PDA

View Full Version : HCSO - the good and the bad?

03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Those of you at HCSO...

What do you like about the agency? What do you dislike? How are the "politics" at your agency?

And....

Are you actively hiring?

Do you have many overtime/off-duty opportunities? Is it a set rate or do you get paid timex1/2?

Hiring those with experience - do you have equivalency pay?

I guess that's it for now. I hope I get some responses!!! (crossing fingers!)

Thanks guys (and gals, I'm sure there's got to be some!) :wink:

03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
The politics are bad....its either in the in crowd or you are on theout crowd.if you just want to do your job and go home and never go up the ranks ,then its good.if you want to suck butt then hang out in your hi tecs on the weekend painting the brasses fence,then u might go places.i remember a couples years ago weh nin every read off they said the only way you will get promoted is if you volunteer in the community and promote the sheriffs office...what a joke..are we cops or salesman.???

03-03-2007, 08:29 AM
To the original poster, this is not a bad place to work. You seem to be an L.E. veteran so i don't have to tell you that there is politics involved no matter where you go.

The sheriff did state a couple of years ago that the key to succeding in this agency was community involvement, but many people have been promoted and transfered here without socializing with the "in" crowd.

If one wants to be transfered here, the sergeant in charge of the particular unit usually has the strongest voice. Yes, politics do play a part here, but one can advance by producing a solid work product and maintaining a positive attitude(though it may take longer).

03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I apologize for being off, but to answer you questions:

O.T. not so much.

Off duty details are plentiful. $23.00 per hour, 2 hr minimum.

We are actively hiring.

Experiance may get you a step or two. Starting pay is approx 37k(PLUS HOLIDAYS) in change. Approx. 1K a year per step.