PDA

View Full Version : Sad and Embarrassing

Rawdeal
03-03-2007, 03:56 PM
First, I would like to intially thank the individual impersonating David Concepcion for his array erroneous comments which have endeared us all. In the begginning you were amusing, but much like a comedy movie which produced too many sequels, you have become dull and irksome. You had a good run at it but redundance has been you undoing.

I have always been proud of what I have achieved througout my career. When I initally became an officer, I like most of you, was radiating with pride. Keep in mind when I first arrived in Hialeah, the situation here was far worse than our current one suggests. In any event, I was prideful to be a Hialeah Officer. After so many years here, the nonsense that has plagued our department has taken it's toll. I sincerely have a problem when our department is considered the laughing stock of Dade County. What makes it especially difficult is when our department is composed of many great officers and supervisors who really care. I am cognizant of the fact that we do have a few bad seeds, but all departments share that
concern.

I am at crossroad in my career when I must make the decision to stay or leave. The only thing I would sorely miss would be the fine men and women that I have worked here with. I ashamed and embarrassed for both our chiefs who entertains and succumbs to the orders of the Chief of Staff, David Concepcion. This individual has no idea what police work entails yet they respond to his every whim. I realize that running a police department is political, but come on, have some self pride and respect. Allowing this to continue gradually reduces the moral of those around you and actually many here are embarrassed for you.

Most department heads have put him in his place, but not ours. How ironic that the police department heads cannot or refuse to handle a civilian kid who has been granted some authority. While our city is plagued with serious crimes, the priorties continue to be petty entities which are not attacked in an effective manner. If you seriously want to eliminate the panhandler, trucks parked in a residential, skate boarders, and all those other so called priorties, then develop a cohesive plan to resolve the dilemma. We need to stop this bandaid approach which accomplishes nothing. A serious problem which has plagued us for years is that our deparment heads are affraid to voice their humble opinions. Right or wrong everthing is responded with, "Yes sir, right away sir"! No questions asks and no input is ever provided.

Realize this, no matter who the sector one commander is and as long as zone one is saturated with ALFs, pandhandlers and prostitues will continue to exist. If you do not want vendors, stop licensing them and develop an ordinace that prohibits it. Trucks parked on the swale can be addressed by patrol but those parked on drive ways need to be fined by the city. If these quality of life issues are such a pressing matter, take a page out of the county and develop a unit similar to Team Metro.

I realize take homes and other benefits are important but at least to me it is issues like this which drive us away or just cause us to lose faith and stop caring.

Sorry if there are any typos or mistakes I do not feel like proofreading.

03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
First, I would like to initially thank the individual impersonating David Concepcion for his array erroneous comments which have endeared us all. In the beginning you were amusing, but much like a comedy movie which produced too many sequels, you have become dull and irksome. You had a good run at it but redundancy has been you undoing.

I have always been proud of what I have achieved throughout my career. When I initially became an officer, I like most of you, was radiating with pride. Keep in mind when I first arrived in Hialeah, the situation here was far worse than our current one suggests. In any event, I was prideful to be a Hialeah Officer. After so many years here, the nonsense that has plagued our department has taken it's toll. I sincerely have a problem when our department is considered the laughing stock of Dade County. What makes it especially difficult is when our department is composed of many great officers and supervisors who really care. I am cognizant of the fact that we do have a few bad seeds, but all departments share that
concern.

I am at crossroad in my career when I must make the decision to stay or leave. The only thing I would sorely miss would be the fine men and women that I have worked here with. I ashamed and embarrassed for both our chiefs who entertains and succumbs to the orders of the Chief of Staff, David Concepcion. This individual has no idea what police work entails yet they respond to his every whim. I realize that running a police department is political, but come on, have some self pride and respect. Allowing this to continue gradually reduces the moral of those around you and actually many here are embarrassed for you.

Most department heads have put him in his place, but not ours. How ironic that the police department heads cannot or refuse to handle a civilian kid who has been granted some authority. While our city is plagued with serious crimes, the priorities continue to be petty entities which are not attacked in an effective manner. If you seriously want to eliminate the panhandler, trucks parked in a residential, skate boarders, and all those other so called priorities, then develop a cohesive plan to resolve the dilemma. We need to stop this band aid approach which accomplishes nothing. A serious problem which has plagued us for years is that our department heads are afraid to voice their humble opinions. Right or wrong everything is responded with, "Yes sir, right away sir"! No questions asks and no input is ever provided.

Realize this, no matter who the sector one commander is and as long as zone one is saturated with ALFs, panhandlers and prostitutes will continue to exist. If you do not want vendors, stop licensing them and develop an ordinance that prohibits it. Trucks parked on the swale can be addressed by patrol but those parked on drive ways need to be fined by the city. If these quality of life issues are such a pressing matter, take a page out of the county and develop a unit similar to Team Metro.

I realize take homes and other benefits are important but at least to me it is issues like this which drive us away or just cause us to lose faith and stop caring.

Sorry if there are any typos or mistakes I do not feel like proofreading.

RAWDEAL, YOU AND YOUR LIKE MINDED FELLOW OFFICERS ARE THE REASON WHY THE HIALEAH POLICE IS AS EFFECTIVE TACKLING MAJOR CRIMES. THE HELL WITH ****cepcion, KEEP DOING YOUR BEST! WE THE CONCERNED CITIZENS OF HIALEAH APPRICIATE YOU!

03-03-2007, 06:53 PM
RAWDEAL,

I do not agree with your comment about being the laughing stock of the county. HPD cops have a very good reputation around the county and I am still proud when interacting with cops from other departments. I'm sure you meant that city hall is the laughing stock of the county. That will never change

03-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree a lot with you Rawdeal. The other guy that said we are not the laughing stock of Miami-dade County must be hiding under a tree somewhere. I am not saying we think we are, I am saying we are regarded by other agencies as inferior and just plain crapy police department. Yes I know that many of you would say screw what they think. But remember that when everyone thinks the same thing there have to be some reasons why?

Our Cheif is very hard on our command staff and keeps them on a very tight rope. Remember that our command staff do not think in terms of what they think is better. When a decesion comes up the only thing they think is what would the Cheif want done in that particular situation and nothing else.

As far as respect and professionalism I think we are just a nocth above Opa-Locka. Yeah that sounds bad, but truly compare one day. We laugh but we are at the bottom when it comes to being a top nocth department.

Again these are only my opinions, but the last couple of times I was at a school or training with other departments they crinch when you say you work for Hialeah. I am not putting down the personnel, God knows we do a lot with what we got. But even the best people can only do so much in a badly run organization.

03-04-2007, 02:00 AM
DON'T CARE,

First of all, you should change your user name as to not totally dismiss anything you post on the site from the onset.

Secondly, I'm not under a tree. I'm up front and center and all up in everyone's kool aid. Perhaps when you were at training and said you were from Hialeah, they were not cringing at HPD but at you and how you carried yourself.

I'm not upholding HPD to other departments based on national accreditation, training, etc. I know that we are neck and neck when it comes to handling business (Real cop work). Something City of Miami, Hialeah and MDPD Northside District cops understand. Go ask those guys what they think of HPD and they know we take care of business. Who cares what some 'tool' from a mickey mouse dept. thinks of where you work at. One of the reasons they didn't come to a bigger dept. was because of their own failures.

03-04-2007, 02:48 AM
For what is worth, from 1972 through 1976, I was a Central District (now Northside), Public Safety Department (now MDPD) cop. In those days, when the S@*# hit the fan, you couldn't find a better 15 than Hialeah's and/or Miami's. Hialeah has always been home to seriously hardcore cops, and I am proud to have been on the same scenes with them! You have alot of history in your department, be proud of whom you are, no matter what!

03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Get A grip & get a life!!! Hialeah officers are NOT a laughing stock of anyone.. We have officer that do stupid things & the word get around. Every Dept. has one or two stupid officer's. The jokes are usally about 5000 & 100. If you as a Hialeah officer are letting other Dept. bad mouth us, then you should leave & go work for them. You have no Hialeah Pride!!

03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm proud to be a cop, mostly a Hialeah cop. I've been through the ringer and can tell you its not all that bad inside there. Few of my co-workers can say they've experienced the same, and I'm glad for them. I do realize what I'm saying when I say I'm proud to be a Hialeah cop. Its the kind of pride you get when the county ends up in a chase and come through hialeah. If you've ever been in one you'll find the senior county officers saying,"I knew it wouldn't last much longer with Hialeah on the scene". We've always been know as the guys who take care of business.
I too am at a crossroads in my carreer. Almost at my 10th year I have a family decision to make. I now need to make as much as the other guy, family and mariage does that to a guy. I'm not willing to leave yet because I feel the admin owes me alittle something before I go. I'm not better than anyone else, just think my scars are worth a bit more than my 1 percent fund.
I feel for the citizens of Hialeah who have been so mis-informed for so many years. Who have let the administrators of our fair city cloud thier judgement for longer than they themselves can remember.
Read this carfully Mr. C. For if you are who you say you are, I remember you when you were just a little kid, disliked by the majority of your schoolmates, and picked on like what you've finally turned out to be, a red headed step child.
Don't lose your way, we are the warriors of modern times. Fight with your hearts till the fight is won, fight with your minds after the fight. Remember, the farthest you can be pushed measures your self worth, for all other problems there are always arbitrations. If caught in that case, call Doug H. he'll help.

03-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm proud to be a cop, mostly a Hialeah cop. I've been through the ringer and can tell you its not all that bad inside there. Few of my co-workers can say they've experienced the same, and I'm glad for them. I do realize what I'm saying when I say I'm proud to be a Hialeah cop. Its the kind of pride you get when the county ends up in a chase and come through Hialeah. If you've ever been in one you'll find the senior county officers saying,"I knew it wouldn't last much longer with Hialeah on the scene". We've always been know as the guys who take care of business.
I too am at a crossroads in my career. Almost at my 10th year I have a family decision to make. I now need to make as much as the other guy, family and marriage does that to a guy. I'm not willing to leave yet because I feel the admin owes me a little something before I go. I'm not better than anyone else, just think my scars are worth a bit more than my 1 percent fund.
I feel for the citizens of Hialeah who have been so misinformed for so many years. Who have let the administrators of our fair city cloud their judgement for longer than they themselves can remember.
Read this carefully Mr. C. For if you are who you say you are, I remember you when you were just a little kid, disliked by the majority of your schoolmates, and picked on like what you've finally turned out to be, a red headed step child.
Don't lose your way, we are the warriors of modern times. Fight with your hearts till the fight is won, fight with your minds after the fight. Remember, the farthest you can be pushed measures your self worth, for all other problems there are always arbitration. If caught in that case, call Doug H. he'll help.

That's what I am talking about! Hialeah COPs are an integral part of the Miami-Dade County Law Enforcement Family! Brothers and Sisters of the badge, united in one common calling, serving and defending our fellow citizens!

Rawdeal
03-05-2007, 06:08 AM
I never intended the comment of laughing stock to include the officers who are the foundation of our department. Hialeah Police Department is just the name and other departments view us as inferior. It is not because of the officers but mostly because of our leaders, their views, and the missing benefits that we do not share with other departments. Whenever I have posed a valid response concerning a problem we are to address, the answer always is, "Oh, they don't want to hear that"! No communication whatsoever. All you have to do is look around and see if you can spot any laterals from any respectable agency. I can tell you no. How many have we lost to other agencies?? Many. Hialeah Police is composed of fine men and women who are eager to see positive changes. I do not think that our officers are the laughing stock in no way, shape, or form. I just pray that we see changes before we lose more officers.

03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
The Mayor is a politician. Have you ever known one to give out money for free. We the "officer's" know what are jobs are & what it takes to get it done. As long as the command staff does not push the issues,& they won't. Nothing is going to happen. I myself am planning on leaving when I make 10 years. I have a family & bills just like everyone else. I dont want or need the headaches from work. I will go somewhere else making more money with yes a take home. The headaches are the same everywhere, but the the extra money will let me buy more asprin.. All the Mayor is doing is putting a patch on the sinking ship.. Hire more officers, hire more officers.. GREAT!!! we love that, we need them. If we hire 30 & 20 leave what have you really done. Hialeah PD has become a training center for other dept's.

03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
it has been this way for the past 10 years or so and is not going to be changing any time soon.....rather we are loosing more people in the next few weeks

03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Your comments are really worth throwing up and recycling all of you GED'rs out of the Hialeah Police Department. You are not the laughing stock of the County!!! Get real. You losers could not get one officer from a respectful police department to transfer to HPD! I would love to see just one officer from a prestiges department like Miami-Dade or Miami Beach want to come to the "Police Coffee Drinking Capital of the World!!!" Personnaly I think we should advertise "Juan Valdez" Coffee stickers on the back of each one of your shirts. For you GED'rs that is what is called a money making scheme! Money making because most of you are a drag to our great city.

I was just doing the numbers the other day and it is ridiculous how many of you fat cops are raising our insurance. If we could just implement an IQ test and a fat test we could probably get rid of most of you.

All you little cops talk so much, but no one answers my questions because deep down you know I am right. Look at you clowns you are not even CALEA certified. You know why because CALEA has standards that 90% of you clowns would not meet, like reading and grammer tests for starters!!!

So keep whinning but you will still do excatly what we at city hall tell you too because all you guys do is talk. Raul proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. You remind me of inmates that keep telling each other that one day they are going to refuse to go to the highway to pick up trash, yet they wake up bright and early every day for 20 years to go pick up trash.

Also please stop telling yourselfs how great cops you are. You are the biggest joke in South Florida Law Enforcement. Here is a question for you. What is the difference bewteen a Hialeah Cop and an Opa-Locka Cop?

The Opa-Locka Cop knows how to speak proper spanish!!!! I crack myself up. Me getting old? The only thing getting old is having to e-mail your chief so he can put you in line! So you will keep doing my Palm Ave details and large trucks parked in residentials areas details. Tell yourselfs what you wish if it makes you feel better, but as long as you do what I say you will continue to have a job.

By the way it was so funny last hurricane to see you clowns driving to work in your personal cars. I think that day I lost what little respect I had for you clowns. I least I would have the dignity to tell my boss that I would refuse to drive my personnal car during a hurricane!!! But you clowns are so afriad that if you get fired no other department will touch you because you have been labeled a Hialean GED'rs that you wipe the floor when your masters tell you too. Even though I do not respect most of you for God's sake have some pride and dignity and stand up for something at least once. Even I hate to boss around such creatures with a broken spirit, it is not fun.

:twisted: :evil:

03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
You wrote: "I was just doing the numbers the other day and it is ridiculous how many of you fat cops are raising our insurance. If we could just implement an IQ test and a fat test we could probably get rid of most of you. "

Me and the "Large Fellow" from sector 1 have just talked and decided that we are not going to take this kind of abuse anymore. We are going to start recruiting others like us. Meatball, The Fence, Beetle, and others: We're coming for you.

I know your goal would be for all of us to look like Slim Shady through barbaric methods. Look at what you did to the Large People of Dispatch.

03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Mr. Rawdeal you think I repeat myself too much. The only clowns who repeat their coffee drinking habits are HPD officers. I am sick of having to apologize to our fine citizens for your behaviors or lack there’re off. Every time I see a citizen they are always complaining how a police officer did not help them out or did not want to write them report. This is unacceptable.

I command you to write a report to any citizen that demands one, that is not a request. What can be so hard about putting a couple of sentences together? Oh that’s right I forgot you guys are GED’rs. I am sorry; in reality you are not lazy you are just intimidated about having to write a couple of sentences!

:twisted: :evil:

03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
My fellow officers, as part of our strategy to force this stubborn administration to give in to TAKE HOME CARS, let us double our visits to the many cafeterias in our city and in between cafecitos, convince the people that it is in their best interest if we get the THCs.

More to come on our private forum, stay tuned!