PDA

View Full Version : Calle Ocho

02-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Fellow Officers, it is obvious that the FOP can not support or encourage us to botcott an event due to legal reasons. However, we are the FOP. It is with great pleasure that I say to all that we the Elite Officers of the Miami Police Department are going to stand together and take a firm stand to prove a point. Ladies and gentelmen of the Miami Police department, if by the end of this month we are without a contract, WE MUST boycott Calle Ocho...FACT: Several fellow police agencies have DECLINED the opportunity to sign up their officers for Calle Ocho. They plain out said, "We want to support you (The City Of Miami Police Officers) in your fight for a cantract, so we will not work Calle Ocho, if you boycott it." WOW, what a strong message that will send Diaz.... We will not only show that we are strong, but it will show that our neighboring agencies support us and are willing to lose money, to support us. We must unite and do something that will make a difference. We will call this event "Operation Difference at Ocho." Let's get the word out and a special thanks to those agencies showing us their support....

Miami Police Officer

02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
WE ARE WITH YOU!

02-24-2007, 09:50 AM
MIAMI WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU? JUST LET US KNOW
WE CAN PULL OUR GANG UNITS WILL THAT HELP? TALK TO LIEUTENANT MARK CAUSEY SEE HOW HE CAN HELP YOU.

02-25-2007, 05:40 AM
i wish you guys luck. do you think some of mpd ofc's will sell out and work it? i know we do.

02-25-2007, 07:31 AM
OUR FOP BOARD IS UNITED IN SUPPORTING YOUR FIGHT IN SECURING A FAIR CONTRACT FOR YOUR OFFICERS . COUNT ON OUR CONTINUING SUPPORT.

02-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Im sitiing in overtown looking at my laptop, Just wanted to Thank you guys for your support.....god knows we need it! MPD

02-28-2007, 06:06 AM
what's the word around the city though? any sellouts working it?

02-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Of course they work it, just like you guys would not give up your club jobs when they wanted to stop the off-duty for the boat show a few years back.... GREED root of all evil

03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
"F" that..I need a new depth finder for my boat. Just means a better corner + more hours for me to work!! :snicker:

03-05-2007, 04:41 AM
So what's the latest? Are most officers and other agencies going to cooperate and not work calle ocho? We all know that greed comes first to some people, but will there be enough officers that will stick together?

03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
MIAMI WILL FOLD LIKE THE BEACH...WE ARE JUST LIKE GUYS. $$ RUNS OUR DEPT. WE ALL LIKE TO B...C AND MOAN AND SAY STICK TOGETHER/UNITY AND DON'T WORK 59'S OR OVERTIME, JUST YOUR 40HRS AND SEE HOW THE CITY/DEPT WILL PANICK.
YEAH YEAH YEAH, LET'S HEAR IT; I NEED THE 2-3 PERMANENT 59s, MY MORTGAGE, MY KIDS, MY ALIMONY, MY CHILD SUPPORT, MY BOAT, MY CAR, MY LARGE HOUSE, MY MY MY. IF THIS PERTAINS TO ANYONE READING I EXPECT IGNORANT REPLYS.
SOME OF US SMART PLANNERS DO NOT RELY ON EXTRA $$, WE DON'T BLAME YOU FOR WANTING EXTRA $$ BUT SHUT YOUR HOLE AND SAY IT HOW IT IS...........

03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey buddies, can I make a motion to your FOP union executive board? My motion is to allow Surfside Police Dept to handle your Calle Ocho. It worked wonderfully at Miami Beach and actually has the FOP's support. It really just means an officer is making money and supports your 59. Forget about all those people that mention "people that are wearing the Miami Beach patch for years and years deserve the chance to work the job". I will work your job and not look like a scab doing it. Take care!

03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
there are like 90 officers from the outside working, another 90 who signed up, another 100 or so who were drafted...and the ones who said they wouldnt sign up but will be there for the $45 an hour....

it doesnt matter if the beach works it or not, they have never worked calle ocho, maybe some gangs guys from the task force which wasn't used last becuase the county screwed it up as usual. so who ever is asking the beach to not work it is juts a dumb arse who doesnt have a clue anyway.