12 suv 2006 Mazda Cx-7 8.0 16.0 --84.6
13 minivan 2007 Kia Sedona 8.2 16.2 --84.5
14 pickup 2006 Honda Ridgeline 8.6 16.5 --84.2
15 suv 2007 Chevy Tahoe 8.6 16.6 --82.9
16 minivan 2006 Honda Odyssey 8.6 16.7 --84.0
17 sedan 2007 Ford Police Interceptor 8.7 16.7 --85.9

Thanks Ford!

03-08-2007, 06:28 AM
With the exception of the charger that has that hemi...

none of the other vehicles here have to carry things such as a cage, light bar, computer, large file cabinet worth of forms and equipment, weapons, etc.

We also dont want to have something so light that anything will swat it out of the way.

I also like having alot of metal between me and a gun pointing in my direction.

Plus on a long tour a bigger vehicle is a hell of alot more comfortable, (i miss the chevy)

its not all just "0 to 60" or 1/4 mile stuff to think about.

03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
With the exception of the charger that has that hemi...

none of the other vehicles here have to carry things such as a cage, light bar, computer, large file cabinet worth of forms and equipment, weapons, etc.

We also dont want to have something so light that anything will swat it out of the way.

I also like having alot of metal between me and a gun pointing in my direction.

Plus on a long tour a bigger vehicle is a hell of alot more comfortable, (i miss the chevy)

its not all just "0 to 60" or 1/4 mile stuff to think about.

The Crown Vic was tested with none of the items you descibe on board. Several of the listed vehicles have a higher gross weight as well. The Crown Vic Police Interceptor is just woefully underpowered. It does have an excellent air conditioner though.

03-09-2007, 03:30 AM
I love the Crown Vic...it saved my life!!! So I guess I'm biased!

03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
If the State pays for the gas and you get to drive it home, what are you complaining about? Grow up. You can't chase anyone any way.

03-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Don't worry about your image and your Crown Vic. I drive an Impala with a V-6 and I can keep up with you anyday. Ask any Trooper that I work with and they will verify it.

The state also pays for my gas and repairs and car washes. I get many more comments with my Impala than when I had my Crown Vic or the Caprice before that. Besides, most people think my Impala has a V-8 anyway.

I don't think the patrol really wants you to chase someone anyway. Besides which UTC would you give them? You really don't know how to charge anyone with a real felony other than VOP.

03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
It's laughable you think your v-6 can keep up with the vic, The vic's importance is as a highway cruiser and sustaining high speed for extended lengths of time. Durability is unmatchable they take a huge beating and keep going. The Dodges already are beginning to experience breakdowns (crap) ( Chevy doesn't even deserve a mention front wheel drive garbage) You young morons wanted the hemi! looks good over at the garage. New York Police already have had numerous problems, so many Chrysler engineers have been assigned to look into it and are at the repair facilities.

You can beat a Vic. A big 4 door heavy sedan that can take a whacking and you walk away.

Any other opinion is flawed

03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Don't worry about your image and your Crown Vic. I drive an Impala with a V-6 and I can keep up with you anyday. Ask any Trooper that I work with and they will verify it.

Further evidence of why you're the "other" state officer, you're too stupid to do anything else.

03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Thats funny!!! More like he is TOO SMART to be a lousy Trooper!

03-15-2007, 09:12 PM

The state also pays for my gas and repairs and car washes. I get many more comments with my Impala than when I had my Crown Vic or the Caprice before that. Besides, most people think my Impala has a V-8 anyway.

I don't think the patrol really wants you to chase someone anyway. Besides which UTC would you give them? You really don't know how to charge anyone with a real felony other than VOP.

IMPALA IS A PIECE OF CRAP. WENT FROM A VIC TO A CHEV AND HATED IT. BACK TO TO THE VIC NOW AND HAPPY. WOULDNT MIND TRYING A CHARGER THOUGH IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE MUCH ROOM. AND IF YOU WANNA RACE WITH YOUR PIECE OF CRAP IMPALA JUST NAME THE PLACE BIG BOY.. IN THE WORDS OF "RICKY BOBBY IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST" BIT#H

03-16-2007, 05:27 AM
[quote="The Other State Officer":2u9nc3t3]Don't worry about your image and your Crown Vic. I drive an Impala with a V-6 and I can keep up with you anyday. Ask any Trooper that I work with and they will verify it.

Further evidence of why you're the "other" state officer, you're too stupid to do anything else.[/quote:2u9nc3t3]

Please read the latest motortrend magazine edition. The one that says "Cop Cars are Slow. We Prove It", and come tell me how big and bad your Impalla is. I'll take the rear wheeled drive Crown Vic over that front wheel drive piece of crap any day.

03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
If you are a street cop, (i.e. your main duty is to patrol, respond to calls, chase vehicles down, drive over/through medians, drive over curbs and speed bumps repeatedly, get stuck, back into stuff, leave the car running during lunch and dinner, hit deer/dogs (on accident), run over parking stops, reverse using the bump method, carry A LOT of sh*t around in your trunk, accelerate hard for no reason, brake hard for no reason, accelerate and brake hard for extended periods of time, threshold brake, drive with no/burned out oil for 2 weeks, etc) then you need to have a heavy duty, V-8 crown vic.

All local and county agencies need this vehicle. The FHP/MCCO needs this vehicle. Any other agency that kind of patrols and kind of does routine police work, or administrators and investigators, can get away with something else. End of story.

The CV will get up and go, but it is not a race car. It is designed to be abused and it puts up with the above referenced abuse very very well. There are things that I have done that I thought for sure my CV was f*cked up bad, but it wasnt even scratched. Ive done every thing i listed above, and been 130 MPH on I-75 (verified using a Genesis II select) and the car has 90,000 miles on it and is a 2003. It works as hard as I do. Not only that, it hauls everything I need, is comfortable and can power brake like the best of them (at the beggining of the shift). Anyone who responds and says i'm immature, go to hell, turn in whatever badge you have and go work night shift at a real agency. If you read this post and you can relate a little to what i am saying and laugh a little bit inside...then keep up the good work! Stay safe CV drivers, impala drivers and other sworn officers who drive useless POS.

03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
i'll drive whatever's free

03-17-2007, 01:07 AM
SOUNDS LIKE NORTHFL WORKS FOR FORD!!!! :shock:

03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
The Crown Vic is undoubtly a good car, however, it just needs an additional 100 horsepower. I've had cars that I just simply cant catch up to because my car tops out at 130mph and that is after about 2 miles! I've had cars go by my radar at over 130mph and they never slow. By the time I get on the road and start to accelerate the suspect vehicle is sooooo far ahead of me I can barely see them. Many times they will simply blend into heavy traffic 2 miles ahead of me or duck off an exit ramp and be out of sight before I get there. We need something that can accelerate very quickly. I have to run these CVs soooooo hard not to lose people. I've even had times when I had to pass other motorists on the shoulder because I could not afford to wait for them to move over and risk losing the violator that was pulling away from me at a rate 50+mph. With a very fast car these risks do not need to be taken.

03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
The Crown Vic is undoubtly a good car, however, it just needs an additional 100 horsepower. I've had cars that I just simply cant catch up to because my car tops out at 130mph and that is after about 2 miles! I've had cars go by my radar at over 130mph and they never slow. By the time I get on the road and start to accelerate the suspect vehicle is sooooo far ahead of me I can barely see them. Many times they will simply blend into heavy traffic 2 miles ahead of me or duck off an exit ramp and be out of sight before I get there. We need something that can accelerate very quickly. I have to run these CVs soooooo hard not to lose people. I've even had times when I had to pass other motorists on the shoulder because I could not afford to wait for them to move over and risk losing the violator that was pulling away from me at a rate 50+mph. With a very fast car these risks do not need to be taken.

I heard FHP was going to test the Dodge Charger, is there any truth to this?

03-22-2007, 12:28 AM

Yes, and we definitely need them.

03-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Are there any chargers on the street?
Yes, and we definitely need them.

03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Ford lost 12.6 BILLION DOLLARS in 2006. I don't think the CV will be around much longer. Ford may not be either.

03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Ford lost 12.6 BILLION DOLLARS in 2006. I don't think the CV will be around much longer. Ford may not be either.

Ford will be around for years to come. They will simply go from filthy stinking rich to only filthy rich. You hear about these car companies losing money all the time, but they are soooooo rich already. They will just downsize and customize their business to fit the current demand of the times.