PDA

View Full Version : When did we hire so many puzzies

03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Its sad to think what Deputies once were. Men, tough, firm, but fair. Sharp dressed, uniforms pressed and creesed, campaign hat tipped forward. Rookies did not speak until spoken to and knew they were rookies.

Now rookies think because they passed the FTO program that they are vets. HAHAHAH!!

Now, we are over run by kids playing out what they saw on cops. Soft weak willed individuals who are prone to question versus act and retreat versus move ahead. ****y and arrogant versus the silent professional. Para-peace corps versus Paramilitary.

We are getting weaker and weaker. More and more of the old school supervisors are retiring. The rookies are more plentiful. Weve gone from hiring young Harry Callahans to hiring young Barney Fifes.

I pray its all a phase and that this too will pass.

03-10-2007, 09:29 AM
You sound like you need to get something off your chest, open the closet door and step out. We are all here for you. This was bound to happen. There has been a mass of people retiring over the last 4-5 years and as many promotions. The empty spots need to be filled, so in come the mass of rookies. Rookies will be rookies no matter what era they are from. It will pass. In the mean time, be a good role model. On a sadder note, with the passing of the old supervisors come the new ones who don't have the same mentality and are the reason thier troops are getting weaker and weaker. They don't look after the troops as well and are quick to toss them under the bus. This mentality causes some of the weak behavior you see in the rookies, who are afraid to get into trouble. BTW, I'm just messing with you reference my first sentence. The first lines in your post sounded a little gay is all.

Be safe.

03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Of course the first poster was never a rookie. Don't speak unless spoken to? Get real, this isn't 1970 or the military. The Department is changing, for the better, you are being left behind. But don't bring it up to the Sheriff because he has a don't speak unless spoken to mentality.

The days of tuning up suspects, car chases with no consequences, and doing whatever you wanted with no one looking over your shoulder or gone. The courts have settled that. You can either get with the new program, or retire. My guess is you should do the latter because you won't be a good role model because it isn't in you. You need to complain and complainers are not the role models we need. We need mentors who will tell you that our agency is the best and the show us how to be the best, not tell us...Don't speak until spoken to rookie. You my friend are out of touch.

Enjoy your days on the golf course, this job is now to much for you.

03-19-2007, 11:36 PM
times have changed. Sadly it isnt for the good. Supervisors are quick to send complaints up to IA. Luckily for me I was trained by the old timers and they treated me right. Its not about "tuning up suspects" or "pursuits with no consequences." Its about respect. Ya every rook has there FOOKED up moments. We all have been rooks.

Times are changing. Supervisors dont stand behind their deps. Its sad. And when the Old school guys retire, the weak ones jump up to those positions because they have the degrees that are meaningless in our career field.

03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
DONT WORRY IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE DEPUTIES WILL BE SPENDING AT LEAST 80 PERCENT OF THEIR TIME SITTING IN THE CAR AND TRYING TO DICTATE OR TYPE REPORTS. WE HAVE TO DROP OUR STANDARDS IN ORDER TO GET A FEW UN-QUAILIFIED APPLICANTS. GO BACK TO THE OLD P.A.T TEST AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS TO THE APPLICANTS.OH AND FOR GOD SAKES DONT HIRE SOMEONE WHO SMOKES OR CHEWS TOBACCO. I WILL RETIRE SOON TO AVOID THE IDIOTS THAT ARE SLATED TO RUN THIS AGENCY FOR THE NEXT 8-12 YEARS. GOD SAVE US ALL.........

03-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Could be good for us?

03-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Retire now WHAM you are worthless here anyway,Stop disgracing the star

03-31-2007, 03:47 PM
DONT WORRY IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE DEPUTIES WILL BE SPENDING AT LEAST 80 PERCENT OF THEIR TIME SITTING IN THE CAR AND TRYING TO DICTATE OR TYPE REPORTS. WE HAVE TO DROP OUR STANDARDS IN ORDER TO GET A FEW UN-QUAILIFIED APPLICANTS. GO BACK TO THE OLD P.A.T TEST AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS TO THE APPLICANTS.OH AND FOR GOD SAKES DONT HIRE SOMEONE WHO SMOKES OR CHEWS TOBACCO. I WILL RETIRE SOON TO AVOID THE IDIOTS THAT ARE SLATED TO RUN THIS AGENCY FOR THE NEXT 8-12 YEARS. GOD SAVE US ALL.........

OK, lets go back to the old PAT for annual PAT's also. Lets see some of you fat ass, smoking vets pass it. I only have 4-5 years on and am probably in better shape now than when I started. Don't just sing it, bring it.

03-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow, SWAT Guy (just guessing), run run run, go go go, Im in better shape than the rest of you after 4 - 5 year therefore I am a better cop who makes better arrests and better cases and does better investigations than all of you. I tink I just do whatever I want cuz I can catch anyone dat runs from me. Case law Shmaze Law, I am da man...

"dont just sing it, bring it."

wow thats some deep azz zsung zu-ian shizzit man. You learn that in the corps???

04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey now, don't disgrace my beloved Corps by thinking mister hut hut swat boy was a Marine. Most of them were never even in the military and are living out their fantasy. "Oh, I was gonna join but......"

04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
We started getting such losers when we started hiring st. pete's finest. What a joke. I work with this guy on day shift, talk and more talk. Bunch of snatches. Were the star proud men.

04-09-2007, 05:59 PM
We started getting such losers when we started hiring st. pete's finest. What a joke. I work with this guy on day shift, talk and more talk. Bunch of snatches. Were the star proud men.

We also need to stop hiring PPPD's rejects and cast off's

04-10-2007, 04:19 AM
We went downhill when we started filling vacancies with a vengance compared to taking the best of the bunch. I feel we have hired people now that we would not have hired before, just because we are so short. We got a bunch of"oh gosh gee williackers its neato to be a cop!" people now.

04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Cooper standards are coming will see 4 To 5 year deputy what you got. If the old horse cant pass get rid of them too!

04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
We went downhill when we started filling vacancies with a vengance compared to taking the best of the bunch. I feel we have hired people now that we would not have hired before, just because we are so short. We got a bunch of"oh gosh gee williackers its neato to be a cop!" people now.

How true...we hire people who say they were cops up north and tell us stories about chases and arrests and how many agencies they worked for at such a young age and low and behold they weren't a cop theywere a security guard and they worked as a dispatcher before not as a cop and they still think they know it all and too afraid to take the initiative on anything, but "oh gee" it's fun to be a cop.