PDA

View Full Version : What did he say???

02-19-2007, 01:18 AM
This following quote was copied from the Johnson City Press Sunday, February 18, 2007.

“Any time you have the law enforcement and the professionalism, you are going to have more people arrested,” Graybeal said.

What?????
What does that mean?????

If anyone can tell me what this quote means please speak up. Surely there is someone out there who can or will defend this quote.

This guy should hire a public information officer to speak for him. What an embarrassment. This is the top law enforcemnt officer in the county and some people are saying "good job".

Does this guy have any clue at all what is going on or what he is saying?

02-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Of course no one can tell you what it means. I doubt that he could explain it with any clarity. But I think he was prpbably trying to explain the jail overcrowding, which he hasn't been able to do so far, because it's not one of his main concerns. His number one concern is getting accolades for picking up old tires.

This following quote was copied from the Johnson City Press Sunday, February 18, 2007.

“Any time you have the law enforcement and the professionalism, you are going to have more people arrested,” Graybeal said.

What?????
What does that mean?????

If anyone can tell me what this quote means please speak up. Surely there is someone out there who can or will defend this quote.

This guy should hire a public information officer to speak for him. What an embarrassment. This is the top law enforcemnt officer in the county and some people are saying "good job".

02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Maybe some day we will have a sheriff who cares more about others and less about himself. Say what you want about the Unicoi sheriff but he is out there and pick up all kinds of trash not just tires and garbage.

02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe some day we will have a sheriff who cares more about others and less about himself. Say what you want about the Unicoi sheriff but he is out there and pick up all kinds of trash not just tires and garbage.

I think that by the time the next elecetion rolls around we're going to have a canidate running that will put this sheriff out on the street. And when that happens there's going to be several good ol boys looking for a new job.

Besides, we all know who actually runs the sheriff's department, and he only likes to dable in law enforcement too, that and protect his crew.

02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Ya think its about time for some new blood? Someone who aint connected or related?

Think it will ever happen or will the good ole boys continue to control everything.

02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Of course the "good ole boys" can loose. Just look at Cater county, Sheriff Mathis is turning them right around, making them a department that is there to serve the public, unlike Washington county that pays lip service to the public and strokes a very few that has a little pull in the county.

There is an ever growing dissatisfaction with how the department is being ran. How many people need to be treated unfairly before it goes completly downhill? The sheriff says that he's concerned with the families of the officers in the department, but look around at how many, that after leaving for whatever reason, are being talked about to prospective emplouers? Is that showing concern for those families? Too many people in headquarters have an axe to grind

Ya think its about time for some new blood? Someone who aint connected or related?

Think it will ever happen or will the good ole boys continue to control everything.

02-24-2007, 09:06 PM
YES, IT'S A SHAME THAT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LEAVING OR WANT TO LEAVE, TRY TO KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW BECAUSE THEY ARE WORRIED THAT IF CERTAIN PEOPLE AT HEAD QTRS FIND OUT, THEY WILL "SCREW" WITH THEM. IT IS PITIFUL THAT THE SO- CALLED LEADERS OF THE DEPARTMENT CANNOT BE PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO WISH THE PERSON LUCK. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEIR DEPARTMENT IS THE BEST IN THE LAND, IT IS SUCH A SIN FOR SOMEONE TO WANT TO BETTER THEMSELVES AND THEIR LIFE AND NOT WANT TO WORK FOR THE GREAT WCSO. THE DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE AND IS GOING DOWNHILL FAST.

02-25-2007, 12:11 AM
YES, IT'S A SHAME THAT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LEAVING OR WANT TO LEAVE, TRY TO KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW BECAUSE THEY ARE WORRIED THAT IF CERTAIN PEOPLE AT HEAD QTRS FIND OUT, THEY WILL "SCREW" WITH THEM. IT IS PITIFUL THAT THE SO- CALLED LEADERS OF THE DEPARTMENT CANNOT BE PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO WISH THE PERSON LUCK. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEIR DEPARTMENT IS THE BEST IN THE LAND, IT IS SUCH A SIN FOR SOMEONE TO WANT TO BETTER THEMSELVES AND THEIR LIFE AND NOT WANT TO WORK FOR THE GREAT WCSO. THE DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE AND IS GOING DOWNHILL FAST.

Yes but it's no worse than the way some officers do their fellow officers. Can you name someone that will one of their coworkers in the back? I know of someone that you can't say anything around because they will make sure it gets to headquarters. Maybe they want to be the next Sgt.

MR. OBVIOUS
02-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Back to Guess Who's subject at hand--

You have to understand that this is the same person, the Sheriff, who was quoted last year as boasting that the RSAT Drug program has a 100% success rate! ANYONE in the know or who is monitoring the program knows that their TRUE success rate might be 50 to 60 percent at best. These same folks who have graduated the RSAT Program keep coming back to jail again and again. But I suppose that one would have to know what is REALLY going on in the Dept. before making these ridiculous statements.

02-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Sucess rate? that's a joke, and you are so very right about people in the department knowing that this is a ridiculous statement. Only a very, very small number get into the progrma because they want to change. Most get in for the two for one, and the pizza parties. The sheriff wants this program because of the money, and he will say whatever it takes to keep it going, never mind how many spaces that pod would offer if it weren't being wasted on RSAT.

Back to Guess Who's subject at hand--

You have to understand that this is the same person, the Sheriff, who was quoted last year as boasting that the RSAT Drug program has a 100% success rate! ANYONE in the know or who is monitoring the program knows that their TRUE success rate might be 50 to 60 percent at best. These same folks who have graduated the RSAT Program keep coming back to jail again and again. But I suppose that one would have to know what is REALLY going on in the Dept. before making these ridiculous statements.

03-06-2007, 12:10 AM
It doesn't take a brainer to know that being a professional sheriff office, you are going to have more arrest. It means that the good ole boy of giving a ride home to a drunk and not making that domestic violence arrest days are over. You know that we have have this forum translated to you in whatever langauge you need. That wouldn't be a problem, just ask the mod. He will hook you up.

What?????
What does that mean?????

04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
:shock: Is this fer real?

06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes Junior this is fer real---

Johnson City Press 5/30/07

“Cleaning up the lake is good for everybody,” Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal said. “The lake is actually a community in itself and when we go out there, we’re allowed to be a part of that community.”

WTF does that mean? Are the Boone Lake residents the haves and the poor WCSO are the lowly have-nots? Isn't the WCSO doing the lake residents a favor or is it the othe way around--I am so confused.
:shock: :shock:

The Shadow
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
There is one thing you have to realize, Ed came into law enforcement before there were any real standards, it was all about who you knew not what you knew.

He's definetly not the sharpest tool in the chest, so you have to remember that when he makes glib remarks to the press. The really sacry part is that his plans for fighting crime are thought out about as much as his press comments, like emphasizing trash pick up over drug interdiction...

Yes Junior this is fer real---

Johnson City Press 5/30/07

“Cleaning up the lake is good for everybody,” Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal said. “The lake is actually a community in itself and when we go out there, we’re allowed to be a part of that community.”

WTF does that mean? Are the Boone Lake residents the haves and the poor WCSO are the lowly have-nots? Isn't the WCSO doing the lake residents a favor or is it the othe way around--I am so confused.
:shock: :shock:

06-11-2007, 01:56 AM
When you tell a story, tell the whole story. Its not clean up over drug. Look at the date, memorial weekend. Thats when the pools and area lakes see their increase in usage. So they do a big clean up. He was just extending the litter program to include area lake. You on the other don't seem to care about the trash cause thats all you seem to be harping on. Please get a job and a LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Changing your user name doesn't make your thought processes any clearer or any easier to understand.

Still I enjoy reading your ramblings, it gives me something to laugh about. So far you've posted 4 times on here and your quality just gets worse and worse. Keep towing that company line. You just might get to be employee of the month when that program gets restarted in 2010.

06-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh I have one of each... a job and a life. And I'm not the only one that wonders why we aren't concentrating on serious issues instead of a community fluff project.

quote="tried of the shadow"]When you tell a story, tell the whole story. Its not clean up over drug. Look at the date, memorial weekend. Thats when the pools and area lakes see their increase in usage. So they do a big clean up. He was just extending the litter program to include area lake. You on the other don't seem to care about the trash cause thats all you seem to be harping on. Please get a job and a LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
True, I have posted 4 times. Which means that you can see my IP address and therefore you can see everyone else's. Good to know. I will pass it along.