PDA

View Full Version : Good job

03-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Good job to officers that were in the paper on Friday. Teamwork is everything!!

03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
do you mean the ones from CID who came down and took the glory from the patrol division? CID doesn't answer domestic calls.

03-10-2007, 09:02 PM
oh good god get a life!!!! boy you dont sound bitter at all.

03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I saw ther pic too. Nice of downtown to come out and play. Didn't C.I.D. bring Nate Morabito with them--what's up?? Doesn't he travel with them 24-7

03-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey Idiot,
Why don't you find something wrong with every comment made. If I am not mistaken CID is part of WCSO. Lets give credit where credit is due. Yes the Patrol Officer did great, but you said "Does CID answer Domestics" I think the charges were attempted first degree murder. Get a life and quit trying to cause problems with the relationship Patrol has with CID. We all work at one department,and I thought we were one family. Lets put the jealous kid stuff away and be the professional law enforcemet officers that we are including; Patrol, Detention, CID, Support and all.

03-11-2007, 12:39 PM
So what you're saying is that this case might not get re-assigned back to the poor ol' patrol officer who originally answered the call?

03-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I really don't think any patrol officer just wants to be a report taker. I think most of our officers have the skills to do a proper investigation, therefore to have a case assigned back is just a opportunity to take some pride in your investigative skills. Yes CID does handle those big cases such as murder, attempted murder, burglary and such. I do think Patrol was congradulated on the great work they did on the stabbing murder a week or so back. So if you want to be just a report taker look for another job, WCSO has law enforcement officers, not people who just write down info and turn it in for someone else to do the job. If you haven't noticed lately you wear a badge and were issued handcuffs just like CID.

03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
True, CID does handle big things like murder and attempted murder, but I promise that call didn't come in as one of those, it came across as a DV, and patrol went in first... you sure didn't see their picture in the paper though. As for patrol and CID being part of the "family" show me... how many aggravated burglaries have they worked lately???? if it isn't somehting that's goign to make the news it's getting kicked back to patrol and noone can say different. Oh and as for me I wouldn't ever want to be in CID, give me the road, that's where law enforcement lives. Not at HQ surfing the internet.

Hey Idiot,
Why don't you find something wrong with every comment made. If I am not mistaken CID is part of WCSO. Lets give credit where credit is due. Yes the Patrol Officer did great, but you said "Does CID answer Domestics" I think the charges were attempted first degree murder. Get a life and quit trying to cause problems with the relationship Patrol has with CID. We all work at one department,and I thought we were one family. Lets put the jealous kid stuff away and be the professional law enforcemet officers that we are including; Patrol, Detention, CID, Support and all.

03-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Your perception of what you think a patrol officer's duties consist of, shows just how out of touch you really are. This ain't the good old days of the England administration where a patrol officer might answer 2 calls and then call it a day. Today's WCSO Patrol Officers on average answers 8 calls each day besides serving civil and arrest papers, making extra patrols, performing lockjocks, observing traffic enforcement, providing private security details within the city during the shifts (ie. Freedom Hall, Winged Deer Park, Kubota ) and the like. Believe it or not, most patrol officers enjoy the challenge of investigating a case and seeing the process through, but unlike CID, patrol does not have 2-3 continuous hours of uninterrupted time to devote to solving a case.

BTW-be careful about being so quick to defend CID, I hear that these are the same folks who are making fun of you behind your back and who are getting rumors started about "certain" things that go on in the property clerk's office.

03-12-2007, 11:02 AM
My point exactly. It would be nice to work a case from begining to end, but with some many things going on, and with dispatch and supervisors calling to get yuou to clear up, who has time to work an aggravated burglary, that CID doesn't feel like working because it's beneath them.

Your perception of what you think a patrol officer's duties consist of, shows just how out of touch you really are. This ain't the good old days of the England administration where a patrol officer might answer 2 calls and then call it a day. Today's WCSO Patrol Officers on average answers 8 calls each day besides serving civil and arrest papers, making extra patrols, performing lockjocks, observing traffic enforcement, providing private security details within the city during the shifts (ie. Freedom Hall, Winged Deer Park, Kubota ) and the like. Believe it or not, most patrol officers enjoy the challenge of investigating a case and seeing the process through, but unlike CID, patrol does not have 2-3 continuous hours of uninterrupted time to devote to solving a case.

BTW-be careful about being so quick to defend CID, I hear that these are the same folks who are making fun of you behind your back and who are getting rumors started about "certain" things that go on in the property clerk's office.

04-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Bump

04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
:roll:

05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Back to top do you mean the ones from CID who came down and took the glory from the patrol division? CID doesn't answer domestic calls.
You must be new to the patrol division because CID does not usually respond without a call from a Supervisor, Captain, or Chief. We TAKE no GLORY from anyone. We will take over the investigation IF and only IF the shift supervisor, shift sergeant or Chief Deputy wants us to, otherwise we are there to ASSIST patrol with what ever they may need to place charges. In this particular case the call was originally a domestic violence call that quickly turned into much more due to the introduction of a ROCK and a KNIFE. 1st platoon responded and did an OUTSTANDING job preserving the scene, detaining the offender and repeating everything that the poor beaten, bloody victim said so it could be heard on the in car video. OUTSTANDING WORK by SGT. GRAYBEAL, PTL RHODES, and PTL GENT. It was at this time that SGT GRAYBEAL requested that we become the primary on this call due to the amount of time it was going to take to close up all the loose ends and prosecute. As far as the GLORY, the Johnson City press appeared after hearing the call on their scanner and driving to the scene. If it matters, there were PATROL officers in several photos that were taken. Maybe the light wasn't good enough for a print, I don't know maybe you can call and ask them why CID got all the GLORY.

05-24-2007, 01:36 AM
[quote="Anonymous"]True, CID does handle big things like murder and attempted murder, but I promise that call didn't come in as one of those, it came across as a DV, and patrol went in first... you sure didn't see their picture in the paper though. As for patrol and CID being part of the "family" show me... how many aggravated burglaries have they worked lately???? if it isn't somehting that's goign to make the news it's getting kicked back to patrol and noone can say different. Oh and as for me I wouldn't ever want to be in CID, give me the road, that's where law enforcement lives. Not at HQ surfing the internet.

Do you have a clue how many Aggravated Burglaries this department gets? Apparently not. Maybe you would like to come on up and see how many Aggravated Burglary cases I have RIGHT now or at most anytime. I can guarantee it is a crap load, along with thefts, Auto Burglaries, Vandalisms, Assaults, Drug cases, Frauds, Forgeries, etc. Did you get ONE back? Oh well. I guess that is part of being in LAW ENFORCEMENT, huh? Oh and I can say different, maybe if you wrote a press release on what ever crime you solved( you do solve crimes don't you?) the press would put you on the news you poor soul. Maybe we can have you a little pity party, or maybe you can become an adult, do your job, quit your *****in and go on with your life like the other 99% of the patrol division does daily. Guess what we all worked patrol also. We did all the thankless jobs that the patrol division still does. We still have a good number of friends on patrol and we care for the patrol division very much. WE are a family, but I guess you are that family member who always thanks everyone owes you something.