PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I'am interested in working for Sunrise PD I just turned in my app. how long till I get notified from a recruiter?

02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I'am interested in working for Sunrise PD I just turned in my app. how long till I get notified from a recruiter?

I turned mine in almost two weeks ago and have not heard anything, so figure at least a week or two before you hear from someone.

02-24-2007, 04:54 AM
2 weeks? Better wait longer than that....

02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
2 weeks? Better wait longer than that....

Any idea on how long the hiring process takes? I have heard of people being processed for other departments in a month to get them into the academy.

Or is it like metro-dade where it's a year before you hear much if anything?

02-25-2007, 08:08 AM
i dunno about non certified but im certified already and its been over 2 mo. and they JUST got done w/ my backround.

02-25-2007, 05:45 PM
How does it feel like to be one of the highest paid police departments in Broward county.

02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
i dunno about non certified but im certified already and its been over 2 mo. and they JUST got done w/ my backround.

How long did they take to contact you for your panel interview?

02-27-2007, 06:16 AM
i dunno if its because i was already certified, but almost exactly 1 mo. from the date of my app.

03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Apply to BSO it took me one week before they called me for my oral and iam still waiting for sunrise to call me its been about a month

03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Yea dude, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply everywhere.

03-06-2007, 04:45 PM

I agree but right now I have Sunrise near the top of my list.

Was getting ready to turn in my application for Hollywood but with whats going on with their department I am not so sure thats a good idea.

Pembroke Pines another department I will apply to but have heard it's very hard to get on with them.

BSO nothing against them but pay is lower and I have heard the Sheriff is an idiot.

FLPD everybody says stay as far away as possible bad pay and a city manager that wants to run the department.

I hear a lot of good things about Sunrise and until I hear something bad I don't see any reason to give up on them.

03-06-2007, 05:25 PM

I agree but right now I have Sunrise near the top of my list.

Was getting ready to turn in my application for Hollywood but with whats going on with their department I am not so sure thats a good idea.

Pembroke Pines another department I will apply to but have heard it's very hard to get on with them.

BSO nothing against them but pay is lower and I have heard the Sheriff is an idiot.

FLPD everybody says stay as far away as possible bad pay and a city manager that wants to run the department.

I hear a lot of good things about Sunrise and until I hear something bad I don't see any reason to give up on them.

Doesn't matter where you go. After working there for about 3 years you will start looking for somewhere else to transfer to. Police work in South Florida sucks. Criminals have more rights then we do. No one understands that until they live it. Don't wait for one particular department to hire you. Apply everywhere and get on with whoever hires you first. You are just a number to them. Someone to fill a vacancy is how they see you.

03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Apply to PBSO, they have over 80 openings for Patrol Deputy. Top out pay is 80+. Great Contract & Sheriff. Take Home anywhere in S.FLA. www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org). They Love Broward Cops. Promotions are done in order, no skipping.

Good Luck

03-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Apply to PBSO, they have over 80 openings for Patrol Deputy. Top out pay is 80+. Great Contract & Sheriff. Take Home anywhere in S.FLA. www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org). They Love Broward Cops. Promotions are done in order, no skipping.

Good Luck

NOT TRUE about the take home cars anywhere in South FL I live in Homestead Dade County and I was told there would be no take home for me so I told PBSO to take a hike and joined BSO

03-09-2007, 12:23 AM

Good Luck

Are they hiring non-certified applicants? Someone on another forum said earliest they would hire if they were lucky would be April.

03-11-2007, 02:55 PM

Good Luck

great place to work! Right, and you get to do ALL your case filing on your own... goodluck with that one!

03-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Has anybody heard anything from Sunrise PD such as interviews or BI's being done ect?

03-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Call and speak to Annette Feld or Sgt Rylander 954-746-3600. It doesn't hurt to check up with them. They are both very nice and I'm sure won't mind your inquiry
Good Luck

03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Call and speak to Annette Feld or Sgt Rylander 954-746-3600. It doesn't hurt to check up with them. They are both very nice and I'm sure won't mind your inquiry
Good Luck

Thank you

04-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Good Luck

I called Annette Feld and asked about my application status she found my app and told me that she would forward it to a sergeant recruiter for process and that if I qualified they will contact me for my oral board. Thanks a lot for providing the number at least I got some kind of news.

04-24-2007, 12:30 PM
better get in while you can. once this contract is signed, I feel confident that we are going to be at full manpower and no long hiring.

04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
They must not need that much manpower, im certified at 19yoa and I was turned down at the job offer.

04-24-2007, 11:59 PM
They must not need that much manpower, im certified at 19yoa and I was turned down at the job offer.

I heard that they are worried about what might happen with the property tax situation and dont want to be in a budget crunch.

Apply to BSO, a week and a day later and I was called for my panel. It's coming up on three months since I turned in my application at Sunrise and still nothing.

04-25-2007, 03:24 AM

Certified at 19YOA. That means you put yourself through. My guess is you put yourself through b/c no one else would sponsor you. Good luck finding a job.

04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Actully before you start jumping to conclusions, I put myself through in a county that all agencies require 21yoa. I graduated and came back here.

04-27-2007, 02:38 AM

I heard that they are worried about what might happen with the property tax situation and dont want to be in a budget crunch.

Apply to BSO, a week and a day later and I was called for my panel. It's coming up on three months since I turned in my application at Sunrise and still nothing.

Yeah, apply at BSO where you make a LITTLE more money, if that, and have to work ten times harder to get it. Plus you get to work 25yrs to retire, instead of Sunrise's 20years. go BSO Do it! blah

04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I received a letter from SPD stating that they are in receipt of my application but however due to a large number of applicants I will only be notified if selected to continue with further processing. It sounds like a nice way to say “where not going to hire you” Sincerely Police Chief David T. Boyett ! I really don’t care
If they called me I’ am already in the process with BSO

04-27-2007, 06:47 PM

Yeah, apply at BSO where you make a LITTLE more money, if that, and have to work ten times harder to get it. Plus you get to work 25yrs to retire, instead of Sunrise's 20years. go BSO Do it! blah

Again budget crunch is the word, SPD is not the end all be all and if it was why did your boys jump ship for Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines?

05-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Again budget crunch is the word, SPD is not the end all be all and if it was why did your boys jump ship for Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines?

we havent had an officer leave for Pines in about 3years, and the ones that left were no big loss.

It was upsetting to see the ones that left to Springs, they were some good officers, BUT, no one was seeing change in this department and figured leave while they can.

and a BUT to that BUT, look at the new contract we are getting. The best things come to those who wait. Go for BSO, Springs, wherever. Leave the money making to us!

Top highest paid in the county, second highest in the state. Paid medical, fixed pension contribution, $31/hr detail rate, $78K top out for officers WITHOUT overtime and details, $94K top out for SGTS, come on already, give it up!

05-02-2007, 04:51 PM

we havent had an officer leave for Pines in about 3years, and the ones that left were no big loss.

It was upsetting to see the ones that left to Springs, they were some good officers, BUT, no one was seeing change in this department and figured leave while they can.

and a BUT to that BUT, look at the new contract we are getting. The best things come to those who wait. Go for BSO, Springs, wherever. Leave the money making to us!

Top highest paid in the county, second highest in the state. Paid medical, fixed pension contribution, $31/hr detail rate, $78K top out for officers WITHOUT overtime and details, $94K top out for SGTS, come on already, give it up!

I am not trying to argue with anybody hell I have been doing all I can to move further in the hiring process without being called a pain in the ass, SPD is my first choice but I also have to have a plan B since I am not in a position to wait a year before being contacted.

06-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Definately Apply For BSO, I took my oral & poly within 3 weeks of handing in my app!

06-07-2007, 01:46 AM
can anyone tell me about how much a new officer would take home after taxes with this new pay of 49 thousand? just curious, thanks

06-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Definately Apply For BSO, I took my oral & poly within 3 weeks of handing in my app!

what do you expect when an agency loses a boatload of deputies to Georgia agencies when they are understaffed to begin with? You will probably get processed and thrown in the academy in a heartbeat, but that doesnt guarantee you will be happy. Just remember, 20yrs and retire, or 25yrs. 5yrs is ALOT of time my friend.

06-07-2007, 08:44 PM

what do you expect when an agency loses a boatload of deputies to Georgia agencies when they are understaffed to begin with? You will probably get processed and thrown in the academy in a heartbeat, but that doesnt guarantee you will be happy. Just remember, 20yrs and retire, or 25yrs. 5yrs is ALOT of time my friend.

Wellll, It sure is a long time, But i guess i'd prefer to be with an agency who is going to pay 50% of my medical when i retire rather than 0%. After that , the 5 years doesn't seem so long afterall. Oh, and i definately preferr not to be required to contribute, what? 9% of my salary to my pension, lowering my actual salary. As for georgia, LOL, That's just bso's retiring grounds, just like so fla is new yorks..

06-08-2007, 05:45 AM

Wellll, It sure is a long time, But i guess i'd prefer to be with an agency who is going to pay 50% of my medical when i retire rather than 0%. After that , the 5 years doesn't seem so long afterall. Oh, and i definately preferr not to be required to contribute, what? 9% of my salary to my pension, lowering my actual salary. As for georgia, LOL, That's just bso's retiring grounds, just like so fla is new yorks..

well, if this was the case, why did you apply with Sunrise to begin with? If you never did apply here, then get off our forum and go whore up BSO's forum, k?

9% is NOTHING. Medical? I am unsure, but what does SO contribute to medical while you are working? Is it free or do they charge? Sunrise pension does pay towards your medical when you retire, I believe $600 a month.

06-16-2007, 02:21 PM
im looking to apply here and i was wondering what starting pay for former leos and shift schedules you are on.....

06-16-2007, 08:27 PM
This website will answer all your questions, good luck in the hiring process.

www.policeone.com/careers/136222/ (http://www.policeone.com/careers/136222/)

06-16-2007, 10:03 PM
THANK YOU

06-18-2007, 11:35 PM

well, if this was the case, why did you apply with Sunrise to begin with? If you never did apply here, then get off our forum and go whore up BSO's forum, k?

9% is NOTHING. Medical? I am unsure, but what does SO contribute to medical while you are working? Is it free or do they charge? Sunrise pension does pay towards your medical when you retire, I believe $600 a month.

9% is nothing? Try a little over $300.00 per pay period, thats over $600.00 a month. If 600$ is nothing to you I will meet up with you for the handout every check day.

06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
9% is nothing? Try a little over $300.00 per pay period, thats over $600.00 a month. If 600$ is nothing to you I will meet up with you for the handout every check day.
sigh.... look at SO starting salary. $43K? we are at $51K (or higher). Take 9.84% of that and we are still making more. Do the math!

06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
sigh.... look at SO starting salary. $43K? we are at $51K (or higher). Take 9.84% of that and we are still making more. Do the math!

Sunrise is starting at 49,000 and change, where did you get your stats. After taking away 9.84% you end up with 44178. Not to mention we pay a boat load for medical for family. In the long run BSO makes more than we do, not to mention they are up for negotiations on a new contract. PBSO's starting pay is going up to 45,000 middle of this year. Some idiot BSO Deputy was saying PBSO can't afford their contract. That's BS, my brother works there and their Sheriff said they will get every cola and raise they were promised per their contract. We make good money, but like anything else it's relative to where you work. Stay safe