PDA

View Full Version : pay raise

02-28-2007, 12:34 AM
i want my raise now :evil:

03-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I HEARD WE ARE GETTING A LARGE RAISE AND I AM LOVING IT.

03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
What kind of work do you guys do to deserve a raise? There are hardly any calls in NP. Oh I also heard someone gave a person a speeding ticket for going 17 mph in a 15 mph school zone. Is that true? That guy should be ashamed.

03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Certainly not true, It's all public record look it up before you make yourself look stupid. Speaking of looking stupid, NPPD answered 44,000 calls last year. Compare that to Venice 20,000. Again check your facts before you open your mouth. It MIGHT make you look less stupid!

03-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I know right? I mean according to FDLE stats, North Port has double the service calls, because they have double the population, and I imagine twice the manpower too! But hey i'm the idiot I forgot. Not the one who is making his department look cooler by using Venice as a reference point...

03-02-2007, 09:39 PM
What do we do that makes us deserve a raise. I am not sure but I think we have the most dangerous job in the city on a daily basis. And if you are one of the people that got a ticket from us too bad. That is just part of keeping North Port safe. We have a reputation that if you get stopped for speeding you are more likely to get a citation than not. That is life and part of keeping North Port safe. And if you speed in a school zone and you get a citation too bad pal. That is why there are school zones, to keep the kids safe from the rest of the reckless people that do not care. I think we should make a substantial amount more that 99% of the city employees due to our job description. Really, even the Fire Department won't go on most of their calls until the NPPD arrives, they stage in the area if there is the slightest bit of danger. So I answered your question and only gave you a tiny amount of examples. If you need more bend over and pull your head out of your ass!

03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
YOU WANT WANT KIDS SAFE THEN WIDEN ROADS MAKE SIDE WALKS AND HEY HERE IS AN IDEA STEET LIGHTS. I THINK MOST CITIES HAVE STREET LIGHTS BUT WE ARE NOT A CITY.

03-03-2007, 04:15 AM
You are an idiot. In all cities and counties kids are dropped off on the street. That is why school zones are in every neighborhhod around the county. Street lights do nothing in the daylight moron. North Port is not the only city or county area to not have street lights. Do you ever get out? You have to be the most ignorant person around. Do us all a favor and move some where else like Charlottle County. Oh wait they don't have street lights and sidewalks either. Moron!

03-03-2007, 04:18 AM
There is the problem, you tried to think. Do us all a favor, don't do it. But hey if you are so smart try and run for city government. If you did not read the title of the web site it is called LEO affairs. Translation, Law Enforcement matters, not you own city agenda. I'm sure if you start up your own web site you will get some feedback. Good luck.

03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Maybe you do need a raise, I mean writing a ticket for 17 in a 15 really means your all about revenue collection. How bout the North Port Apparent Tax Collection Authority? Remember when we had discretion as police officers? Bunch of robots.

03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
when your force is writing tickets all of the time thats a clue there are not enough calls to go to, hence small town agency :lol: folks its norht port not a big city give them a break.

03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
I just found this site and have been reading lots of articles. I have lived in Charlotte County for quite some time and have worked for CCSO for awhile now. I have always felt that NPPD was a step above, just by the comments you hear on a day to day basis. People know not to speed in your town, they know if they break the law, their probably going to get caught. They also know the agency does not play with criminal offenders. How would you like the flip side of that coin. Where I live people do what they want. They drive as fast as they want, road rage is crazy here. I watch this everyday I go to work and wonder why we don't have un-marked cars out here doing what needs to be done. We are told to give warnings instead of tickets, that just lets the public know it's OK to speed, you're only going to get your wrist slapped. I would love to work for an agency like yours, but I have more than four years in with CCSO and I'm at an age that I can't walk away from the retirement issue. No matter what others say about the work you officers are doing, I have heard it for a long time, you don't mess around in North Port, you should be proud of that and not have to deal with the image we have to. We have a lot of great people working for our agency, but not enough people running the place with open minds and open door policies. I'm sorry for being so long winded, but you people have a great reputation and don't forget it, and I hope you get what your worth, because you are doing your job, not just playing the part. If you don't believe me, just drive on 41 thru North Port, then dare to drive 41 or 776 in Port Charlotte and see what I'm talking about.

03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
well since we have nothing else to do yes we enforce traffic thats all and its frankly boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just like this town :cry:

i am sure ccso is a lot more busy then sleeping north port.

03-15-2007, 03:47 AM
I want to know how you can justify being the highest paid officers between Tampa and Naples if your raises go through. Someone please explain that one to me.

03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
If you are so bored, you should come to CCSO, we are so short-handed that you would definately stay busy. What I'm saying is that because of your agency's reputation, that you don't hand out warnings for everything, people think twice about doing things in your neck of the woods, compared to ours. That is what you should be proud of, because your reputation helps curtail problems, we on the other hand don't enjoy that luxury. Our sheriff has to stay friends with his public for political reasons, and that at times ties up our officers hands on issuing proper tickets instead of warnings. Warnings do nothing to eliminate the problem on the streets, it just makes us look like were easy and that creates more harm than good. Enjoy your sleepy little town while you can, or join our organization. Iwould rather have the reputation that you will get nailed for doing something wrong, than getting slapped on the wrist. Stay safe out there!!!!!!

03-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I want to know how you can justify being the highest paid officers between Tampa and Naples if your raises go through. Someone please explain that one to me.

Look at the crime rate in this city. Compare North Port to other city with similar population of 50,000. We have very professional officers that dedicate alot of themselves into keeping this city safe. That is why you want to keep the pay scale up. If you have lower pay you will find officers do not care and are less willing to go that extra mile if they feel they are being screwed. You will on get the bottom of the barrel officer to apply and have no choice but to take them to fill all of the vacancies you will have that come along with low pay.

03-16-2007, 05:12 PM
this town and i mean town not city will be bankrupt in a year this place is a mess. if you are a new cop go some where else. :shock:

03-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Where do you get your information, you are not very reliable. I think it is time for you to go back to Port Charlotte.

03-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I ALSO AGREE THAT THE CITY OF NORTH PORT ONE DAY WILL BE RUN BY ANOTHER COUNTY GOVERNMENT. THIS CITY IS MISMANAGED AND THE PD AND FD WILL BE MOVED TO THE COUNTIES ALONG WITH ALL OF THE OTHER SERVICES.

03-16-2007, 06:37 PM
If you think that's what's going to happen, then leave now!

04-26-2007, 06:30 AM
I have a question...I thought that if you went 0-5 mph over the limit it was a ww or vw, and 6 mph over was a utc ???? earlier in this post someone stated that an officer gave a utc for 17 in a 15 mph.....becuase it was a school zone doesnt change the Law.

04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I think your forgetting that was a citizen that wrote that post.

04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes speeding in a school zone has no minimum speed before a citation can be issued.

04-27-2007, 07:39 PM
If that was true then what would be the fine amount??? The fine amount starts at 6 mph plus there is a $0 fine for 5 mph under If I am wrong on this then please show me where you get your information from???

05-11-2007, 06:39 AM
WHAT A CONFUSED CITY THAT LOOK LIKE A COUNTY VILLAGE.

05-11-2007, 08:29 PM
The commissioners are the village idiots......someone save us please.