wear covers?

Thanks in advance for the feedback. It sounds like a solid department. Stay safe everyone.

04-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Good evening! I'm a leo in FL and was looking at CCSO. How available is the overtime/details? What kind of details do you all get? Is the overtime rate time and a half? I work overtime to make extra money. Is there a lot of overtime available?

Also how are the computers in the cruisers? My last department had a great new system in the cruisers, maps loaded in, voice activated etc. Are there printers and ticket printers in the cruisers?

As for the uniforms. Are long sleeve shirts mandatory during the winter months? Do you Deputy's wear covers?

Thanks in advance for the feedback. It sounds like a solid department. Stay safe everyone.
If you're dual certified, as in c.o. also, there is jail o.t.. That however is alledgedly drying up. That o.t., and any earned for court, late report taken, etc., is time and a halph.
Special details are available, you sign up, they put you on a list, and then you get what they assign you. Examples of special detail are like directing traffic out of a church, or security at night at the cinema. I "believe" the special detail rate is fixed around 30 to 35 bucks an hour.
Computers are good. They work a lot better since they put in the new air cards, in my opinion. Map programs, recieve/clear calls, do you reports, run tags and stuff. The usual. Some of the newer ones talk to you when running tags, etc.. They started installing ticket writers, I'm old fashion and haven't even plugged mine in. They seem to like them though. I haven't seen a whole lot of printers. Still have to go to the sub and print things out, which is fine by me.
Long sleeves are only mandatory for court and special occassions. Covers are not required, but they do issue you one. I don't even know where mine is. I think it's wedged in around my spare tire somewhere. Hope this helps.

04-20-2007, 06:57 PM
As far as the cover (hats) they no longer issue them. As far as the voice activated, built in Hoop-la, you don't need all of that to do police work. CCSO is looking for people with common sense and street smarts. The last kind of people we need is someone that relies on an automated map system/GPS/Robots to do the job.

CCSO has some of the best technology around and has even gone overboard with some of it. If you are looking for an agency with more than efficient equipment to get the job done, than CCSO is the place for you. I would suggest doing a ride-a-long or two to see what you think. Also, look at house prices and the cost of living before jumping into a market area you may or may not be able to survive with.

04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Simple-
why didn't you stick with the grouprelations log-in? Your typos have been consistant with one word in particular "halph." It doesn't take CID to figure out somple and group are one in the same. Wow, this is the largest solve I have had in years. Time to be promoted to CID LT.

04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Uh, that's "simple", not "somple".

04-24-2007, 01:03 AM
How available are the overtime details? I like to typically get 10-15 hours of OT/week.

Thanks

04-24-2007, 04:42 PM
There are always details available if you are not selective about which details you want to work. Some details never get filled and someone always drops a detail due to scheduling conflicts. Just view the OT site daily and you can work as much as you want...generally. Around the holidays it does get a little more challenging. Everyone wants the extra cash.