PDA

View Full Version : Port Richey PD info

02-21-2007, 03:42 PM
PRPD is hiring a chief. A public safety director to be exact, someone to manage over both a police and fire.
My question= Is this agency a sinking ship, or is it just in need of a turnaround. I know the history of city gov't in Port Richey is always touchy from what I read in the papers. Any thoughts from you guys for someone who has 17 ys on the job, Sgt experience in a bigger dept. and might apply as a way to advance my career. Thanks.

02-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Good luck if you do, this city has such a long history of mismanagement, and the last I knew were considering motions to dissolve the city. that would be a shame, with the right leadership being a coastal city along U.S. 19 there is enormous potential for good things to happen,but it seems to me that they don't look for the opportunites to improve the city they have only seemed to try to sustain it.

02-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the response Retired. I am originally from the area but left to get that first job and wound up staying. The history in PR isnt always pretty.
Reading the city web site it looks like a new council and mayor recently. I was wondering if this had been a positive change for the PD also. I was hoping for anyone else who could offer an opinion on facilities, equipment, training and officers there.

02-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I replied to your question under the same post in the New Port Richey PD board.

02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. Any others with insights? Info would be appreciated. Thanks- Be safe.

03-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I live in PR and a lot of our citizen's are trying to get rid of the police dept. I have had issues with them, but mainly their dispatchers and newer guys. They have a really good sg that I call if no one responds. I really think my city is mismanaged, but good luck.

03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
I work for their dispatch ... what's the problem ? Clue me in ... the last I heard our Citizens voted to keep our dispatch department ....and were happy with the service we were providing them .