PDA

View Full Version : Hiring?

03-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Is PCPD currently hiring experienced Leo's? How many slots are there?

03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
PCPD has over 10 openings at this time and they have been hiring experienced leos

03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Is the pay scale based on experience? Thanks

03-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Is Plant city hiring? If I get hired with 8 years experience, where would my salary start? Thanks

03-18-2007, 01:10 AM
In answer to your question - yes PCPD is actively hiring. Everyone pretty much starts the same regardless of past experience. I don't have the exact figure - it should be on the website but it is around the $38,000 mark. Be aware we are in negotiations now to hopefully get a decent raise this year to bump that up. If money is your only concern then yes, other agencies do sometimes pay more for experience, but this agency has great opportunities as far as a long term career path. If your truly interested, contact the Department and ask to speak to our recruiter and she will be happy to answer any and all questions you have about the Department.

03-18-2007, 03:48 PM
we have a recruiter????

03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
just a made up posistion so he can try, once again, to squash the union with half hearted 11th hour things that will make us happy.

03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
IT WAS PROBABLY THE CHIEF THAT POSTED THAT QUESTION ANYWAY. HE'S THINKING THAT U GUYS WILL THINK THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE TRYING TO APPLY, AND IF THERE WAS WOULD HE EVEN HIRE THEM. IM SURE THAT WITH 8 YEARS OF EXP. HE WILL NOT FIT INTO THE CHIEFS MOLD.

03-22-2007, 02:14 PM
If you are an experienced and knowledgeable leo with nothing negative in your past, you have a good chance of being hired. Just don't expect to get one of the specialty positions such as SIU while you are here. Those positions usually go to someone with little prior leo experience and have been on the dept a minimum amount of time. It's not all bad though, after approx 2 yrs, Chief gets rid of everyone in the units and gets all new rookies. In this way, we have one of the best training programs for other police departments in the state. Other agencies love to hire our officers since they typically only have 2-5 years as leos and have already been patrol officers and investigators.