PDA

View Full Version : Great Example of Why FHP Sucks!

02-24-2007, 06:11 PM
The kidnapping of Clay Moore is a great example of why FHP sucks. The original BOLO went out for this as does any other Amber Alert. The child was found at 1:30p and the BOLO was canceled, however, they were STILL looking for the kidnapper and the vehicle. What is the second most important part of a kidnapping case after finding the child? Finding the dang perpetrator! Here in Tampa we had NO description of the perp or the vehicle when the 2p-10p shift came out. If I didnt watch the news I would have no idea what kind of vehicle to keep an eye out for. ALL FHP cares about is working these stupid crashes. FHP needs to take a lesson in law enforcement and learn there are other more important things out there than working crashes.

02-25-2007, 12:51 AM
The kidnapping of Clay Moore is a great example of why FHP sucks. The original BOLO went out for this as does any other Amber Alert. The child was found at 1:30p and the BOLO was canceled, however, they were STILL looking for the kidnapper and the vehicle. What is the second most important part of a kidnapping case after finding the child? Finding the dang perpetrator! Here in Tampa we had NO description of the perp or the vehicle when the 2p-10p shift came out. If I didnt watch the news I would have no idea what kind of vehicle to keep an eye out for. ALL FHP cares about is working these stupid crashes. FHP needs to take a lesson in law enforcement and learn there are other more important things out there than working crashes.

How dare you talk bad about the Colonel's brother? Troop C is the greatest. Just ask Chris and Tom.

02-26-2007, 12:42 AM
I guess since you are so unhappy working for FHP you can go find a job elsewere. We here at FHP would be glad for you to leave and take your negativity with you, so that the rest of us who are happy with our career choice won't have to listen to you complain and gripe everyday. Have a nice day. :) :) :)

02-26-2007, 03:18 AM
I guess since you are so unhappy working for FHP you can go find a job elsewere. We here at FHP would be glad for you to leave and take your negativity with you, so that the rest of us who are happy with our career choice won't have to listen to you complain and gripe everyday. Have a nice day. :) :) :)

How about you wake up! Is it called negativity when an agency does not perform the duties it should be?

You wonder why FHP is the way it is. Look in the mirror. It is because of people like you. Quiting FHP is the best thing I have ever done.

02-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Exactly.....if you can\'t handle being one of the elite, I hear the city is hiring.

02-26-2007, 03:36 AM

You are probably one of those people that rant how much they love FHP and yet they call in sick 6 times a month.

02-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Exactly.....if you can\'t handle being one of the elite, I hear the city is hiring.

Yes, you are right. It takes an elite person to work crashes and change tires all day. I envy your career and intellect.

02-26-2007, 03:42 AM

You mean work for a department that actually pays their employees above the poverty level and offers them good shifts, retirement, and health care? Why would anyone want to do something crazy like that?

02-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Being understaffed and underpaid does not make an agency "elite."

Alas..........................

:(

02-26-2007, 10:17 PM
that would mean other agencies would have to step up and work a crash, i think they would rather us do what we do and they do what they do....

02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
As far as the troop c fellow..i know a guy who loved the patrol since the academy, yes I was a former trooper and liked it, but he told me the administration is starting to get to him now. If any administrator is reading this and i know you do, think about this, let the trooper work a non-crash offense that is not traffic related and maybe they may realize crashs are better than the other crimes. Just a thought.

02-27-2007, 12:17 PM
we are not elite we are not state police we are state road rangers with a badge. the deputy sheriffs are the elite with the big budgets and real leo tools. elite your funny if we were elite other leo's and the public would feel the same way. :cry:

02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
we are not elite we are not state police we are state road rangers with a badge. the deputy sheriffs are the elite with the big budgets and real leo tools. elite your funny if we were elite other leo's and the public would feel the same way. :cry:

Brother if the grass is so green on the other side of the fence, jump it. Have you forgotten what it was that made you want to join the FHP in the first place? The public looks at a state trooper as being the most well trained and professional police officer in the state, and when you compare our academy to the locals I would have to agree. I agree, the pay is not great but I think its going to get better soon. Why do you think this website is full of local cops who do nothing but badmouth troopers, its not rocket science.

02-27-2007, 01:30 PM

Brother if the grass is so green on the other side of the fence, jump it. Have you forgotten what it was that made you want to join the FHP in the first place? The public looks at a state trooper as being the most well trained and professional police officer in the state, and when you compare our academy to the locals I would have to agree. I agree, the pay is not great but I think its going to get better soon. Why do you think this website is full of local cops who do nothing but badmouth troopers, its not rocket science.

Elite ? Well trained ? Last week a Trooper called a city agency because he didn't know how to handle a Domestic Violence arrest on his own.

02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
If it is something you dont normally handle I can see calling someone who works them alot to assist. I've had numerous cities call me to assist them with writing up a chase, crash, DUI and or fatalities. We all have our fields of expertice. We are trained on how to work domestics but if you dont do them all the time you need help to make sure you do it right. I guess troopers are not afforded that right.

02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
My friends,ALL you troopers are missing the point!! The case that was brought up was about INCOMPETENCE and MALFEASANCE!! The BOLO for the boy should have been cancelled BUT NOT THE BOLO FOR THE OFFENDER!!!THE CASE IS NOT OVER TILL THE OFFENDER IS CAUGHT!!!OY VEY!!!
If I was the family,I would sue you idiots!

02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
when you compare our academy to the locals I would have to agree. I agree, the pay is not great but I think its going to get better soon. Why do you think this website is full of local cops who do nothing but badmouth troopers, its not rocket science.

I learned along time ago that life on the street does NOT resemble what I learned at the academy. Forget what they taught you there. Be a real cop and get street experience. A street smart cop who uses common sense will provide you a long career.

To all young troopers that just graduated, gain some street experience, use good officer safety then leave FHP for a Sheriff's Office or City PD.

Common sense ladies and gentlemen!!! It works wonders.

02-28-2007, 01:09 AM

I took the job to work side by side with fellow troopers to stop reckless driving and clean up the highways from drug running, etc. Instead I go crash to crash being totally reactive. It has been a HUGE disappointment to me.

02-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Sounds like you work in a busy area. Dont judge the whole FHP by where your at. There are lots of places in this state where you can do a lot more than be reactive.

02-28-2007, 05:47 AM

I took the job to work side by side with fellow troopers to stop reckless driving and clean up the highways from drug running, etc. Instead I go crash to crash being totally reactive. It has been a HUGE disappointment to me.

Last time I checked, you have the liberty of putting in for a transfer!! Put in for the panhandle!

02-28-2007, 06:33 AM

If I wanted to work in a place so rural I would move to OK and be a trooper there making 50K a year. I should not have to transfer to the sticks to do what I should be doing as a cop. It's called getting us some more people! Not a real hard thing to figure out.

Last time I checked, you have the liberty of putting in for a transfer!! Put in for the panhandle!

02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Stop crying about going from crash to crash. That is part of your job, I work in a county that has a lot of crashes, we are looking at anywhere from 11 to 12 a week and most of the time more. The only Troopers I feel sorry for, are the one's in Orlando. My heart goes out to those Troopers. They have anywhere from 50 to 60 crashes holding at a time. I would transfer if I worked there. If you work anywhere else in the state then you have time for enforcement. You say you joined to keep reckless drivers and drug runners off the roads. If you cant find drugs in Floirda then my friend you are not looking. You can be proactive no one is stopping you. If you dont like where you are transfer. If you do not like FHP anymore no one is going to blame you, just leave. What tools do you want to be a real LEO a taser why, so when it come down to it you are afraid to go hands on. or are you going to give me the taser international sales speech about it will reduce injury. You have a gun, pepper spray, and handcuffs what more do you need.

03-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Some of you troopers make me laugh, really hard. You guys are known as the most professional and well trained? I tend to hear the words asshole, jerk etc when FHP is mentioned in the civilian world. You guys are so busy trying to get your ticket quotes up for your bosses you forget about what you are really supposed to be doing. I mean aren't you guys issued warning tickets? There are some people out there that are deserving of a break every now and then. Get off your high horses and get over yourselves. You are nowhere near elite in anything.

03-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Stop crying about going from crash to crash. That is part of your job

True, true. This is analagous to the guys I met while serving in the Navy who would complain about having to go out to sea. For christ sakes, you joined the Navy!!

03-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Stop crying about going from crash to crash. That is part of your job, I work in a county that has a lot of crashes, we are looking at anywhere from 11 to 12 a week and most of the time more. The only Troopers I feel sorry for, are the one's in Orlando. My heart goes out to those Troopers. They have anywhere from 50 to 60 crashes holding at a time. I would transfer if I worked there. If you work anywhere else in the state then you have time for enforcement. You say you joined to keep reckless drivers and drug runners off the roads. If you cant find drugs in Floirda then my friend you are not looking. You can be proactive no one is stopping you. If you dont like where you are transfer. If you do not like FHP anymore no one is going to blame you, just leave. What tools do you want to be a real LEO a taser why, so when it come down to it you are afraid to go hands on. or are you going to give me the taser international sales speech about it will reduce injury. You have a gun, pepper spray, and handcuffs what more do you need.

And people wonder why FHP is the way it is. LOOK AT THIS GUY PEOPLE. Get a clue moron!!!!! Be a trooper in another state where they actually have their agency together and you will see how messed up FHP is.

03-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Some of you troopers make me laugh, really hard. You guys are known as the most professional and well trained? I tend to hear the words *** VIRUS ALERT ***, jerk etc when FHP is mentioned in the civilian world. You guys are so busy trying to get your ticket quotes up for your bosses you forget about what you are really supposed to be doing. I mean aren't you guys issued warning tickets? There are some people out there that are deserving of a break every now and then. Get off your high horses and get over yourselves. You are nowhere near elite in anything.

There seems to be more than 1 person with the username trooper on here. Guest000000, your an idiot! What else is there to say? :?

03-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Some of you troopers make me laugh, really hard. You guys are known as the most professional and well trained? I tend to hear the words *** VIRUS ALERT ***, jerk etc when FHP is mentioned in the civilian world. You guys are so busy trying to get your ticket quotes up for your bosses you forget about what you are really supposed to be doing. I mean aren't you guys issued warning tickets? There are some people out there that are deserving of a break every now and then. Get off your high horses and get over yourselves. You are nowhere near elite in anything.

Quit playing on mommy and daddy's computer and get to bed. After all, 6:00 am comes early for you, so you really shouldn't be up posting so late. Your fellow McDonald's employees are counting on you to be there on time to operate the fryer.

03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
At least McDonald's pays more than FHP!

03-02-2007, 05:25 AM
At least McDonald's pays more than FHP!

Sounds like the voice of experience. Do you work the counter or man the grill?

03-08-2007, 06:49 AM
First let me say that FHP is very good at what they do. but i dont believe they are ment to be a full service law enforcement arm. other then vehicle or highway related they are not involved. The investigative stuff has been given to a seperate agency. When people say State Trooper it does not mean the same here as it does up north. State police up north is the finale say in law enforcement. they are able to come in and say "this is our scene we will take it from here." and everyone says "yes sir". no matter what type of crime. in the south the finale say and power is with the county sheriffs.

03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
First let me say that FHP is very good at what they do. but i dont believe they are ment to be a full service law enforcement arm. other then vehicle or highway related they are not involved. The investigative stuff has been given to a seperate agency. When people say State Trooper it does not mean the same here as it does up north. State police up north is the finale say in law enforcement. they are able to come in and say "this is our scene we will take it from here." and everyone says "yes sir". no matter what type of crime. in the south the finale say and power is with the county sheriffs.

Things are arse backwards down here. State Police, its not what you do its how your state law enforcement is set up.

03-10-2007, 03:22 PM

You are probably one of those people that rant how much they love FHP and yet they call in sick 6 times a month.

nope. i never call in sick and do love my job. pay sucks but the work is great. the patrol has been good to me. if you don't like it leave it.

03-12-2007, 03:09 AM

You are so right. I'm from Virginia and we have the state police, a real state police. Down here in FLA I found the Sheriff has the final say. But who cares, it doesn't happen and we should all understand we need to work together.

03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
i left fhp 2 yrs ago for lots more money and now i fight real crime and have fun. i just wanted to be a real cop not a road ranger with a gun.

03-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Actually the city is not hiring. Besides we dont hire many ex-troopers cause we find that they are clueless. They are not able to get out of the "I think that I am God" personalities. Most do not see the light that they are nothing more than AAA with a gun and their patrol car should be a tow truck to save time. Yeah I'm thinking no thank you to having any Troopers applying to the city.. We need real cops here that are willing to do real police work and not traffic bull#$it. For most of you troopers real police work in the city of tampa means, armed robberies up the arse, burglary, murder, agg batteries etc... I know these are words you idiots have never heard before, but we do not have time for DWLS and NVDL which we all know is FHP's top arrests..

03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Actually the city is not hiring. Besides we dont hire many ex-troopers cause we find that they are clueless. They are not able to get out of the "I think that I am God" personalities. Most do not see the light that they are nothing more than AAA with a gun and their patrol car should be a tow truck to save time. Yeah I'm thinking no thank you to having any Troopers applying to the city.. We need real cops here that are willing to do real police work and not traffic bull#$it. For most of you troopers real police work in the city of tampa means, armed robberies up the arse, burglary, murder, agg batteries etc... I know these are words you idiots have never heard before, but we do not have time for DWLS and NVDL which we all know is FHP's top arrests..[/quote]

WHATS EVEN BETTER IS THE STARTING SALARY FOR A TPD OFFICER IS ABOUT THE SAME AS A LT. WITH FHP.... GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH A FHP TROOPER IS WORTH.....

03-15-2007, 09:05 PM
If it is something you dont normally handle I can see calling someone who works them alot to assist. I've had numerous cities call me to assist them with writing up a chase, crash, DUI and or fatalities. We all have our fields of expertice. We are trained on how to work domestics but if you dont do them all the time you need help to make sure you do it right. I guess troopers are not afforded that right.

YOU ARE FULL OF #HIT... UNLESS IT HAPPENED ON A HIGHWAY THEIR IS NO WAY A LOCAL S/O OR PD CALLED FHP TO "HELP OUT". GIVE ME A BREAK.. ASSIST WITH WRITING UP A "CHASE" COME-ON FHP HAS ONE OF THE MOST STRICK PURSUIT POLICIES IN THE STATE. FHP CANT CHASE #HIT!!!!!!!! YOU ARE JUST A FLAT OUT LIAR!!!!!

03-16-2007, 05:10 AM

YOU ARE FULL OF #HIT... UNLESS IT HAPPENED ON A HIGHWAY THEIR IS NO WAY A LOCAL S/O OR PD CALLED FHP TO "HELP OUT". GIVE ME A BREAK.. ASSIST WITH WRITING UP A "CHASE" COME-ON FHP HAS ONE OF THE MOST STRICK PURSUIT POLICIES IN THE STATE. FHP CANT CHASE #HIT!!!!!!!! YOU ARE JUST A FLAT OUT LIAR!!!!!

LIAR!!, you obviously dont know s@#t junior law man. Come to work in the panhandle and tell me I'am a liar. Some of your local boys up here dont have a clue when it comes to something that involves a vehicle, no matter what it is. Up here we work their chases, crashes and assist local cities with fatalities and they are glad to get the help and we are glad to give it. One of the troopers that I work with the other day came across a domestic violence battery. He made the arrest and worked the whole thing. His Sgt. said good job, at least you took the initiative and worked the whole thing versus calling the locals. Go blow your s@#t filled horn somewhere else.

03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
ATTENTION: NON-FHP COMPLAINERS/LOSERS

Why don't you go to the message board for your respective agencies and quit *****in' about FHP.

04-20-2008, 07:24 PM

:shock:

04-20-2008, 07:38 PM

Actually the city is not hiring. Besides we dont hire many ex-troopers cause we find that they are clueless. They are not able to get out of the "I think that I am God" personalities. Most do not see the light that they are nothing more than AAA with a gun and their patrol car should be a tow truck to save time. Yeah I'm thinking no thank you to having any Troopers applying to the city.. We need real cops here that are willing to do real police work and not traffic bull#$it. For most of you troopers real police work in the city of tampa means, armed robberies up the arse, burglary, murder, agg batteries etc... I know these are words you idiots have never heard before, but we do not have time for DWLS and NVDL which we all know is FHP's top arrests..

Well clearly things are different in Tampa than in Miami. And I dont care how much crap you do in Tampa, you will never come CLOSE to the City of Miami. Just for your information, the cities down here love hiring troopers/certified LEO....you know why? Because it saves the city 20k they have to invest at a very minimum...

So dont go ranting and raving unless you know the real facts. And if you want to be where the nucleus of the crimes that are created in Florida, come to MIAMI..

well be waiting for you PAPI

04-20-2008, 07:59 PM

OVER
I HAVE ASSISTED WITH DUI AND EVEN TAKEN DUI INVESTIGATIONS FOR THE SHERIFFS OFFICE. I HAVE TAKEN OVER THE FATALITIES AND I HAVE WORKED MY OWN DOMESTICS AND DRUG CASES. OH AND BY THE WAY YOU APPARENTLY NEED HELP WITH YOUR REPORTS BECAUSE THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED INSTEAD OF THEIR.

04-21-2008, 11:20 AM

Elite ? Well trained ? Last week a Trooper called a city agency because he didn't know how to handle a Domestic Violence arrest on his own.

At least the trooper had enough sense to ask for help when needed to ensure it was properly handled.

04-21-2008, 11:50 AM

WHATS EVEN BETTER IS THE STARTING SALARY FOR A TPD OFFICER IS ABOUT THE SAME AS A LT. WITH FHP.... GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH A FHP TROOPER IS WORTH.....[/quote]

A street cop may initally respond to a robbery, burglary, murder, etc, however these cases a handled by your detective division and not you. Don't take credit for something you don't do! If you would like to investigate cases such as these, then promote to the detective division.

04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
i left fhp 2 yrs ago for lots more money and now i fight real crime and have fun. i just wanted to be a real cop not a road ranger with a gun.

Good for you. You never did say, were you fired or did a fit for duty exam get you. What ever the case, go post on your own agencies message board and chase the barking dog call why you fight "real" crime, FHP is getting along just fine without you.

04-21-2008, 01:18 PM

AAA with a gun...How original. I worked in local law enforcement for over 10 years before I decided to become a Trooper. Have not regretted a minute of it, the pay could be better, but the job is great.
Now to get to your work it all statement. Unless you work for a small five or six man department you do not do anything except respond, secure the crime scene, and wait for the detectives. You may really get to feel special when you keep the crime scene log, or make a coffee run for the detectives.
The day to day life of a patrol officer for any department in mundane. You are not speeding from robber to robbery or murder to murder every day of the week. That thinking is caused by your own need to feel important. You go to bull $hit calls most of the day, (neighbor digging a hole on my property, kid threw an egg at my car, someone took my newspaper, and my kid won't get up and go to school). That is the real stories of the P.D.
You local guys are way off base if you think working traffic does not relate to catching bad guys. I have been on both sides of the fence and you are totally wrong.
"Real Cops" you’re right I am not a cop I am a "State Trooper". I do not have to try and belittle another agency to feel like I have importance.
We all got are niches...stick with what you do and don't worry about what someone else does. In the big scheme we are all there to put the bad guys in jail.

04-21-2008, 03:10 PM
[quote="troop z":2tw8kr5p]Exactly.....if you can\'t handle being one of the elite, I hear the city is hiring.

AAA with a gun...How original. I worked in local law enforcement for over 10 years before I decided to become a Trooper. Have not regretted a minute of it, the pay could be better, but the job is great.
Now to get to your work it all statement. Unless you work for a small five or six man department you do not do anything except respond, secure the crime scene, and wait for the detectives. You may really get to feel special when you keep the crime scene log, or make a coffee run for the detectives.
The day to day life of a patrol officer for any department in mundane. You are not speeding from robber to robbery or murder to murder every day of the week. That thinking is caused by your own need to feel important. You go to bull $hit calls most of the day, (neighbor digging a hole on my property, kid threw an egg at my car, someone took my newspaper, and my kid won't get up and go to school). That is the real stories of the P.D.
You local guys are way off base if you think working traffic does not relate to catching bad guys. I have been on both sides of the fence and you are totally wrong.
"Real Cops" you’re right I am not a cop I am a "State Trooper". I do not have to try and belittle another agency to feel like I have importance.
We all got are niches...stick with what you do and don't worry about what someone else does. In the big scheme we are all there to put the bad guys in jail.[/quote:2tw8kr5p]

Meter Maid with a gun. I work for an agency with well over 1500 LEOs and I can work what ever call I desire.

04-21-2008, 06:25 PM
"I work for an agency with well over 1500 LEOs and I can work what ever call I desire."

That must be why we see 30 cop cars chasing a fleeing car jacking. They all want to be on T.V.! All the other calls about accidents, robberies, assaults, etc. get ignored so you cowboys can chase 1 car!

04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Meter Maid with a gun. I work for an agency with well over 1500 LEOs and I can work what ever call I desire.[/quote]

[b]"Meter Maid with a gun" LMAO....Another original. You clowns are so funny. I can not wait to see 14 of you jump out of one cruiser.
Seriously....work "any" call you want to, right... :roll: From your original post with all the serious crime your agency faces, I do not see how you have time to come on FHP's message board and even make a post, with the riots, robberies, and murders you work.
You must be one of those local heroes’s with an inferiority complex. I can not think of any other explanation as to why you would try and make yourself feel big.
No wonder 80% of locals that apply with us get washed out...take you for an example.... :lol:

04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Meter Maid with a gun. I work for an agency with well over 1500 LEOs and I can work what ever call I desire.

[b]"Meter Maid with a gun" LMAO....Another original. You clowns are so funny. I can not wait to see 14 of you jump out of one cruiser.
Seriously....work "any" call you want to, right... :roll: From your original post with all the serious crime your agency faces, I do not see how you have time to come on FHP's message board and even make a post, with the riots, robberies, and murders you work.
You must be one of those local heroes’s with an inferiority complex. I can not think of any other explanation as to why you would try and make yourself feel big.
No wonder 80% of locals that apply with us get washed out...take you for an example.... :lol:[/quote]

I actually have an education. FHP was afraid since the must the morons they higher are illiterate.
Florida
Hobo
Police

04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Do they still teach you boxing in the academy? Now that's a lucrative career if you're any good at it....

04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Stop crying about going from crash to crash. That is part of your job, I work in a county that has a lot of crashes, we are looking at anywhere from 11 to 12 a week and most of the time more. The only Troopers I feel sorry for, are the one's in Orlando. My heart goes out to those Troopers. They have anywhere from 50 to 60 crashes holding at a time. I would transfer if I worked there. If you work anywhere else in the state then you have time for enforcement. You say you joined to keep reckless drivers and drug runners off the roads. If you cant find drugs in Floirda then my friend you are not looking. You can be proactive no one is stopping you. If you dont like where you are transfer. If you do not like FHP anymore no one is going to blame you, just leave. What tools do you want to be a real LEO a taser why, so when it come down to it you are afraid to go hands on. or are you going to give me the taser international sales speech about it will reduce injury. You have a gun, pepper spray, and handcuffs what more do you need.You either have one year or less on the job or you are a civilian. If you have a tool that you can use so you dont have to get into a fight then why would you not use it. I have been in many fights and I would much rather tase someone then go hands on. If you are in this job just to go hands on then you are in the wrong profession, go join the thing where they fight in the fenced in ring.

04-22-2008, 02:12 AM
WHO CARES...WE ARE ALL COPS WITH JOBS TO DO

04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
:roll:

04-22-2008, 05:21 PM
FHP Isn't! They'll never be cops!

04-25-2008, 03:09 AM
only sheriff chasing the bad guys on 95 in Palm Beach Co. this week :cry:

04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Being a under paid Meter Maid is not a Career.

04-25-2008, 03:28 PM
only sheriff chasing the bad guys on 95 in Palm Beach Co. this week :cry:

makes us look bad! :x

04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
. When people say State Trooper it does not mean the same here as it does up north. State police up north is the finale say in law enforcement. they are able to come in and say "this is our scene we will take it from here." and everyone says "yes sir". no matter what type of crime. .

Guys, I have been browsing through the Florida police forums for the last few months. I'm an Lt. with the Boston PD. I sometimes consider retiring and coming down to your state to start another job, hence my reason for browsing around your sites.

I have seen this mentioned before -about northern troopers running the show. Here's the real scoop. A Mass trooper has the same authority as a Boston Police officer in Boston, same authority as a Cambridge Police officer in Cambridge etc. He has state police power-no more.

He does not call the shots, and cannot take over any crime scene in the city of Boston. If an agency has a primary police force- like Boston-then they are the primary police authority. A trooper has the same authority as a Boston officer, but can't take over the scene because Boston has the primary jurisdcition. If a trooper tried this, he would be laughed at and thrown out.

A Boston officer has the same authority as a trooper on a state highway, providing it's within city limits. In this situation, the state police have the primary jurisdiction because it's a state road, with BPD having concurrent jurisdiction. The Boston officer has the same authority, but has concurrent jurisdiction, not primary etc. In this case, the state runs the show. The dept. with the primary jurisdiction calls the shots. In less populated areas of Westen Mass, some of the small towns don't have their own PD. In these areas, the state police are the primary authority. Our sheriffs are not cops here, just jailers.

The only way the state police can take over a crime scene in the city of Boston, is if the Governor himself ordered it. I have never seen it done.

Just wanted to correct some false rumors.

On another note, can't FHP install scanners in their cruisers like our troopers, that way you don't have delayed info, or bad info from your own dispathers?
You guys have it tough down there. Good luck, and take care of each other.

04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
NO ONE LOOKS AT US AS ELITE THE PUBLIC MAY OF 25YRS AGO BUT NOW WE ARE CRASH COPS AND THE PUBLIC KNOW WE DONT DO REAL POLICE WORK. WE ARE ROAD RANGERS WITH A GUN :x

04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
. When people say State Trooper it does not mean the same here as it does up north. State police up north is the finale say in law enforcement. they are able to come in and say "this is our scene we will take it from here." and everyone says "yes sir". no matter what type of crime. .

Guys, I have been browsing through the Florida police forums for the last few months. I'm an Lt. with the Boston PD. I sometimes consider retiring and coming down to your state to start another job, hence my reason for browsing around your sites.

I have seen this mentioned before -about northern troopers running the show. Here's the real scoop. A Mass trooper has the same authority as a Boston Police officer in Boston, same authority as a Cambridge Police officer in Cambridge etc. He has state police power-no more.

He does not call the shots, and cannot take over any crime scene in the city of Boston. If an agency has a primary police force- like Boston-then they are the primary police authority. A trooper has the same authority as a Boston officer, but can't take over the scene because Boston has the primary jurisdcition. If a trooper tried this, he would be laughed at and thrown out.

A Boston officer has the same authority as a trooper on a state highway, providing it's within city limits. In this situation, the state police have the primary jurisdiction because it's a state road, with BPD having concurrent jurisdiction. The Boston officer has the same authority, but has concurrent jurisdiction, not primary etc. In this case, the state runs the show. The dept. with the primary jurisdiction calls the shots. In less populated areas of Westen Mass, some of the small towns don't have their own PD. In these areas, the state police are the primary authority. Our sheriffs are not cops here, just jailers.

The only way the state police can take over a crime scene in the city of Boston, is if the Governor himself ordered it. I have never seen it done.

Just wanted to correct some false rumors.

On another note, can't FHP install scanners in their cruisers like our troopers, that way you don't have delayed info, or bad info from your own dispathers?
You guys have it tough down there. Good luck, and take care of each other.

I am from Ma and never once have I seen a non Staty making a trafic stop on the highway (93, 128, etc..)

04-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Bud whats up with the beef with Boston Pd cops and B.U. pd??

04-29-2008, 04:04 AM
Bud whats up with the beef with Boston Pd cops and B.U. pd??

:?: