PDA

View Full Version : Authorities say 92-year-old Manatee man was beaten, robbed

03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I believe this is an all time low for thugs in Manatee County. This county is a cess pool of nothingness. Same thing over and over.

BRADENTON -- A thief stole a 92-year-old man's car after beating and robbing him Saturday in his trailer at El Rancho Village, authorities said.

Neighbors of the victim, Glenn Billups, said a man and a woman first asked to use the telephone at about 11 a.m. Once inside the mobile home, Billups was pepper-sprayed and beaten.

The thieves, who drove in a van to Billups' trailer in the 500 block of 44th Avenue East, stole money and the victim's green Chevy Cavalier convertible. Authorities said the robbery appears to be random.

Billups was injured in the attack; paramedics took him to Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton, where he remained Saturday afternoon.

Manatee County sheriff's Lt. Dennis Cunningham said the victim's injuries were not life-threatening. "Due to his age, we consider this a heinous crime," Cunningham said Saturday.

Authorities were searching for the Cavalier late Saturday. A crime scene investigator snapped pictures of the victim's mobile home.

Neighbors said they were shocked at the crime and urged residents of the park, open to those 55 years and up, to not answer the door to strangers. El Rancho Village is about a mile from DeSoto Square Mall.

03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
When is this Sheriff going to sack up and start letting some progressive Law Enforcement loose in this County?? I cant wait to have some gang banging Jack off attempt to make me a statistic! I will be calling 911 alright, so the zone Deputy can come scrape this bullet holed piece of S.hit off of my front yard!! This place has become a God Damn War Zone.Thank God for the Second Ammendment

03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
You can thank our great SAO's for declining to file on most of the cases they get. And the ones that do make it to court, the judges will give some BS sentence. This county has become a real shizit hole. Just drive around anywhere and look around the shizitbags that are all around you waiting for a free handout or an opportunity.........

03-13-2007, 02:25 AM
How about the suspect who just got released on bond and that night is the suspect in a shooting. I heard deputies were trying everything possible to get him held. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Rumor has it their is a big resignation announcement of the top dog happening at today's civic center supervisor's meeting..??hmmmm

03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
rumors are 10-30 lol