PDA

View Full Version : Running for Sheriff

03-08-2007, 04:08 AM
So, its out I am running for sheriff although I work in Pinellas. I have gotten overwhelming support from alot of sgts and patrol guys who work my area. The guys who work Perrine Ranch/seven springs area have been great. Keep up the good work and Ill take care of you guys when I get elected.

03-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Word is a lieutenant from Hillsborough is going to run.

03-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Yep thats what I heard too. The Lt. From Hillsborough is a troops sheriff. I work with Drunk Foster Brooks Bob at AB&T he is a non-law enforcer and racist that has been documented from the numerous complaints file against him. TIME FOR a F%$#ing CHANGE. COUNT DOWN BABY

03-21-2007, 11:08 AM

Nothing hateful or emotional, just an observation.

Didn't we get these under this administration?

"ABADONE" is interesting!

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16796

03-21-2007, 01:38 PM

oh ya we are so much better off with .40 cal now. you didn't mention how great our radio system is over TPD, or how great our pay is.

You know WE need the .40 cal guns here because we don't have ENOUGH guys on the road to have back up...

03-21-2007, 11:27 PM
You don't get back ups on hot calls?

03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know what back up is but I know what calls holding for over an hour is because we don't have enough deputies. :devil:

fldeputy
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Lt.,
10-4 on that....and don't forget to do enough 82's and traffic in between your calls holding so you don't get transferred...

03-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Yep,
We got to be carefull or that old fart Captain will forget his pills for alzhimers and come into read off yelling about something else. I thought you had to retire when you reached 70.

04-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I think you will all be surprised at a new entry into the '08 Sheriff race. I cannot divulge my name as of yet, but I can promise some significant changes that will address ALL of the needs of the states best deputy force. Better pay, Gap Insurance, Arbitration Availability, Better Equipment, and working with a Sheriff who does not consider himself above his deputies. The Sheriff should serve his deputies rather than himself. I can promise the name will be a welcomed surprise, and that I have not been contaminated by "the system" or the state offices. The budget is there to provide the entire force with the proper equipment and benefits that other counties enjoy. Get ready for a change. I will challenge the incumbant Sheriff to a public debate, even though he will decline.

04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Come on now, don't just tease us and leave. We really need help. If you are sincere and need help, ask. I am sure you will have at least 500 volunteers to assist if you just ask!

04-05-2007, 02:07 AM
This is a very serious situation and I am not in the teasing business. I am actively putting feelers out to see what my family and some respected members of the department think and what their response is. I have the utmost respect for what the officers of this county do, yet I am not a law enforcement officer myself. I believe that should not matter, what matters is putting someone in the position who will support the officers and provide them with the tools to be successful and SAFE. After spending 25 years protecting the lives of others and putting their own lives at risk on a daily basis, the LEAST they should receive is insurance in their retirement years. I believe I can be a Sheriff, not a politician. I am investigating the needs and requirements of the position to ensure if I were to run, and were priviledged enough to serve the officers of this county, that I could properly live up to their needs.

04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
OK, so how can we help get you the answers and information you need in order to make a serious, concerted, and victorious run for office?

fldeputy
04-05-2007, 07:23 PM
New Blood,
Just read the posts and you can see what our concerns and needs are.......of course, what's best for your family is primary and you have to consider their needs ahead of everything.
How soon before you will be able to make your decision on what to do? Cause the election clock is ticking?

Maybe post a informal survey here on the site as a sort of exploratory committee.....

04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
FLDEPUTY,
I have been reading the posts and watching the papers for months and I also know seceral deputies very closely and have listened to many of the travesties that Pasco's deputies are working under. Inadequate radios, cars, equipment, policies, benefits, insurance, etc. My decision will be soon and at that time I think it best to organize a meeting with interested parties to discuss a game plan. I would welcome more input through this posting from anyone who sees things that need to be addressed. My concern is that many times in an election the incumbant has too much of an upper hand because they have all of the inside information and can hide alot of mismanaged issues simply because the new candidate does not have the inside line. If I am to run, this will be a group effort and I will serve as the deputies' sheriff, not vice versa.

fldeputy
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Can you advise if you are currently in law enforcement in Pinellas and what your background is. At least give us that.

04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
I am apprehensive about putting my name out there right now. But here is what I will tell you. I am not in law enforcement and I am a Pasco County resident. I have family in law emforcement and have very close friends in law enforcement right here in Pasco County. I have a military background and extensive experience running multi-million dollar departments within various companies. I have experience bringing companies out of the ashes and turning them into profitable efficient businesses. Being that I have such close ties to this agency, I have listened to many state the issues that you all must deal with and I feel as though there is a significant degree of mismanagement and ZERO comraderie within this agency. It is my oppinion that the Sheriff is not the one who runs the agency, it is all of you who run the agency, and what you all need is someone who will champion your needs and respresent you effectively. My goal would be to address the issues, correct injustices and return the pride into the agency. There is a reason why our county has lower crime rates then others, I try to imagine how it could be if you all had the proper tools. I know that the first response from the current administration is that we are naive and the money is not there. But when you trim the fat, there is always meat left over. It is purely a numbers game, and there is no one more qualified to re-align a budget and direct resources to the areas where the need lies.
I would simply be interested to see what the response would be from the deputies of this county towards a candidate with the above minimal description. If the response is positive, I will proceed. If there are issues that I am unaware of, I will welcome the feedback and support whatever candidate you choose to represent you. Being so closely tied through friends and family, I simply feel as though SOMEONE needs to step up and be concerned with the needs of the agency as well as the residents of the community rather than their own lofty political goals.

04-06-2007, 12:50 AM
New Blood -

Have you ever been arrested?

Yes or No.

04-06-2007, 01:29 AM
New Blood,

Please tell us you are for real. We have heard promises like this before, about six years ago as the most recent example.

Yakuza
04-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Being that I have such close ties to this agency, I have listened to many state the issues that you all must deal with and I feel as though there is a significant degree of mismanagement and ZERO comraderie within this agency.

With all due respect……maybe I’m somewhat ignorant to this term, however, what does “comraderie” mean? If you meant to say camaraderie, as an employee of the Sheriff’s Office, I haven’t experienced this “ZERO” level of comradeship among deputies you’ve spoken about. In fact, the majority of deputies I’ve seen get along with one another more than any other agency I’ve known.

However, if you DID NOT mean to say camaraderie….I apologize for my ignorance.

And as far as mismanagement goes…..I think our supervisors are doing an estimable job with managing the many diverse squads protecting this county (if you meant mismanagement on the administrative level, what proof do you have to back that claim…I'd love to know)

I think it’s great you plan to run for Sheriff and encourage it (competition is a good thing). Personally speaking though, I don’t think it’s sagacious to use this forum as an initial platform for your political goals.
People don’t build a reputation by things they’re going to do; especially by not posting their name.

Good luck.

04-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Nice New Blood on your comments. I am telling you the gut that has the Sheriff shaking in his shoes is the LT from Hillsborough that is very well known in the Pasco county Area. The sheriff has never been lable as real law enforcement person because he was paper pushing kiddy cop. The LT from Hillsborough has risen up through the ranks and is a BIG TROOP MAN. This Guy will go out jump calls if he is near by or not instead of running the other way. I was in the process of going back to Hillsborough, but I was told to stay put here with BEER CAN BOB until ELECTIONS. Pay Attention guys BEER CAN is drinking alot more NOW that he is going to have a REAL COP or COPS to contest his seat..... Remember all the NERDS that Uncle Bob brought with him from AB&T that were never REAL COPS any day of there life. WE SUFFERED BIG TIME. Time for A change we deserve better and families too.

04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Forgive me for missing the "a" while typing late last night. It seems as though you may have adopted the same condescending nature of the current Sheriff towards others. I am simply attempting to poll a small group of people whom I respect to see if they had issue with a "civilian" running for Sheriff.
I am not using this forum for establishing a platform, however, I find myself "sagacious" enough not to post "proof" or the basis for my claims. Rather than expose any weaknesses that would provide ammunition for those I may run against. I plan on hosting in-person forums when the decision has been made. As far as building a reputation and not posting my name. I look back at 99% of the postings that have been made on this site, and I find no one posts their name. In addition, I stated earlier that this is a tremendous FAMILY commitment as well as decision and that I would divulge my name as soon as the time was appropriate. Rather than subject my family to any pressures until our decision has been made. I would hope that you could understand and honor that.
My current reputation is solid. The reputation I will build will be one of action and support.
Camaraderie is not simply shaking hands and getting along, it is much deeper than that, and from the sources I have spoken to it appears as though it is lacking. I think it would be naive to say that you all believe in your current administration and that you feel "taken care of". If that were the case, good officers would not be leaving and more thinking of following them. Camaraderie is also the act of good fellowship and support for one another. I think you may be taking the term in a literal personal sense, I am not saying you all do not get along. I just do not get the impression that there is a strong positive aura within the agency.
There are many areas outside of day to day operations that fall under the mismanagement genre. I have stated that in my opinion, the supervisors and officers are the ones truly running the department and that is why we have a county where crime is not running rampant. The mismanagement I speak of will be revealed and I will explain and lay out a blueprint for how I would make suggestions for change.
Your response seemed slightly argumentative and as if I offended you, which was not my intent if I did. However, I will defend MY intentions and not have the impression cast that I am trying to "build a reputation" or that I am building "an initial platform for My political goals". I have NO political goals other than attempting to support people I have respect for and appreciate the protection they provide for our families. I do not need to run for a political office, nor do I need to satisfy any desires for public celebrity. Unfortunately, the Sheriff's position has turned into a "political" position rather than what I believe it was decades ago, a position of guidance and support for the deputies.
It appears as though you have taken a negative stance toward me chatting with others on this site. As I stated earlier, if that offended anyone I would not continue to use the site.
As far as previous replies:
NO I have never been arrested or charged with ANY crime or infraction above a speeding ticket, my license is clean and so is my background. I am a family based person who has coached little league and pop warner football.
I am about as real as a person can get. But I will never profess to being someone I am not. I simply felt the need to explore the possibility of utilizing my skill sets to help organize and improve a situation.
I am doing this for the deputies and citizens of the community. I said earlier that if I were not the right candidate for this position that I would whole heartedly support ANY one that the deputies chose as THEIR candidate.

04-06-2007, 03:58 PM
New Blood,

I am inspired to hear you speak that way. Please make the best decision for your family, which will hopefully benefit us as well. I look forward to additional postings from you in the future.

04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
My bull shiznit meter is going off the readable scale.

Yakuza
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I think it would be naive to say that you all believe in your current administration and that you feel "taken care of". If that were the case, good officers would not be leaving and more thinking of following them.
Again, where are you receiving this information? You shouldn’t presume your disgruntled neighbor’s opinion of the job is the sentiments of all law enforcement professionals here at Pasco. Contrary to what you may believe, there is no such thing as a Nirvanic place of employment......anywhere.
What makes a professional a successful professional is the ability to adapt and continue doing what they love.

And as far as those “good officers” who are leaving…I respect that. At least they’re not sitting around defending their inability to adapt as poor mismanagement when complaining to their neighbors.

I plan on hosting in-person forums when the decision has been made.
And regarding the “in-person forums”, that idea is as effective as posting an internet petition to bring back another season of Star Trek. …this is the wrong venue for that.

Rather than expose any weaknesses that would provide ammunition for those I may run against.
With the utmost reverence, based on your lengthy response………you’ve already done just that.

04-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I usually read my own agency's posts but they are so negative most of the time I thought I would check out another agency's site and comments.

It is comforting to see that your agency's posts are as negative and miserable as my own agency's. The only difference is that everyone on my site pledges undying allegiance to our fairly new sheriff - but then they proceed to be nasty and negative to each other in almost every posting, except in the ones where they talk about the "brotherhood." Go figure!

04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Yakuza,

Thanks for sharing your beliefs of the world, and the agency in particular. It is wonderful to see that you have your finger on the pulse of the agency. However, you must work in the admin building if you really are of the opinion that there is no real morale problem at the SO. While technically all members may not feel this way, if you truly believe the majority do not, then you need to re-examine it is from where you get your information.

As far as the "in-person" forums, were you a fan of this when BW did it when he ran for Sheriff? How about when he got elected? How about when he was giving his "I hate Unions speech?"

It seems by your postings, you are obviously a FOB (Friend of Bob) and will do nothing other than to minimize the damage he has already inflicted on this once proud agency by placing blame on others, including those that vent here when they are not allowed to vent anywhere else out of fear of being labeled by someone as connected as you are.

Have a wonderful night, sir.

fldeputy
04-08-2007, 03:44 AM
New Blood,
Why don't you solicite to speak at the FOP lodge?

Yakuza
04-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Yakuza,

....you must work in the admin building if you really are of the opinion that there is no real morale problem at the SO. While technically all members may not feel this way, if you truly believe the majority do not, then you need to re-examine it is from where you get your information.

.....It seems by your postings, you are obviously a FOB (Friend of Bob) and will do nothing other than to minimize the damage he has already inflicted on this once proud agency by placing blame on others, including those that vent here when they are not allowed to vent anywhere else out of fear of being labeled by someone as connected as you are.

Have a wonderful night, sir.

Sorry chuckle patch…you’re way off about me.
First off, I don’t work in the admin building….I actually work on the road with many other deputies. I don’t know which squad you’ve worked for, however, the squads I’ve been apart of have all got along with one another (the original discussion was over the amount of camaraderie among the troops).

Now of course, if you’re one of those guys who always jump on back-up calls, traffic accidents, and noise complaints to avoid real calls, thus, exposing your horrific deficiency in grammatical structure within you reports…then I could understand why you feel there is a morale problem (I guess you've been blackballed by others you work with, so I can see how you could misconstrue this as a morale problem).

Hey, not everyone dispositions their calls with, “Uh, Pasco, this call is unfounded….show me 98 other action….Oh look, a citizen assist, send me that call.”

And second…..FOB?!? That actually was funny! To tell ya’ the truth, I’ve only met the Sheriff one time, so I can’t comment on him personally as many have. I’m just proud to be a cop working alongside some of the greatest cops I’ve ever been affiliated with. I don't need to b*tch, I just adapt and keep doing what I do.

So, until David Hasselhoff puts out another album, I’ll catch ya backing me up on a loose cow call (thanks for making my job safer)

.................................................. .................................................. . http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/28/hoff_main_narrowweb__300x468,0.jpg

04-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Seems your true colors are showing, twinkle toes. So you think you are the hard working deputy and others never pull their weight. How funny it is. Actually how sad, that you think you are the hardest working deputy, stuck with others who dodge calls.

First you work with super-cops who work well together. Then you are teh one handling calls while less moitivated co-workers dodge them.

You are all over the board, just like Bob White.

Anyway, be careful. Your true feelings about the place you work at and the peopel you work with are bleeding through that poorly constructed facade you hide behind.

Yakuza
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Your true feelings about the place you work at and the peopel you work with are bleeding through that poorly constructed facade you hide behind.
Sorry…didn’t want to touch a soft spot. Look, I’m a fair person and won’t subject you to another comment……I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
:snicker:

04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Thank you for backing down. Your first wise move. 8)

04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Look, I apologize for setting off such a problematic topic on your site. That clearly was not my intention, I simply wanted feedback regarding a civilian representing officers and what their feedback was.

Yakuza, I am simply confused by your postings since you claim morale is at an all time high. Yet your postings have been nothing more than condescending attacks and insults directed at others, including your fellow officers. Intelligence is not measured by insulting the intellect of your peers, it is measured by how you utilize your intellect and skill sets to improve and assist those around you. A true leader does not make those in their presence feel uncomfortable and insignificant, a true leader brings even the weakest of links up to task.

As far as your negative response to the idea of an in-person forum. Again, maybe your past experiences have jaded you with the thought of meeting to propose new ideas and brain storm. Regardless of past experiences, I am trying to promote a positive experience and one of open ideas and fair processes. I would not presume to represent others unless I truly felt I could completely and accurately act in their behalf.

Again, I must reiterate that I have SIGNIFICANT contacts within this agency in family and friends. I cannot explain that any simpler.

I will seek a forum with the FOP when the decision has been made. I wish you all a very Happy Easter and thank you for your service.

04-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Yakuza, the simple fact that you don't think there is a morale problem on the road could only mean 2 things:
1. YOU DON"T WORK THE ROAD
2. You have been here less then 1 year.

04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
scratch the 1 year and make it LESS then 6 months.

04-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Morale is horrible. Call volumn is super high and we are getting sent into situations without back up or not enough back up. Once we are conducting our investigations we are constantly hounded to hurry up cause there are calls holding.

Deputies are sick of being mobile reporting units, and not being able to do self initiated activity. Granted if you pull stats you will see that most deputies are doing self initiated activity, but alot of it is things like DVI service which registers as a self initiated activity even though we do not have a choice but to do it.

We are constantly short handed, and then to pour salt into the wound we cannot even get paid over time. We have to attend SAO invest usually on our own time and then we have to flex it off at the leisure of the agency.

It is no wonder that so many deputies are leaving, why would someone want to get into law enforcement to spend the majority of their shift running from call to call. It proves that agencies that choose the number of deputies via the per captia of the community is a safer and smater idea that the 1/3 scale that this agency uses.

04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
2005:

Sheriff's Wish list: $74-million, 49 workers
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... 49+workers (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/848270201.html?dids=848270201:848270201&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jun+2%2C+2005&author=STEVE+THOMPSON&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=1&desc=Sheriff%27s+Wish+list%3A+%2474-million%2C+49+workers)

Looks like the Sheriff had a plan.

New Sheriff's Office budget includes substantial raises
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... ial+raises (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/893701431.html?dids=893701431:893701431&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Sep+8%2C+2005&author=BRIDGET+HALL+GRUMET&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=1&desc=New+Sheriff%27s+Office+budget+includes+substa ntial+raises)

Equal pay scales for all county workers Series: EDITORIAL
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... +EDITORIAL (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/894155461.html?dids=894155461:894155461&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Sep+9%2C+2005&author=&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=2&desc=Equal+pay+scales+for+all+county+workers+Serie s%3A+EDITORIAL)

That Sheriff is such an idiot and hates his employees? :wink:

04-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Let me link one quote and I think that should resolve this oen pretty quick:

Commissioner Ted Schrader bristled at that suggestion. Leaning forward in his chair, Schrader pointed out that for five years, the sheriff had gotten almost every item on his budgetary wish list, including 49 new jobs last year.

"I've been low-balling you the last few years," replied White, whose budget has increased 35 percent since 2002 and now takes up more than half of the county's general operating budget.

04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
The previous poster is either COP LT, or Col. N. Wither way, face the facts;

1. The first article you posted shows BW wanted 49 positions for this year. How many were Patrol Deputies? And why did he only ask for 30 something combined over the previous four years? Inexperience, lack of knowledge, and relying on people using inaccrate graphs, charts, and power point presentations. Face it BW and AN, we are waaaay understaffed and your focus of "doing more with less" is killing this agency.

2. Substantial raises my behind. BW only got these raises because of a Cody study to bring the agency in line with surrounding agencies. And you see how good that worked right? How many experienced deputies are leaving to go other places for more money and better working conditions?

3. Equal pay scales for all county workers? Hooey. What about equal benefits for first responders (I am talking Gap Insurance, Colonel)? Let the county do it's own study to see if the county employees are in line with people who do the same job in other counties.

Col. N. and COP LT, when will you ever see your arguments hold no water and you are mistaken? You need to leave the Dark Side and come into the light...........the light of truth!!!!

04-10-2007, 06:00 PM
That will never happen, A.N. will always be Loyal to Bob right or wrong. This is admirable and shows why he will never be more than he is right
now.. Bobs Biotch, COP LT. is no different than almost anybody above the rank of Sgt. in this agency... and they get a GOD-LIKE complex actually
believing that they are somehow smarter than everybody else and that their rank is proof of that, I have worked both sides of the house and have
found that the biggest arse kissers all have something in common (Bars on their shoulders)they have also proven to be with a few exceptions the smartest group of idiots known to man. How can they be so blind not to see the problems...Well I believe that they do see them and choose to
ignore them because they are cowardly people afraid to rock the boat no matter right or wrong BOB must GO and they need to go with him, or it
will be the same again and again

04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
That will never happen, A.N. will always be Loyal to Bob right or wrong. This is admirable and shows why he will never be more than he is right
now.. Bobs Biotch, COP LT. is no different than almost anybody above the rank of Sgt. in this agency... and they get a GOD-LIKE complex actually
believing that they are somehow smarter than everybody else and that their rank is proof of that, I have worked both sides of the house and have
found that the biggest arse kissers all have something in common (Bars on their shoulders)they have also proven to be with a few exceptions the smartest group of idiots known to man. How can they be so blind not to see the problems...Well I believe that they do see them and choose to
ignore them because they are cowardly people afraid to rock the boat no matter right or wrong BOB must GO and they need to go with him, or it

Gotta tell you I disagree. I feel sorry for the Lt.'s who are doing their best to meet the needs of the troops while dealing with the stupid bulls#!t coming down from above. "Write more tickets" "Do more S82's" "Skip your lunch break" "No 10-18 runs" It is bad enough the Capts and Majors can't make up their minds. Morons are lucky to have a job.......for now.

Face it, the Lt's had their spines removed when Cowboy Bob and Wonder Boy came in. First it was "I sleep well at night knowing you are running the County." Now it is "you better stay in that office and have all my reports ready for Wonder Boy to dissect in the morning."

Come on Bob, this is law enforcement, not Statistics 101.

04-11-2007, 04:22 AM
northend commando sounds like you know this hillsborough lt who is he

04-11-2007, 04:29 AM
sounds like you know this lt from hillsborough who is he, why should we back him

04-11-2007, 05:15 AM
The guy is out of Disrtict - 3. Uncle Bob you know who he is ....There is nobody else from Hillsborough that is running that has your attention. See the funny thing is that I have worked with uncle bob and wonder bread boy @ AB&T. Wonder Bread Boy is a wannbe cop that would have not made the cut it on the road standards so, your kiss A#$ buddy gets in and brings Festas from GUNSMOKE with him. Thats WHY we are having the problems we are having. A real cops has some notion what is going on with the troops that take care the county day after day unsafely, etc. C'mon another 4 years sounds good to you guys are its time vomit and clear your throat. Simon Says run yor family in the ground... Simon Says while you doing it run yourself TOO. Ohhhhhh for your information been a sheriff's office boy for approximately 11 years prior to going to and leaving AB&T. Made a BAD Career move, Been back on track for a while...

04-11-2007, 03:30 PM

I believe this to be true in the detention facility, and could include a fair amount of the Sgt.s because in the agency wide vote for union representation the detention supervisors are the only group to vote it down mainly due to the Lt.s and their influence over the I can't think for myself Sgt.s, Every other voting group voted for representation and stuck together these Lt.s are afraid to speak up, and stand up for what is right. And before somebody starts in with how unfair my views are...ask yourself if you have ever been treated wrong or unfairly or had your opinion or ideas kicked back at you by a supervisor without being given consideration other than I'm a supervisor and I know better or I am smarter than you because of my rank

04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Why do you think that the "supervisors" are afraid to speak up or stand up for themselves ro even have an original thought of their own...because at this point they can be fired for wearing the wrong shirt to work. Gosh, wouldn't an arbitrator protect them from that??

Just a thought...

04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
due to the Lt.s and their influence over the I can't think for myself Sgt.s

What the hell are you even talking about? They made their choice though I wish it had gone the other way, it was foolish but that is the way it works like it or not. Now let me give you some insight on the Lieutenants ( since you can not probably spell it) they never approached the sergeant to sway them at least from what I saw and heard. So when you want to speak for me please at least get the facts straight.

04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, get some sleep before you type. You are not making any sense!

Either that, or BW is actually having his personal assistant TYPE HIS THOUGHTS!!!!!!!

Oh the horror!

04-12-2007, 03:33 AM
due to the Lt.s and their influence over the I can't think for myself Sgt.s

What the hell are you even talking about? They made their choice though I wish it had gone the other way, it was foolish but that is the way it works like it or not. Now let me give you some insight on the Lieutenants ( since you can not probably spell it) they never approached the sergeant to sway them at least from what I saw and heard. So when you want to speak for me please at least get the facts straight.

I hit a nerve, most Sgt.s in the jail are afraid to speak up or stand up to the Lt's you can get mad and call me names if you like but I have been here long enough to see it and form my own opinion that most of you are sceeered and lack the testicular fortitude to do what is right when it means disagreement with your supervisors

04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
It is amazing that you have such insight on so many others and obviously you are not there to see things the way they are and your statement might be true for some but not all and you should at least say it that way. Remember you can only say it and hope they will buy into the issue at hand. The same goes for the administration, you lobby for what you think should be done but at any spot in the line above you if they don't buy in you are stuck with the way your boss wants it, like it or not.

04-13-2007, 04:27 AM
I apologize not to be more specific about names, because I don't want to name anybody in here while I use GUEST protection. Itis just that some (most) Lt.s will not recognize other peoples thoughts or ideas that they(Lt.s) didn't think of and I have seen very few Sgt.s that will back you up it stops at the Lt. too much. we count on you to be our voice. I will continue to show up every day and do my job and 1/2 a shift on O.T. but I no longer trust most supervisors... SO NOW WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WILLING TO DO TO WIN BACK MY TRUST AND OTHERS THAT I AM QUITE SURE THAT I SPEAK FOR ...THAT I WILL NOT NAME

04-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Some people who use these boards think way too much of themselves... how about that idea?

:cop:

04-13-2007, 02:24 PM
YOU'RE FIRED !!!

04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
It is amazing that you would lump all into one category and you must not have been around all that much because you have not seen it when the supervisors do say something. Sure there are those that do not make waives and then there are those that do, but when your boss says this is the way it is going to be done and there is no discussing it, what would you like to do then?

Put you suggestions to fix the world on paper and see what happens to it, send it through the chain of command. Not ever idea will work and for every action there is a reaction some not so good. The decision to make change lies in the administrative office. I hear so many that have good ideas and when told to put it on paper never do.

04-14-2007, 12:13 AM
You have an answer for everythig, don't you? Make your checl out ot the Bob White 2008 campaign fund you kizz-azz

04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
New Blood, you still around?

04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
http://supportyourdeputies.com/

04-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Still here, just listening...

04-15-2007, 06:32 PM
New Blood, if you are not getting enough ammunition to run a successful campaign from both here and www.supportyoudeputies.com (http://www.supportyoudeputies.com) then I don't know what else you need! 8) 8) :roll:

04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, I am a republican but I'm voting for a democrat for sheriff this round because the republican choices we have are all a$$holes.

04-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Don't give up on us Republicans yet. The others were masquerading as Republicans but hopefully the next one won't dissapoint. Let's face it people, in an agency this size, and a forum such as this, there is no way to keep everybody happy and someone is bound to use this site to stir the pot.

On a positve note, at least we got rid of that drunkin loose Cannon last time. I would take Vic Mackey over that tard anyday. Talk about a guy who had no business ever wearing a uniform and you would see his picture.

New Blood, do it, make a run and bring up issues that can only make this agency better one way or another.l

04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
:cop: Well, well, now we have White as our sheriff ,you must be proud of yourself. Thanks for a job well done. I hope you don't run for sheriff. whos next Gillum... Cannon had his problem's .His Majors for one. Oh yes one of Cannon problems is thinking of running for Sheriff again.( If he not cleaning his nails). New Blood no matter what party they belong to...
Don't give up on us Republicans yet. The others were masquerading as Republicans but hopefully the next one won't dissapoint. Let's face it people, in an agency this size, and a forum such as this, there is no way to keep everybody happy and someone is bound to use this site to stir the pot.

On a positve note, at least we got rid of that drunkin loose Cannon last time. I would take Vic Mackey over that tard anyday. Talk about a guy who had no business ever wearing a uniform and you would see his picture.

New Blood, do it, make a run and bring up issues that can only make this agency better one way or another.l

04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes Man, Don't forget the problems Cannon had besides his Major's.....especially that white haired D-II Captain that looked like Larry Tait from Bewitched. What a jerk he was. Talk about a role model for the new D-I Captain, rule by intimidation becuase you can't rule by skill!!

:evil:

05-03-2007, 02:39 AM
BILLY BATTON FOR SHERIFF!!!

05-06-2007, 05:33 AM

He used to be my LT on the street. If he really does run, he will be a great Sheriff. A cop's cop

05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess the rumors are starting. We do need a new sheriff. I heard a retired police chief from the hillsborough county area is going to run. This guy is well liked by the people and deputies. I wish you guys would get together.

fldeputy
05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
I'd like to see some of these "alleged" candidates stop teasing people on sites like this and start getting the word out now about their platforms.....maybe addressing us through the FOP lodge.....

05-21-2007, 10:59 PM

He used to be my LT on the street. If he really does run, he will be a great Sheriff. A cop's cop

And I have known him since he was a CSO at HCSO.........please Pasco....take him. You may think he stands up for his troops, but I know of no assignment that has given him the knowledge to run a large Office like Pasco. In order for Pasco to make that move to the next level, they need a true professional in that Office.

05-24-2007, 05:35 AM

And I have known him since he was a CSO at HCSO.........please Pasco....take him. You may think he stands up for his troops, but I know of no assignment that has given him the knowledge to run a large Office like Pasco. In order for Pasco to make that move to the next level, they need a true professional in that Office.

I don't FB was ever a CSO

06-11-2007, 01:41 AM
check your facts, as he was in early 80's, became a deputy and left for the fire department, but was soon back

06-11-2007, 03:33 AM
You know what your statements sounds like you have been in another state or kiss a$# and you do not have the true FACTS about F.B from HCSO. 1- You guys fail to realize that Foster Brooks Bob had no where near the Qualifications to be Sheriff. 2- He was a kiddy cop that never worked for any real police department 3- Voters were tired of the B*&L S^%T from the past rejects sheriffs so they closed there eyes picked SOMEONE (BS) 4-So if you want to talk about qualifications FB makes this sheriff look like a tonka toy. 5- Can a real cop run this department any worse into the Fu%^@ng ground then someone who has no CLUE about law enforcement. If you guys just would have some fun do a public records check you would see the REAL PICTURE of our Sheriff the Rock Star wannabe. So to finish for now who could do ANY WORSE. As I said before I have worked with these idiots that we have in our admin. command they are no where close to even being real COPS. So thank about it. Can a person that is working for another SO(Real Police Work) be as bad as these former KIDDY COPS. So look at the FACTS and see what HCSO requires there personnel to be qualified (Education and Law enforcement training, etc. ITS VERY HIGH). SO rock on Baby the music is going to be played.

06-11-2007, 03:35 AM
You know what your statements sounds like you have been in another state or kiss a$# and you do not have the true FACTS about F.B from HCSO. 1- You guys fail to realize that Foster Brooks Bob had no where near the Qualifications to be Sheriff. 2- He was a kiddy cop that never worked for any real police department 3- Voters were tired of the B*&L S^%T from the past rejects sheriffs so they closed there eyes picked SOMEONE (BS) 4-So if you want to talk about qualifications FB makes this sheriff look like a tonka toy. 5- Can a real cop run this department any worse into the Fu%^@ng ground then someone who has no CLUE about law enforcement. If you guys just would have some fun do a public records check you would see the REAL PICTURE of our Sheriff the Rock Star wannabe. So to finish for now who could do ANY WORSE. As I said before I have worked with these idiots that we have in our admin. command they are no where close to even being real COPS. So thank about it. Can a person that is working for another SO(Real Police Work) be as bad as these former KIDDY COPS. So look at the FACTS and see what HCSO requires there personnel to be qualified (Education and Law enforcement training, etc. ITS VERY HIGH). SO rock on Baby the music is going to be played.

06-16-2007, 03:20 AM
amen you go boy, dont hold back.

06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
There is a lot more to being sheriff than just police work, especially in an agency that includes a detention center and has over 1000 employees.

There are political, legal, and organizational considerations that go into running a successful organization that go way beyond line supervision and middle management.

By the way, didn't Sheriff White work as a deputy and a state trooper (when backup was something only city cops had)?

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... DATES&pf=1 (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/724609051.html?dids=724609051:724609051&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Oct+26%2C+2004&author=STEVE+THOMPSON&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=11&desc=COUNTY+SHERIFF+%2F%2F+An+uphill+battle+Series %3A+KNOW+YOUR+CANDIDATES&pf=1)

Vague and personal attacks = personal and/or hidden agenda.

06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Thank you for yout input Troy. We know you are loyal and obedient.

Let Alvin know you did a good job, that way he can rub your belly before you are put to bed.

06-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Again -

Vague and personal attacks = personal and/or hidden agenda.

:wink:

07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
sounds like you know this lt from hillsborough who is he, why should we back him

I can tell you that I have worked for this Lt. and he is a leader. He backs his troops up and won't sell you out for any political gain. I live in Pasco and have friend's who work for your agency. The Lt. in question would do right by his people. I just wish we had more people like him. Loyalty is something hard to find in the field we have decide to devote our live's to.

Be safe and fight the good fight.

07-12-2007, 11:49 PM

I can tell you that I have worked for this Lt. and he is a leader. He backs his troops up and won't sell you out for any political gain. I live in Pasco and have friend's who work for your agency. The Lt. in question would do right by his people. I just wish we had more people like him. Loyalty is something hard to find in the field we have decide to devote our live's to.

Be safe and fight the good fight.

Hmmmmmm, sounds like this may end up being a crowded race after all!!! I sure hope he contacts the right people very soon!!!!! :wink:

07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
is he a republican? I don't think he will be able to hold a candle to the democrat who will be running.

07-31-2007, 08:45 PM

oh ya we are so much better off with .40 cal now. you didn't mention how great our radio system is over TPD, or how great our pay is.

You know WE need the .40 cal guns here because we don't have ENOUGH guys on the road to have back up...

Funny. Even people that are trying to come back with EXPERIENCE that COULD help back others up - has to be thought about - what kind of crap is that??? Hire as many people that are willing to work - maybe that would alleviate some of the "accidents" that are occuring. Ridiculous.

07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Rumor has it that Carlucci's has been sold to someone so that HE can focus on his campaign... FYI - Carl is a great guy - and has experience on the road.

08-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Not true. Carl sold Carluccis for personal reasons. There are others who will be running......stay tuned.

It is gonna get interesting!!!!!!!!

:wink:

09-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Is Young Blood still logging on? I am interested in what he has to say? It's been some time, is he still around? Who would blame him if he stopped. It is very time consuming weeding out the crap to get to some logical, useful information. I think I will go pull weeds in my yard instead!
Good luck with all this and please, please continue to do what you can to keep each other safe, your family and friends depend on you ALL to do that for each other. LIFE is bigger than all of this, try to enjoy it some.

09-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Wife , please go back to cooking and cleaning for your man.

09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, this deputy sure knows how to treat the ladies. You really should be embarrassed! She did not deserve that!

09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
HEARD THRU BUSINESS OWNER THAT A PASCO DEPUTY IS ABOUT
TO ANNOUNCE HE IS GOING TO RUN FOR SHERIFF. A REAL
COUNTRY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
PLEASE MAKE REF TO THE NEWLY ADDED ***SHERIFF 2008*** POST!

09-21-2007, 02:40 AM
You need 4 things to be a good Sheriff's.

1. NEVER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
2. BE FAIR AND JUST.
3. DO WHAT IS RIGHT, NOT JUST POLITICAL.
4. COMMUNICATE,COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE IF YOU MEAN WELL BUT IF NO ONE KNOWS IT DOESN'T DO ANYONE ANY GOOD.

WHAT IS SAD IS THAT MOST OF US REALLY LOVE OUR JOBS. WE JUST WANT THE SUPPORT AND RESOURCES TO DO IT.

I KNOW ALL THREE OF THE INDIVIDUAL THINKING OF RUNNING FOR SHERIFF OUT OF HILLSBOROUGH AND WOULD HAVE TO SAY 2 OF THE 3 ARE COPS COPS. BUT THEY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL, DUE TO THE POLITICS.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. GOD BLESS ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BLUE.

09-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Yes I have to agree with what you write there is real iron in your words. Pasco will have a new sheriff next round I just pray he serves the deputies well. We are crying for real leadership, not fools. tks hcso friend