PDA

View Full Version : religious bs

03-04-2007, 01:50 PM
why is it that everyone tries to mingle religion and the dept. to each thier own belief. im just tired of see religious postings on the bulletin board about this. that or another prayer group, church meeting, etc. who gives a shit. if u want to talk about that banter then do it outside of work. i wonder if i posted a meeting of cynical ppl to discuss bs events, under the guise of the dark side how ppl would react. my opinion is keep that shit out of work, because i do. im all for the religion, hell i believe in me, buy just not at work. come all ye faithful..and feel free to respond, because you will anyway.

03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
A hunter is out in the woods when he is attacked by large ferocious great grizzly. The hunter, who has never been religious begins frantically screaming for God. God intervenes and halts the attack but asks the hunter, after all these years why do you only call on me when you are in desperate need ? The hunter tells God that he only allows Gods word in only at appropriate times and places. The attack resumes, but first the great grizzly stops and smiles. The grizzly says Thank you God for the meal I am about to recieve. Good luck to you Mr. Why, Why,Why . I hope you dont go hunting.

Doc Holiday
03-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Although I do appreciate the paradox you muse of, but let me just say that your word is not our word. Your idea of god and the afterlife must be of the bible thumping southern baptist type, fire and brimstone as it were. Your fable is flawed in that a bear would not be accepted into the kingdom of heaven after its inevitable demise, as set forth by christian standards. There are no animals in heaven, save four horses to be named at a later date. But your short story is amusing, in its joke about a violent death. But the original poster's thought had merit and it was lost on your ultraconservative Jerry Fallwellian view. I too dont care to read of religion in my work place. Nor do I wish to see singles groups postings, gay and lesbian chat groups, or bible thumping halelujah brother session anouncements. But it is a free country and you need not attend. But how does this mans post illicit the ever so typical response from such a shallow person? I say well said "why why why," and shame on you "ISandman". However Mister ISandman, I'll be youre huckleberry if you want to meet Jesus. :)

Constantine
03-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Does it really bother you that much that you signed on to leo affairs just to b*tch about it? If something that simple bothers you must be fun to work with.

03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Fitting that you choose to quote a person that eventually died of a sexually transmitted disease.

Tell you what, although I respect your right to post on this board, I will call it nonsense and give it no future thought.

However, that concept is obviously one that you cannot do.

Your bulletin board argument may hold water if for some reason the posting was something that shocked the morale conscious or was degrading or demeaning etc. No, you don't come on here discuss that. You come on here and demand people stop posting on bulletin boards for something that you do not believe in but that does not demean, degrade, or shock the morale fiber of the country.

That would make you imposing your will on me, the very thing that you are upset about us "Christian's" doing to you. That makes you a hypocrite. Not surprising for someoen whe spews venom on leo affairs.

What I regret is that I felt it necessary to post on this site to discuss you for that is truly five minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Either way, I will pray for you that one day, you find peace and seperation from all the negative feelings you have.

L Ron Hubbard
03-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Or, read my book Dianetics by..................me!

Join me and my believers. Don't Tomkat & John appear deleriously happy?!

03-05-2007, 01:21 AM
why why why-You certainly have the right to post your beliefs in your stunningly articulate style even though you spew intolerance. That darn Constitution keeps the government (i.e. Sheriff Coats) from squelching the folks who post such notices on the board. There is, to be fair to you (although that is really hard) a lot of misunderstanding about notices involving, for example, Christian clubs, Meetings, etc. The law, as it currently exists, says that if the board is used for other meetings, notices, such as the Karate Club, the Horse-breaking Club, etc., then any club can post a notice of their meeting. So, if someone posts a note about something like a new baby, new wife, or the weekly poker game, other notes and notices-even those posted by those darn Christians-must be allowed.

Are you sure you aren't Glimmerman with a new name, but the same old, same old?

Doc Holiday
03-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes how fitting, I choose the name of a lost sheep, as it were, a hedonist for sure. But you may save your prayers oh good deed doer. For yours is the hypocracy that I want no part of. For you yourself are "praying" for me out of a selfish need. Your need to have your name scribbeled in the so called book of life. You are merely outfitting yourself with the armor of Jesus Christ so that you can go forth and be the light of Christ. For death may come at anytime, as it were, "like a thief in the night." Thesolonians perhaps? Pray for yourself for it is you who is scared of why lies next after this life, not I. I believe you have all blown the original posting way out of proportion, but that is what die hard christians do now isnt it. And least of all am I the hypocrite. I know what I am. You portray yourself as born again and all that. But you merely acting the roll. You cant cheat God brother, just yourself. So wrap yourself tightly in that imaginary armor, thump your bible every night, goto church 3 days a week and remember to tithe. You still will be the self imposing figure of an ignorant view on religion. And if you must throw out laws, look up seperation of church and state and see what that means.

03-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Maybe you should read up on what is actually said in the Constitution about the so called Seperation of Church and State. Last time I studied it, what it actually said in Amendment 1 is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This does not say church and state must remain seperate. It only says that Congress cannot say we all have to be Catholics or Buddists or any other one religion in particular nor can Congress prohibit people from exercising their religion. This was important to our founding fathers because many of them came to this country fleeing religious persecution.

This being said, I do respect your right to post that you do not like seeing posts from religious groups. This is obviously a topic of some importance to you. But please remember to respect their right to post things of interest to them.

03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I wonder if Doc Holiday called out to God while on his death bed ? maybe it wasnt an appropriate time just like the hunter, and mabe like the hunter, the answer was NO. I find it amusing that you have a little bit of knowledge about different religions, yet your so againts it.

Doc Holiday
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Love the person, hate the sin, as it were. Perhaps you've heard this before. We shall agree to disagree, and part friends. For I would despare if I felt we were not friends anymore. Are we still friends?

03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
In 1887, now prematurely gray and ailing badly, Holliday made his way to a hotel (the Hotel Glenwood) near the hot springs of Glenwood Springs, Colorado, hoping to take advantage of the reputed curative power of the waters. However, the sulfurous fumes from the spring may have done his lungs more harm than good, and Holliday eventually died in his hotel room, after being bedridden for two months.

In the end, it was tuberculosis that got Holliday, at the age of 36. Fifteen years after the doctors gave him only months to live, he died peacefully in his hotel bed. There is controversy about whether he formally converted to Catholicism before he died. He is known to have seen a priest in his final illness, but it is known that his funeral services were conducted by a Presbyterian minister (Holliday's father was Presbyterian), which makes it less likely that Holliday received sacraments as a Catholic. Holliday had been raised as a Methodist by his mother, and attended Methodist services as an adult, but his friend and first cousin Martha Anne "Mattie" Holliday, with whom he regularly corresponded throughout his life, had years earlier become a Catholic nun, and this may have been an influence. Holliday's long-time companion Big Nose Kate had also attended a convent school, and was probably Catholic.

03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
i guess the point was missed. oh well more religious babbling from christians whose point of view is stuck in a crusty book with 1000's old pages. i have no problem with the good book, i just think that some views can change with time. if u want i can write u all a new version and u can follow my rhetoric. hell ill take your money and spend it wisely on myself. ouch sorry thats already been done by many ppl. ok ill just write a more updated version, that is current with the times. i know im going to hell, but **** is it hotter than florida. ease up ppl you are slanting this post on religious zealot shit. just have a laugh and enjoy your life., or **** off

03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
why why why-I think YOU missed the point. Even Doc-and I find it hard to believe he's a LEO and not just a troll-got it. You may not like prayer requests, invitations or notices about some Christian meeting, but you don't have to like 'em-YOU don't get to censor anything. If you don't like them, just ignore them.

As to you writing a new book, you need some grammar, spelling and keyboard lessons first. Otherwise your book would be as enjoyable and clear as your posts.

Again, are you sure you're not a resurrected Glimmerman?

Lastly, on a serious note, you say you know you are going to hell. If that's true and not just some additional baloney you are spewing, have you thought about what you are saying? It's not like a prison sentence where you get out after a period of time. If you are serious and believe hell is your final destination, do something about it (ask one of those folks who posted on the board how to avoid hell). Of course if it was just baloney to be "cute," ignore this paragraph, too.

AlwaysRIGHT
04-17-2007, 05:26 AM
why is it that everyone tries to mingle religion and the dept. to each thier own belief. im just tired of see religious postings on the bulletin board about this. that or another prayer group, church meeting, etc. who gives a shizzat. if u want to talk about that banter then do it outside of work. i wonder if i posted a meeting of cynical ppl to discuss bs events, under the guise of the dark side how ppl would react. my opinion is keep that shizzat out of work, because i do. im all for the religion, hell i believe in me, buy just not at work. come all ye faithful..and feel free to respond, because you will anyway.

Hmmmm. My it's that "Constitution" BS.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;...

Go ahead and verbalize your thoughts on the issue at work if it bothers you. No one can really do anything about it.