PDA

View Full Version : mso training

03-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Is it me or is there something very wrong with how many people are not making it through the training? Is it the "new" program or the trainers themselves? Something has got to change. At the current rate we are moving we wont have a new radio person till the end of the year.

03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe it's because your training is what it should be and it weeds out the crap. The agency I am employed at has somehow developed a new training method. They are calling it "casual training" ...which they came up with cause we have no one who wants to work radio..and we are so short. So they take a call taker .. let her choose her own days off, her own break times and basically what she does or does not want to listen to. While in this 'casual training' time she continously text's friends on her cell, watches TV, pulls up internet pages to view... all the while being supported by a supervisor that she drinks with. Sorry... I think it's total bullshit... supposedly the reason for this is that she is not going to be a dispatcher..but a relief dispatcher, when we are short. OHHHHHHH I get it, so she doesn't need to take it quite so seriously and she's doing us a favor.... TELL THAT TO THE OFFICER THAT GETS HURT AS A RESULT OF HER 'CASUAL TRAINING' OR LACK THEREOF. :oops:

03-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it me or is there something very wrong with how many people are not making it through the training? Is it the "new" program or the trainers themselves? Something has got to change. At the current rate we are moving we wont have a new radio person till the end of the year.

OPEN UR EYES.....it has nothing to do with the trainers, or the new way of training, its the TRAINEES the trainers are doing everything they should to help these trainees but for whatever reason, the trainees place blame on others rather then themselves when they do something wrong.

03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
yeah, just look at the last couple trainees that didn't make it...thank god they didn't, I can just see them getting someone hurt! For whatever reason, the quality of people MSO has been hiring lately has dropped through the floor. Plus, this train on northside then move to westside, etc. is crap - if these people can't make it through like the fully trained dispatchers, then they don't deserve the job!

03-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Temp agency hiring is rarely successful.

04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
wwwoooowwww....I haven't been to this site in quite some time, yet I still see the petty unprofessional bullshit is still going on. You cant be adults and just leave the crap at home, you have to air it on the internet for everyone and anyone to see to show how unprofessional our agency can be. I am sure the person who is texting is not the ONLY person in the entire comm center who text messages people, and someone who doesnt text can just as easily get distracted by something and get a deputy injured, so dont think too highly of yourselves. We are all adults and we all have to work together, and even the employees who dont work directly with dispatch get affected by your immature highschool bull, so stop making the work environment that much more stressful when it is completely unneccesary. Two words which an adult should not have to hear....grow up!!

04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
To read posts and realize that the agency I work for is in the same 'boat' as several other agencies is amazing. Especially when it comes to training. I'm a 12 year veteran for another agency, and wonder what went wrong with some our current trainees. I think there's this hiring spree that goes on and HR hires people who don't want to work in communications, or were turned down for the original position they put in for so are only 'doing their time' before transfering, and of course, those that are only there for a pay check. When I started (way back when we practically dispatched on stone pads and used morse code) you had to work the shift they assigned, and if you didn't make it, you were 'let go.' Things are so P.C. now .. people are put on certain shifts because of 'personal matters,' given extensions if they are not 'getting it' (even though you know deep down they don't want to do the job), and after 3 months of hair pulling training are allowed to transfer out of the division while people who have put in their time have to wait 6 months before leaving. Our training program is almost perfect (after all, there is nothing perfect in communications) but I think that there are those few bad apples and as a trainer, you get tired of sipping rancid apple cider.

04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I really wish we could get some new dispatchers because the attitude that can be heard over the radio from the current crew really sucks. If you really hate doing your job that much then move on.

04-13-2007, 12:23 AM
I really wish we could get some new dispatchers because the attitude that can be heard over the radio from the current crew really sucks. If you really hate doing your job that much then move on.

I'm going to assume your on the other end, it's a 2 way street IMO, i don't know how many times a shift i find myself saying the same thing to the LEO's on the road... if its not the laziness, its the attitude giving them a call, like i am punishing them..
Also keep in mind, while your calling for your t27 t29p, im also handling about 10 other officers requests..(im only speaking for my agency, as dispatchers ive got my CAD, the Phones, Call taking, NCIC/FCIC, as well as the radio, then the stress... lol so come on gimme a break if every now and then i sound a bit stressed

Point being, I guess there's the bad apples in every group..Maybe if both sides were a bit more understanding and professional to each other, we may just come out ahead