PDA

View Full Version : MAKING A CHANGE

03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I AM THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO THE CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA AND I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE SEMINOLE COUNTY AND ORANGE SHERIFF DEPT. I AM CURRENTY A DEPUTY IN SOUTH FLORIDA WITH 5 YRS EXPERIENCE.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ( PRO/ CON) ON BOTH AGENCIES SUCH AS: PAY, BENEFIT, DETAILS, TAKE HOME CAR, SHIFTS, ETC.

THANKS

03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
this is a great agency (Orange County SO) I left South Florida last year and don't regret it. I had 11 years with that agency. You won't regret it. Make sure you can handle the pay cut though. Goto www.ocso.com (http://www.ocso.com) for most information you need.

04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Is the cost of living cheaper in that county? Also how's the ability to work overtime details?

05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
YEAH I'M ABLE TO BOUNCE IN 3 YEARS ALSO THINKING BOUT ORANGE COUNTY......... THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON MY VERY SHORT LIST ARE THEY , WELL DANG I KNOW THEY WILL BE HIRING SO I'M JUST GETTING MY RESUME IN ORDER. HOW DO THEY MANAGE THIER TAKE HOME CAR PROGRAM,,,,,,,,,,, WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTION IE; COUNTY WIDE CERTAIN MILES FROM THE COUNTY???? REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO JIONING THAT TEAM

06-04-2007, 05:08 AM
The take home program is a little slow only due to changing of the fleet. You can take the car home with deductions within 10 miles of the county line ( I believe). Either way you look at it is doesn't pay as much as South Florida, but worth the move. The pay will come up eventually (I hope)

06-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm thinking about taking off as well. What I need to know is a good area to buy a home. My bravo just got promoted and being transfered to Orlando. I know its got a pretty bad area, but I need something good for a nice house and good schools.
Any ideas? Please not as expensive as down here.

RedDog
06-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Have Oscar from K9 give you my number and I can help you on your move. He'll know my screen name. I moved to Eustis. More bang for your buck there. I just moved up here a year ago from South Florida. This agency is a great place to work and you won't be disappointed. If he doesn't know my screen name, tell him I used to be in K9 for the City of Miami.

RedDog

06-15-2007, 03:22 AM
QSL

06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
You can also look into another state. I moved to TX and its like I am living in Cooper City with low cost of living.

GOOD LUCK

07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Take home is 20 miles from the county line (as the crow flies). Opens up the east coast, all of Seminole & lake, plus most of Ocseola, some of Brevard, Polk and Volusia.