PDA

View Full Version : Painting a Rosey Picture

02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I understand that there has been so much butt kissing in Tallahassee, that if the Director stops in his tracks there is a chain reaction crash on the 7th floor! I guess we need to get a park patrol officer to direct traffic, maybe they ought to just make the 7 th floor one-way traffic only. I sure hope Henry doesn't consider anyone from this agency as a candidate for assistant director. Henry needs to select a people person, someone that will be respected by all division employees. They have had 8 whole years to do something constructive and now the old upper management thinks that they can make change? You can't change spots on a leopard overnight, especially the ones who are trying to impress the director.

I hope director that you can see through the BS or at least get a slicker suit and some rubber boots so that you don't get dung on you! Director if you want to look good get rid of the old school and give someone else a chance to shine! They had their chance and they ran the ship aground and it is up to you to fix it.

02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Right with you, Glass house. Out with the old and in with the new. Let's get people in there who want to strive to make this the cutting edge agency that it could be.
People who want their officer and investigators to act like officers and investigators.
People who will be proud of us for doing out jobs. People who care enough about us to be in touch with what is going on in the field. We do not have that many officers and only five districts.

I find it appaling that the people that are our chain of command can't even make it down to see us once a year. That in and of itself smacks of the "retired on the job" mentality that is so apparant in our upper echelon of command.

Please Director, new blood , fresh ideas. We are stagnant and are hoopig that you are our light at the end of the tunnel. Please hire some people that have actually had boots on the ground real police experience. People who understand and can remember what it is like to do what we do.

We feel like the forgotten and the disrespected.

02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree with you 100%.

The key word is "real ground experience". If I remember correctly, all law enforcement in this agency must have experience. Of course, there are the chosen few who know the right people and get this gig as their first job. But overall every single one of us has street experience.

The diversity of the officers in this agency is outstanding. With our agency training officers from within to become instructors also says alot. But here again you must know the right supervisors to get that approved.

Your comment about the brass not coming to visit the districts is right on the mark also. How about the immediate superviors for your own district visiting your area. This has never happened with our district. In the time I have been here, my district commander has never visited my area. Or even called for that matter. I guess happy hour is more important.

Please give Mr. Barnet time to sort everything and everyone out and I feel very positive change will occur.

02-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I really think that if you give the man a chance to bring things around you will be very pleased.
I know him personally and he has allot to offer the agency. I know how it is wanting things to change it never happens quickly enough.
Please Trust what I'm saying, the director wants everyone of you to be treated like the professionals that you are.
Best of luck

03-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Things will change. I believe he will do the right thing for DEP. He is truly missed by the Miami AG Office.