PDA

View Full Version : PALM BEACH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Check us out at www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org)

Starting is around 45,000.

No state tax or city.

Take home car

No contribution to the pension

25 years retire 75%

05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I have work for P.B.S.O. for many years and over all its a great dept. I have worked over the years with many NYPD officers who now work for the S.O. and they have said it's a better place to work over all ref. retirement,takehome vehicles. just be careful the cost of living is going through the roof. You don't want to move down here and get stuck living in a getto or a area with a lot of gang members. remember the grass is always greener on the the side. Respectfully Old Timer (raised in Ney York transplanted as a kid to S. Florida :)

05-28-2007, 10:04 PM
I have work for P.B.S.O. for many years and over all its a great dept. I have worked over the years with many NYPD officers who now work for the S.O. and they have said it's a better place to work over all ref. retirement,takehome vehicles. just be careful the cost of living is going through the roof. You don't want to move down here and get stuck living in a getto or a area with a lot of gang members. remember the grass is always greener on the the side. Respectfully Old Timer (raised in Ney York transplanted as a kid to S. Florida :)
I don't think NY is any cheaper.

06-30-2007, 03:16 AM
PBSO is going under....they cant even fix the contract or hire. Looks like lay-offs there. If your interested in South Florida look our way. I am in no way a huge BSO advicate but I do know that we get raises every year and new equiptment when needed. Sheriff.Org

07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
PBSO is going under....they cant even fix the contract or hire. Looks like lay-offs there. If your interested in South Florida look our way. I am in no way a huge BSO advicate but I do know that we get raises every year and new equiptment when needed. Sheriff.Org

LOL yea right!NO THERE WILL NOT BE ANY CUTBACKS!!!! I have been here for 27 years and know the Sheriff personally. The contract will be honored, and as of now he is only getting 15 million less than what he was asking for. The Sheriff over budgeted for a reason, he's not dumb. I will send you the E-mail from him and the union saying the pay and contract will be honored, if need be he will cut other programs to make sure his deputies get paid. We are one of the wealthiest counties in Florida and God strike me dead if I'm lying to you. Please stop posting BS about our agency on this board. Please read the below link:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=23222

Again PBSO Sheriff will honor his contract. I'm asking you honor our request and not post bogus information about our agency. If you have questions come to our board and speak to us. I absolutely hate when false information is passed about ones agency. Stay safe. BSO is a joke with a joke Sheriff. Our Sheriff is getting the 15 million extra he needs per the Gov of Florida. Please BSO, stop with the lies.

10-21-2007, 06:12 AM
Yeah BSO LOL. What a joke. PBSO is the way to go or maybe Martin County.

01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is the way to go.

02-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is the way to go.hahahaha.. good one

02-27-2008, 03:50 AM
Yeah BSO LOL. What a joke. PBSO is the way to go or maybe Martin County.
My d1ck is bigger than your d1ck..

10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Stay in NYPD I worked both NYPD and now here and NYPD is 1000 times better, yeah you get a take home car here but god forbid you cut someone off in traffic or your speding on 95 your in big trouble no union rep. union is a dirty word here. You have to build up your vac time a few hours a week you get 10 sick days a year and if you use all 10 you will be in internal affairs, no such thing as banging in and you better not go sick the day before or after your swing or your in trouble. If your wife or any other family member gets pulled over for anything they are getting a ticket "if they tell them your a Deputy they will get 2 tickets" Please dont make the mistake I made and got stuck with stay in NYPD.

mod 485
01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
stay put

01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
pbso is a bunch of guys that were born on third base and thought they hit a tripple. anyone not willing to admit that their dept. has flaws is wearing blinders.
bottom line: there is no perfect dept., stay put and get your ret.

02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Just take a look at these comments being left by LE down here in Florida. this should give you a pretty good idea of what you would be getting yourself into. I work for BSO, it's OK. You get out of it what you put in. I know a few guys who work PBSO, and it SOUNDS like they might have a better thing going on up there, but who really knows.
We have HUGE budget problems down here right now. We get paid pretty well and our benefits are great, but I don't see many pay raises in our near future. If guys would just stop all the *****in, and just do their jobs and do them properly, we might start to be respected by the public again. I just read a story about a Colorado State Trooper who gave a guy a jaywalking ticket after he saved like 3 people from getting hit by a PU truck. Guys.....come on.......COMMON SENSE!!!! We are our own worst enemy down here.

PS...some of the NYPD you have sent us are real slugs by the way. Some are great, but the slugs always seem to stand out in a crowd.