PDA

View Full Version : S.T.R.E.S.S.

03-02-2007, 01:17 AM
So the FOP has created a committee to rename the STRESS report. Does anyone know how this came about? All these years people having to take unneccessary classes just because they are on the STRESS report? And if the wanted changed why dont thay say what they want it changed to? How about they just change the criterias. More productuctive officers are far more likely to get on the STRESS report than ZERO's.....

03-05-2007, 12:40 PM
COPS SHOULD READ THE SOUTH MIAMI PD WAY

OFFCIERS RESPONSE TO SUBJECTS AGGRESSION
FORM COP IS NO GOOD

03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
here are my suggestions:

Non-Compliant Suspect Report
Officer's Response to Resistance
Suspect Resistance Report
Suspect Non-Compliance Report
Resisting Arrest Report
Arrest Resistance Report

03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
People, the question here is not what to rename the Supervisor's Report of Control of Persons. The question here is what to rename the System To Recognize Early Symptoms of Stress. Which is a report that is generated every quarter and again at the end of the year by the Internal Affairs Unit. This system uses a variety of criterias to generate a list of officer's that may be experiencing stress based on fulfillmeants of the criterias. And the I A sop lists such criterias.

Some of the criterias are 6 or more COP's utilizing ADS, or 4 COP's and two beefs, or 6 COP's and a form of discipline or a combination thereof and there are many other criterias that are listed in the IA/Discipline process SOP. The name of THAT report is what they want to change.

STRESS is an acronym for such report. However some officers think that this report has a negative connotation to it. So that report is what they are looking for an alternative name for.

IDEAS?

03-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Here's an idea. Recognizing that "stress" is a very dangerous emotional condition which can lead to various forms of officer problems, I've devised a new way to measure "stress." Since COP's, or injury, or anything else police-work-related had never and will never cause me "stress," I've decided to enumerate what should trigger the "S.T.R.E.S.S." report from now on. Lets say any combination of four of the following within a 12 month period should trigger "S.T.R.E.S.S."

1-Any new useless "community enhancement" detail mentioned at roll call.
2-Any roll call attended by the Chief and other brass that in any way mentions "what a great job" we are doing after the fourth day of alpha-bravo staffing.
3-Any time the word "citizen contact" is mentioned.
4-Any time someone mentions that another squad has better "overlap stats."
5-Any time a new law enforcement directive comes out such as "changing your voicemail greeting."
6-Any time someone has to go past the door leading to the Captain's offices for any reason.
7-Any time you receive a message that your e-mail box is full and you have to empty it out when you don't even have a city laptop.

As you can plainly see, "stress" for me does not come from doing my job as a cop, which may involve the use of force from time to time. For me, "stress" comes from within the four walls of the station. So if anyone really wants to help, they will change the criteria for "stress" early warning to things that actually cause "stress", such as spending an inordinate amount of time on thinking of a new name for the "s.t.r.e.s.s." report. Darn, I think I just got my first incident for the year.

03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Moderators delete another, to support their own. Bobby & :cry: Bill

MOD 335
03-06-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm sorry you feel that we moderators are supporting anybody in particular. We are not. A post from this thread was recently removed because it was incoherent and did nothing to further the discussion. You are welcome to gather your thoughts and re-post your message in a way that expresses a cogent thought. If it is not a blatant slam and does not violate the terms of use, it will be left on. You are free to express whatever opinions you may have so long as it falls within the terms of use of this website.

03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
MOD335, sorry, you're wrong. You have no just cause to remove something which is "incoherent." If it's libelous or otherwise illegal, fine. You are supposed to know the law, right? If all the incoherent posts were removed from this site, you could fit the whole thing on a matchbook, pretty much. I would make a general recommendation to my brothers and sisters in law enforcement to spend less time in the gym and more in the library. Perhaps you will not look so foolish when you attempt to put your thoughts into writing. Your brains are the most powerful tool available to you in the performance of your jobs. MOD335, please allow the mouth-breathers to speak freely and expose themselves for the hollow shells that they are.

MOD 335
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Guest,

Here are some quotes from the Terms of Use:

"In submitting Messages to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended."

"LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Materials to Forums and to edit, restrict, or remove such Messages for any reason at any time."

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively."

We do our best to allow posts to exist when they further the discussion in that particular topic thread. However, we will continue to monitor the boards for content that at the very least is legible. As I mentioned previously, the person who submitted the post is welcome to gather his thoughts and re-post his message in a readable manner. Proper grammar and spelling are preferred but not required. The only thing we ask is that whatever you write make sense to anyone who may choose to read it.

Any further comments on this issue, please begin a new topic thread because this one is dedicated to the S.T.R.E.S.S. report.

03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Perhaps then what is needed is someone who is more of a law enforcement professional and less of a supernanny.

03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Watching someone who never passed a Lieutenants test high enough become a Major.

Watching Angel in action.

Finding out that Sliman can "get physical" without consequence.

YesCop
03-09-2007, 03:32 AM
COPS SHOULD READ THE SOUTH MIAMI PD WAY

OFFCIERS RESPONSE TO SUBJECTS AGGRESSION
FORM COP IS NO GOOD
Can someone translate this for me. This must have been written after visiting the Martinibar....