PDA

View Full Version : No MDTs??

03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Somebody told me the other day that PBSO doesn't have laptop MDTs in their cars. Is that true?

03-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Somebody told me the other day that PBSO doesn't have laptop MDTs in their cars. Is that true?

That's right no MDT's. Bieluch had an offer to have the computers placed in the cars for free but turned it down because dell wanted to put a sticker on the back of our cars. Bradshaw is the only Sheriff to get the ball rolling and now there are 50 test computers out and about. We need some extra money and hopefully the county will give it to him. Until then, everything is still done by hand.

oldschool
03-07-2007, 03:35 AM
That is absolutely amazing.So everything is over the radio? What about maps and booking templates and ticket writers and CAD updates and all that other stuff? Wow. I have bee doing this for a number of years, and can remember when there were no computers, not even in the office, but I simply cannot imagine doing my job today without the ability to do my own calls, run my own tags, DL info, warrants, DAVID info, bolos, lists etc. from my laptop. Why is this not a budgeted item, especially for a metro area like Palm Beach County?

03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
We have a limited amount of MDC's now in use and more going into service each month as they can get them in service. They are the new panasonic tough books so I'm sure who told you we don't have the tech cause it's here and being used by some of us just all as of yet....

Been There, Done That
03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Be careful what we scream for.....While it will be GREAT to finally have the laptops, we will now have to use the HPC method (hunt-peck-cuss) and type our own reports eventually....no more dictation.....and typing out the rough and PC's and all the other forms we use. Personally I dont mind it, but others may.

03-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I heard That By 2008 the dictation personell position will be eliminated.

I also heard from a Sgt that we are getting the following.

LapTop MDT's either General Dynamics or Panasonic Toughbooks.

Systems we will receive are in this order.

CAD Dispatch call Info GPS Locaters all Cars
GPS Guidance to Call Destination

David

NCIC/FCIC/PALMS

Video Cameras Activated with CODE 3

Thermal Ticket Printers

And finally Laser Printers for reports very few of them as we will be paperless by fall of 2008.

If this is true the Sheriff Bradshaw is a Saint

Bradshaw is The Best Law Enforcement Admisistrator in the Nation

BAR NONE.

03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I heard That By 2008 the dictation personell position will be eliminated.

I also heard from a Sgt that we are getting the following.

LapTop MDT's either General Dynamics or Panasonic Toughbooks.

Systems we will receive are in this order.

CAD Dispatch call Info GPS Locaters all Cars
GPS Guidance to Call Destination

David

NCIC/FCIC/PALMS

Video Cameras Activated with CODE 3

Thermal Ticket Printers

And finally Laser Printers for reports very few of them as we will be paperless by fall of 2008.

If this is true the Sheriff Bradshaw is a Saint

Bradshaw is The Best Law Enforcement Admisistrator in the Nation

BAR NONE.

I have seen most of the system and it's amazing. I agree Bradshaw has done a great job. I'm not afraid to type my own reports because half the time when steno does it, they are incorrect. Stay safe.

03-23-2007, 02:03 PM
You must work south. Steno is too busy "riding" with deputies.

06-28-2007, 07:35 PM
still true...

06-28-2007, 07:44 PM
We've already lost our steno girl where I'm at.

06-28-2007, 11:34 PM
"That's right no MDT's. Bieluch had an offer to have the computers placed in the cars for free but turned it down because dell wanted to put a sticker on the back of our cars. "

Urban Legend. Not true.

06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
"That's right no MDT's. Bieluch had an offer to have the computers placed in the cars for free but turned it down because dell wanted to put a sticker on the back of our cars. "

Urban Legend. Not true.

It is true, I don't know where you get your facts from

06-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey Brucie and Father Ed......you guys is it true or not? But why would Dell computer give us 500 free laptops when they were messing over us on all the software and computers in the whole place?? Do you really think they needed the advertising in 2000??? NO ONE EVER HEARD OF DELL BEFORE THAT?? Must be. It's a rumor started by an instructor at PBJC who was running for sheriff that started all this. IT AIN"T TRUE. Come on Brucie let us know!!!!

06-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Hey Brucie and Father Ed......you guys read this SH# is it true or not? But why would Dell computer give us 500 free laptops when they were screwing us on all the software and computers in the whole place?? Do you really think they needed the advertising in 2000??? NO ONE EVER HEARD OF DELL BEFORE THAT?? Must be. It's a Friggin rumor started by an instructor at PBJC who was running for sheriff that started all this. IT AIN"T TRUE. Come on Brucie let us know!!!!

IT'S TRUE