PDA

View Full Version : TASERS

02-18-2007, 04:41 AM
AFTER READING THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE SOME THINGS DID NOT MAKE SENSE. FIRST THIS CHIEF HAS BEEN IN HIS POSITION FOR THREE YEARS NOW,AND IS NOT AWARE OF POLICIES FOR PURCHASING. I AM SURE HE HAS PURCHASED MANY ITEMS IN THIS THREE YEAR PERIOD. SO WHY WOULD HE NOT KNOW THAT HE NEEDED TO ASK PERMISSION TO PURCHASE TASERS WHICH ARE COSTING THE CITY 50,000 DOLLARS. THAT FOR A FACT IS GREATER THAN 10,000 DOLLAR CAP THAT HE WAS "FOGGY" ABOUT,WHICH ANY IDIOT COULD TELL YOU NEEDED TO BE APPROVED. HOW MANY OTHER ITEMS HAVE BEEN "MISTAKENLY" LIED ABOUT. SOMETHING WRONG IS GOING ON AT THE OFFICES OF THE CITY MANAGER WHEN ALL HE HAS TO SAY IS I COUNSELED THE CHIEF FOR LYING. HE CAN TRY TO SAY IT WAS A MIS- UNDERSTANDING ALL HE WANTS. THAT IS IF HE BELIEVES WE ARE ALL STUPID. CHILDREN GET MORE THAN A COUNSEL FOR LIES THIS BIG! THE INTEGRITY OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT STARTS WITH LEADERS. IF HE LIES OR MAKES HUGES " MISTAKES" THEN HE SHOULD DO NOTHING ,BUT COUNSEL THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ZEPHYRHILLS POLICE DEPARTMENT WHEN THEY ALSO MAKE MISTAKES NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL. THIS I FEEL IS ONLY A SMALL LOOK INTO THE MISMANAGEMENT AT THE HANDS OF THIS POLICE CHIEF. MR.SPINA NEEDS TO STOP COVERING UP FOR THIS MAN AND LET HIM GO. THINGS ARE STARTING TO LOOK SHADY. WILL CITY COUNCIL BE ABLE TO TRUST THIS MAN WHEN HE COMES BEFORE THEM IN THE FUTURE. EVERYONE IS WAITING AND WATCHING FOR HIS NEXT BIG LIE I MEAN MISTAKE.

02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm very disgusted to read the several newspaper articles and the postings on this web site about the office of the police chief. I can't believe that nothing has been addressed on the lying to the council. The position of police chief is a position of honesty, integrity and trust. He has failed in all three and must be replaced. If we the citizens don't trust the person the city manager put in place, then maybe both need to be replaced. Do the right thing now before this spirals into a big media frenzy. Were to great of a city to deserve this awful scare. If everyone turns a cheek, then we deserve what we get!

02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
These responses from "citizens" no longer hold merit. There isn't a person who believes that these quotes are coming from just "citizens", meaning those who are not affiliated with ZPD.

If these "citizens" truly have a problem with anyone from ZPD, then there is and has been nothing stopping them from going to the city manager, FDLE, the media or the police department to file complaints.

It has become pretty obvious that these "citizens" are just employees.

If these people, the "citizens" of Zephyrhills that is, are truly unhappy with members of ZPD, then they know that this website is not the place to voice these concerns.

Try a new method or give it a rest.

02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Does it really matter where the complaints about you come from (citizens or employees)? The issue at hand in this string, is the way youwent about your cover-up on the tasers. To get up in front of city council and lie to them to get approval, TO ORDER, something you already had. I don't understand, explain to us, if you knew you had the money in the budget and you knew it was over $10,000.00 and all you needed to do was ask the council for the approval, why lie to them? I know, back track like your comment on the sex offenders from Dade City and say everyone misunderstood you! The excuses don't work. We're all sick of it. Just admit one of two things, you don't know what your doing or you think your so much smarter than us but, you got caught! Either way, there's no excuse!

By the way, THIS DOES HOLD MERIT!

02-28-2007, 01:33 AM
ZEPHYRHILLS - He messed up, Russell Barnes told the city council Monday night.

"I'm sorry I let you down," the police chief said in explaining how he skirted city policy to order a batch of Tasers for his officers.

At the heart of the issue is not that Barnes ordered the 34 stun guns, but that he did so without seeking council approval.

He placed the $50,000 order on Dec. 29 and then, on Jan. 22, retroactively asked for the council's OK. The thing is, he didn't say it was a retroactive request.

He told the council then that he planned to buy the Tasers, when they already were sitting at the police station.

"You asked for permission when they'd already been delivered. That's kind of hard to swallow," council President Clyde Bracknell told the chief, who looked browbeaten as he stood at the podium. "I feel like when you talk about trust, it does make us wonder, 'Well, is this the first time? The third time?'

"

The chief said he had good intentions when he placed the order. If he did so by Dec. 29, he would save about $1,100 because by Jan. 2, the next business day, the price would go up.

"I ordered on the day that I ordered to save money," Barnes explained. "That was an error on my part, an honest mistake. It was a mistake nonetheless and I apologize for the error."

02-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow, all this news and commotion from one or two whining morons, sort of like boy-band duo that decided to 'break-up' but couldn't get enough of each other's company, is exciting. Whoever is writing these posts, and you know who you are, is not making any sense here. As a matter of fact, the only thing you have done is to make yourself look like a raving idiot. Please for the love of anything good, shut up! If there was another chief there you would find something to ***** at him about. Go write your crappy little cases, piss the sao off even more than you already do, and get a life loser. You are a disgrace to the uniform and everything it stands for. If you don't like what's going on at the PD.....leave and go be a problem to someone else you hick redneck moron.

First suitable occupation that comes to mind might be baby snake breeder (since you seem to like to slither around, all pink and wet) or maybe because the ground-beef that it resembles serves to remind us that too many hours at your post puts brains through the meat-grinder.

Since the two of you yammer off so harmoniously, you might consider joining forces to deliver half-the-content at twice-the-quality. As you've obviously discovered, things become a lot easier when you grease your nuptial pads and 'buddy up,' so do it for the good of the forum.

Now, make sure the time you invest is put to good use; don't log on during toilet-breaks and waste many in-between hours of creative output. Here's a money-saving tip: you can keep your hair greased back cheaply with homemade pomade, which is really just olive oil and petroleum jelly.

03-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Hey Rusty, where did you pick up this supporter, Largo! It must be a Pinellas thing. He speaks of lube as if he or she or it, must have quite the experience with. Don't believe everything that Rusty tells you... Y'all will find out!

Remember, it's better to be a redneck in Pasco, than a transvestite in Pinellas!