PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the job

03-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Looking at Collier Co SO with moving there in mind but I've heard from at least three LEO's that work there that I already know. While they love the guys they work with and the area, there seems to be a problem with getting thru the polygraph, even if you tell the entire truth. Two people that they recruited that were already certified LEO's and working for another agency in Florida were turned down because of drugs, or atleast thats what the polygraph guy said. What gives? One of my friends at the SO says that his buddy has NEVER smoked a joint in his life, he's known him all his life and no matter what he said, still left as failed the test. Is there anything to this?

03-12-2007, 01:11 AM
The polygraph is not perfect, but if you tell the truth, and don't hold back those little deep dark secrets that you had to admit, you won't have a problem. It's kinda like going to confession, you have to get everything off your chest or it just doesnt work...

03-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Yes, Collier's poly is VERY tough. I have never done an illegal drug in my life. I ended up having to fly down to Collier to redo the drug use question which I passed the 2nd time. I've since taken a job elsewhere in the state and when I did my poly for the other agency the guy doing it said if you passed Collier's this will be a joke, hahaha.

03-12-2007, 06:41 AM
The problem with this is....if you fail (Collier's test), whether legit or not, it will be tough getting a job elsewhere. I too, had to retest on this poly (passing the second time). It not only cost alot of money in travel, but it put a sour taste in my mouth as to the PRB (IA) crew running this show. It would be nice to feel secure, knowing if you do the right thing you are ok. I am worried about doing the right thing and being accused of something outrageous and them not believing me!! Of course, I will ALWAYS do the right thing, but I wish I felt a bit more secure. I will not argue CCSO is one of the top agencies in Florida, but staying employed lately...seems like a tough thing to do.

03-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I know some guys who work at Collier and they say that its just in the last three or four years that PRB or IA has become so destructive, even with innocent guys. What happened to the IA guys that used to be there? Did they just start doing polygraphs or what? I dont know any other agency that has this sort of problem.

Ten8hotel
03-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I havn't had the pleasure of having to take one of our polygraphs in a long time but it seems to go along with the trend lately. The trend being honesty is the utmost important thing here. No matter what I do that is against policy or law, if I tell the truth I know there is a good chance I will keep my job to some degree. A lie will get one fired here in a New York minute. Even for the most trivial thing. Same goes with time card discrepencies. For some reason that's the way it seems to be of late.