PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Rutherford

03-12-2007, 03:10 AM
I was told that Sheriff Rutherford was going to change JSO back to a traditional Sheriff's office with green uniforms and stars. Is there any truth to this? How are things up there? I hear lots of good things, I just wish you'll would get nicer cruisers b/c the current cars look like taxi cabs.

03-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I was told that Sheriff Rutherford was going to change JSO back to a traditional Sheriff's office with green uniforms and stars. Is there any truth to this? How are things up there? I hear lots of good things, I just wish you'll would get nicer cruisers b/c the current cars look like taxi cabs.

Does anyone from JSO ever post here???

03-17-2007, 02:21 AM
They are still trying to figure out if they are a S.O. or a P.D. :lol:

07-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Rutherford isn't going to change the uniforms any time soon. His a$$ will be out of there in 4-years anyway.

Our cars do look like cabs... We have the worst fleet maintenance in the world. It takes weeks to even get on the list to get the freaking oil changed. We are going to all Chevy (probably screwing someone at the Garber Chevy dealer) for everything. The impalas are horrible, and I for one can not see very well out of them, especially the Traffic Units with the interior lightbars.

Justice for All
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Rutherford isn't going to change the uniforms any time soon. His a$$ will be out of there in 4-years anyway.

Our cars do look like cabs... We have the worst fleet maintenance in the world. It takes weeks to even get on the list to get the freaking oil changed. We are going to all Chevy (probably screwing someone at the Garber Chevy dealer) for everything. The impalas are horrible, and I for one can not see very well out of them, especially the Traffic Units with the interior lightbars.

I'm sorry to hear that. JSO should be the best paid in the state since they deal with more than anyone else. I haven't seen a change in cars as to their decals in 10 years. It's time for a change, JSO is wealthy city/agency. What kind of changes would you like to see?

07-19-2007, 03:56 AM
They are still trying to figure out if they are a S.O. or a P.D. :lol:

The City of Jacksonville and Duval County became the consolidated City of Jacksonville in 1968. They are both. :)

07-24-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. JSO should be the best paid in the state since they deal with more than anyone else. I haven't seen a change in cars as to their decals in 10 years. It's time for a change, JSO is wealthy city/agency. What kind of changes would you like to see?

Well, since you really want to know. The working relationships between the officers SUCK. There are very few relaxed officers on the force, and most of them give attitude to their fellow officers as well as the community (which makes the rest of us look bad). It has gotten so bad within the past 6 years that I have been here that I am looking to either go south or west for a new job.

JSO does have alot of revenue, but yet we are still over budget and under staffed.

As far as the cars go, I am 6'4" and I hate my new Impala. I have a hard time getting out of the door for foot pursuits. I wish I had my Crown Vic back. I really wish they would design a nice looking dark blue decal wrap for the cars.