PDA

View Full Version : trooper arrested

03-15-2007, 03:55 AM
FHP trooper resigns after charges of beating pregnant wife

ASSOCIATED PRESS

FORT PIERCE -- A Florida Highway Patrol trooper resigned as he was being arrested for allegedly beating his pregnant wife, authorities said.

Kevin Kane, 39, grabbed his wife's arms and then threw her to the floor and grabbed her in a headlock, an arrest report said. She yelled to their 8-year-old son and asked him to call 911.

The wife, who is seven months' pregnant, told police the couple began to argue Sunday after she confronted him about contacting his ex-wife.

Kane's wife said he abused her once before, and he told her police wouldn't believe her because he works in law enforcement, the report said.

An FHP sergeant went to the house as police arrested Kane. The sergeant took Kane's equipment, including his gun. FHP spokesman Maj. Ernesto Duarte said Kane resigned at the scene.

"He was very aware the agency has a zero-tolerance policy against domestic violence," Duarte said.

Kane was charged with aggravated battery. He was released Monday from the St. Lucie County Jail on a $2,500 bond.

Been There, Done That
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Kane is no stranger to domectis calls. When he worked in Belle Glade, he knocked up another Trooper and the 2 of them were always into it. He transfered to Ft. Pierce to try to get away from the problem. Evidently, its a charachter flaw of his.
He was otherwise a god guy as far as I remember. I hope he fares well after its all over.

03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
His bond is one month of net FHP pay.... :roll:

11-06-2007, 07:39 AM
ALL OF THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED

11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Wasn't the Trooper that strangled a woman to death from the Fort Pierce District? Is there something wrong with the water there?

11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
heck, troopers in the Pasco district slap their wifes around and then the kids. they get put on the porch, don't resign, and then get to come back without any dicipline. Heck, he still gets to be on the same squad, same shift, DUI that is. I thought dicipline was supposed to be swift and consistent?

11-07-2007, 03:23 AM
:?

01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
:wink:

01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
that's right, I slapped that ^&%&*#$ around and pasco sheriffs office did nothing, except arrest me. you can even look up my booking photo on the web. What did FHP do? put me on the porch for about a month or so (with pay) and did nothing. got my pay back, job back, same squad, not even suspended w/out pay for anything. I LOVE THIS AGENCY. Heck I even made the FHP website in the last month for my proactive enforcement activities. I love me.

p.s. Who am I?

01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
That Trooper was not charged by the State Attorneys office all charges were dropped and the SA handling the case even said after reviewing the 911 tapes it was obvious that the female party was the aggressor in that situation. It was in Fact the trooper that gave the child the address while he was on the phone with 911 and he only restrained her to prevent her from hitting him and possibly hurting herself. Yes he did resign at the time of the incident only to save the patrol from being dragged through the media. Dont know to many people that like the patrol that much. ]
FYI they are back together and doing well from what I hear.
He tried to undo is resignation but the patrol would not take him back even after being completly cleared of the alegations against him. Maybe its better for him hear he is going to work for an SO he'll probably get paid better now.

Fellow Trooper
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
My wife beats me. AND I LOVE IT! :lol:

01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Me Too, I got beat lastnight too, I loved it and the patrol did nothing as usual.

01-20-2008, 02:50 AM
that's right, I slapped that ^&%&*#$ around and pasco sheriffs office did nothing, except arrest me. you can even look up my booking photo on the web. What did FHP do? put me on the porch for about a month or so (with pay) and did nothing. got my pay back, job back, same squad, not even suspended w/out pay for anything. I LOVE THIS AGENCY. Heck I even made the FHP website in the last month for my proactive enforcement activities. I love me.

p.s. Who am I?

Wrong county . . . .

01-20-2008, 05:24 AM
did someone say the beatings will continue? Excellent, Atleast its an easy case for the simple minded BOI to complete. Spousal abuse: shotty initial investigation, take stuff away, put trooper on porch, null pross, (she deserved it anyway), give stuff back, no suspension, put right back on same shift, oh and on the internet being given props for something good lately. Did I miss anything? Nice job Pasco.

01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
did someone say the beatings will continue? Excellent, Atleast its an easy case for the simple minded BOI to complete. Spousal abuse: shotty initial investigation, take stuff away, put trooper on porch, null pross, (she deserved it anyway), give stuff back, no suspension, put right back on same shift, oh and on the internet being given props for something good lately. Did I miss anything? Nice job Pasco.

You missed the county . . . . it did not happen in Pasco :roll:

01-21-2008, 04:19 PM
my bad, hernando?

01-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Please, Please don't make me post the actual booking photo. But if necessary, I will?

do you want to see either? or both?

academy photo , and arrest booking photo, or both?

hey, just here to help.....

01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
it's amazing what the patrol COVERS UP......