PDA

View Full Version : Cars

03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Why do we continue to fall short with vehicles again? Unfortunately the fleet falls under fat boy with stripes. He was a poor SRO and now an inadequate supervisor. The deal is we have no equipment and thing are starting to fall at the wayside. I quote againin my earlier posting, this department puts a lack of time before experience. Future leaders must be developed and evaluated through time just like any military. If I remember this was discussed years prior. This again was thrown away because it made too much sense and was not prior practice, the excuse of our present supervisor and union leaders.

The vote to discuss the chief’s demise is up for discussion. I have been hearing the talk about black and white being thrown around. I don't know if this is the right time, but I can agree that this man has no intention or did he ever have any insight in running this department. I get disgusted when I hear racial talk when you all know that the Chief is incompetent and so is Chief Martin. Stop comparing apples and duds. Lets try to look at the entire picture people

03-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Stop CRYING like a Small Child, I worked for your agency for Seven years and never once had a new car or computer or car mounted radio, a choice of shift and a multitude of assignments too choice from.

MDSPD has come a long way and I was there in the beginning of the beginning, ushering in the FOP and fighting for you guys and gals even when my job was on the line. You should be very proud on where MDSPD is today.

You have almost unlimited overtime and extra-duty and all of it counts toward you retirement. There are men and women doing your job and in some cases even more difficult police work than you in north Florida and they are only making a third of your salary or about $10 to $11 per hour. Visit the state talk to other P.O.’s, about their pay, benefits and equipment you will realize how fortunate you are. Some of you guys and gals in So FLA especially Miami-Dade are spoiled

I just think you should be thankful for all you have. Stay Safe

And if anyone spots the Furry Lady in Hialeah or Miami Springs you know who to call!!

03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks again for those encouraging words and I too was there when times were hard. At Least I can hold myself proud for never leaving and as a board member fighting for those things that we have now. If we didn’t have people like me and supporters who believe that change is inevitable, things would have never gotten better. I cannot stand people who except things as they are and except such low standards.

I’m sorry to have lost you from our department, but maybe you needed to go somewhere were they treated you worse. Up north is bad, your right, but when I read your message you reminded me of the old fools in our department who hated change and would not believe the FOP would get a better salary, equipment, and respect from the other departments.