PDA

View Full Version : enforcement operation

03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I have a question about the enforcement operations directed at intersection blocking. Is this a regular operation you guys run?

A friend of mine asked me about it the other day. Seems he pulled up to a green light intending on turning at the intersection. He saw several officers standing on or near the corner (which must have been making observations of infractions) and thought it was some sort of criminal investigation or possibly a traffic accident with the officers monitoring traffic flow. He turned but his tail end blocked some portion of the oncoming traffic lanes. He was directed to a nearby parking lot and issued a citation.

It seems a little odd to me and thought I would simply ask the question.
Anyone care to comment constructively?

Thanks,

Pinellas County LEO

03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
This is BPD and its a Joke

03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I agree.........total waste of manpower.

03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
well i have seen cars daily wait 4 to 6 light changes with out moving ...... the vehicles turning left often run the red light or pull out knowing there is a big sign that says "no blocking intersection" this intersection is a daily problem that never changes we get call after call about vehicles blocking and people complain when we take enforcement............. honestly i have no clue how to fix this problem and nobody is happy either way ...........BPD LEO........