PDA

View Full Version : Goog Job Sgt POS!!

02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Good job Sgt POS, whatever your real name is. Hope the notch in your belt helps your promotion chances!!!! Must have been a delight to arrest a fellow officer for DUI who was sleeping in his truck in a parking lot so he didn't have to drive home. Too bad he had the engine on to heat the vehicle and didn't just freeze or get hypothermia so he was safe in G-town. In the rest of the free world these are situations where we use COMMON SENSE. I wouldn't bat an eye if the officer had been driving or passed out behind the wheel at a stoplight...but parked and sleeping in a parking lot...Good F'ing Job. I hope they post the location of your promotion party so we can meet when your driving away. You are truly the bottom layer of foul pond scum!!!!!!!!!

02-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I bet Sgt Pos is one of those newbie Sergeants, few years on, climbing the ladder, ready to make an example of anyone not in his level

At least I can say, after 30 years of it, never even wrote another man or girl in blue even a parking cite. And I bet POS, hm, appropriate moniker...p.o.s.....would be the first to throw his badge out the window and ask for a professional courtesy

well you get what you sow sgt worthless..'member dat

02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
GPPD you make me sick. Your sorry agency should just expire.

02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
OUR SGT DID HIS JOB. HE HAS INTEGRITY AND HONOR. YOUR MAN MAY NEED TO SEEK HELP IF HE HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM. SO STOP YOUR CRYING.

02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I wonder, throughout sgt pos's career, how many drunk civilians he gave a break to by calling them a ride and not taking them in for a DUI? What the f@#k is wrong with you SGT? How hard would it have been to call someone to pick the officer up and at the most if you still wanted to flex your muscles just call his supervisor and let him know that his officer was drunk???? There was no crash, he was not driving ( I know thats how he got to the parking lot)! This is just one example how one idiots action's give their whole agency a bad rep......

02-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Your Sgt is a hero to anyone who ever lost a loved one to a drunken driver. Cop or not, trying to keep warm or not, he broke the law. Please ignore thw whining by your fellow officers across 49th St. They think they are special!

02-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Even though I disagree with the arrest of the Ofc, I would still be there if the Sgt. was in trouble on the street. An Ofc. who does not show up for another Ofc. when they are in trouble (whether you like them or not) should get the sh1t beat out of them by the rest of the department.

I give discretion to civilians all the time during stops so I would definitely use my discretion for a police officer. F**k the media, I have the authority to make arrests and give citations. If they do not like it TOO damn bad. There is not a thing anybody can do to you for not making an arrest or giving a citation. When they write a General Order that states every stop will be given a citation and every crime will be an arrest then I will do that. Until then I make the decision, not the chief and not the media.

02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
What a bunch of freakin children. Who cares about the media. You assclowns are showing your true colors right here on a public forum for all to see. Nice job.

You only need to read the responses from the SPPD people to see the professionalism required to work there. It's sad. There are some good people working there, but the idiots outnumber them.

Lead by example SPPD, Don't drink and Drive. :roll:

02-18-2007, 11:46 PM
hey einstein....that's exactly what he was doing. Not driving and waiting for a ride in a parking lot....oops he was sitting in the wrong seat....so much for discretion in Gtown.

02-19-2007, 05:48 AM
I HAVE SEEN IT MANY TIME IN THE PAST HOW GPD GETS OFF ON SCREWING OTHER OFFICERS....MOST OF THE TIME IT WAS OFFICERS IN THIER OWN DEPT. I HAVE SEEN WHERE OFFICERS IN GPD PURPOSLY POINT OUT OTHER SHORT FALLS INFRONT OF HIGHER UPS AS A WAY TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM TO THE SIDE AND CORRECTING THEM. I HAVE SEEN THOSE VERY OFFICERS WHO POINT OUT THE SHORT FALLS OF OTHERS ALSO PASS THIER OWN SHORT FALLS ONTO TO OTHERS BY BLAMING OTHER OFFICERS AND NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILTYIES FOR THIER ACTIONS. I HAVE SEEN HOW GPD OFFICERS RELIVE THE FAILURES OF FORMER GPD OFFICERS AS A WAY TO AMUSE THEMSELVES IN THE LESS THEN INTERESTING CITY THEY WORK IN. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THE ROOKIES WHO GO TO GPD AND THINK THAT THIS IS POLICE WORK.

I WILL ALSO SAY THAT THERE ARE A FEW GOOD OFFICERS WHO ARE ON GPD WHO KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF BEING A POLICE OFFICER, M.M., D.A., AND R.H. TO NAME A FEW. I HAVE SEEN MANY GOOD OFFICERS LEAVE GPD BECAUSE OF THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR BY GPD OFFICERS .I HAVE SEEN MANY OFFICERS GET SCREWED BECAUSE OF THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR. THIS SCREW YOUR BROTHER ATTITUDE WAS THERE FIVE YEARS AGO AND WILL STILL BE THERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

AS FOR THIS SITUATION WITH SPPD K9.... IAM SORRY BUT THERE IS NO DISCRETION WHEN IT SOMES TO GPD... THEY ARE ALWAYS TO WORRIED ABOUT HOW THEY DONT WANT TO BE THE NEXT ONE TO GET SCREWED THEY FAIL TO REALIZE THAT THEY COULD HAVE TREATED THE K9 OFFICER JUST ANYONE ELSE THEY HAVE GOTTEN A CAB FOR IN THE PAST. BUT THAT FEELING OF BIG BROTHER I.E. CHIEF .... IS LOOKING OVER THERE SHOULDER THEY ARE AFRAID TO MAKE A WISE DECISION.
COMMON SENCE NO LONGER EXIST IN GPD!!

02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
In response to FRMGPD, your list of good cops has some problems. If talking over everybody and refusing to ever listen is a good quality for a cop, then okay, RH may be a good cop. Otherwise. . .well, enough said.

The other two on your list are smart and competent but they spend too much time complaining to the wrong people and/or not doing the work they are capable of.

I'm guessing you were probably the same way when (if) you worked at GPD. Complain online, complain to other cops, but how many times did you submit your constructive criticism to the people capable of making change. And before you respond with some BS about how that'll get you in trouble, I'll address that right now.

Some of the most vocal and opinionated people in the department (Vincent, Lehr, Farrand, Stone) have only been rewarded for sharing their concerns with management--not the other way around.

And all this crap about people getting screwed. You make it seem like people have been disciplined when they did nothing wrong. Any examples? I can't think of any. And if you say RH, your credibility is gone. He deserved everything he got.

Is management watching? Sure they are--they'd be negligent not to. Are they looking for reasons to get people in trouble? If you really believe that--I feel sorry for your friends and family who have to put up with you all the time.

02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow! A whole five officers! You guys are killin it over there!! Hey, stay on your side of the street with your traffic stops! Ill keep waving at you as I drive by!

02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
ok so there was a crowd. So you call his ride that is already 10-51, tell them to 56 you at GPD. If you must you cuff the officer (for the crowd) drive five blocks take off the cuffs. Get 10-19 buy the guy a water to drink from the soda machine and wait with him till his ride is there. The drunks at the bar see him in the back of a Cruiser. Everyone is happy.

02-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Funny thing is that even GPPD just turned this post negativiely towards their own officers. It's something in the water that causes them to throw each other under the bus. Honk Honk, who's driving the bus today?

SPPD, keep your chin up someday they all will understand what real police work is about and what the true value of brothership is. Remeber GPPD it was a misdemeanor and remember what discretion you have with misdemeanors? Oh wait not with your chief he took that away from you all a long time ago along with your spines.

02-20-2007, 02:55 AM
How bout we all move on.

02-20-2007, 05:22 AM
HOW BOUT THIS....

************** BADGE / FREE RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all you rookies out there, this means the officer gets a ride home no matter what it takes.

wow what a concept

02-20-2007, 10:17 AM
If I remember right, one of your traffic guys/girls wrote an ATF agent when they were in the middle of a rolling surveillance.

Yea Gulfport has problems, but so does SPPD. Let it go.

02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
YOU WANT EXAMPLES OF OFFICERS WHO WERE UNFAIRLY DISCIPLINED? HOW ABOUT WHEN HP HAD IT PUT IN HIS EVAL THAT HE LEFT WATER AROUND THE BATHROOM SINK AND LATER ON IT WAS BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY CHIEF GEE WILLIKERS WHEN HE WAS BEING HEMMED UP FOR SOME OTHER UNRELATED INCIDENT.

OR HOW ABOUT WHEN ONE OFFICER GETS DISCIPLINED FOR LEAVING HIS WEAPON IN THE PATROL CAR AFTER HIS SHIFT BUT WHEN ANOTHER OFFICER DOES IT NO ONE SAYS A WORD AND A SERGEANT KNEW ABOUT IT. I WONT CONTINUE TO LIST EXAMPLES BECAUSE THE POINT IS NOT TO EMBARRASS ANYONE.

POLICE OFFICERS ARE HUMAN BEINGS WHO MAKE MISTAKES. ITS HOW YOU HANDLE THOSE MISTAKES AS A SUPERVISOR THAT MAKES YOU WORTHY OF WEARING THAT GOLD BADGE.

THERE WAS A TIME BEFORE CHIEF GEE WILLIKERS. A TIME WHEN YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND THE CHIEF WOULD CALL YOU INTO HIS OFFICE FOR ONE OF HIS TALKS. YOU GOT YOUR BACK SIDE CHEWED AND YOU WERE EMBARRASSED BUT NOTHING WENT INTO YOUR FILE UNLESS YOU DIDNT LEARN YOUR LESSON.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE ADMIN WE HAVE NOW IS THEY RULE BY FEAR. SGT POS WAS AFFAID TO MAKE A DECISION ON HIS OWN BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED THAT IF HE MADE THE WRONG DECISION HE WOULD BE PUNISHED. THAT IS WHY HE CALLED THE CHIEF.

THE DAYS OF OFFICERS HAVING DISCRETION IN G-PORT ARE OVER. IF THE DECISION YOU MAKE IS NOT WHAT A MEMBER OF THE ADMIN SEES APPROPRIATE THEN YOU ARE IN HOT WATER.

OFFICERS HAVE TO MAKE HARD DECISIONS EVERYDAY AND THE LAST THING THEY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IS A SUPERVISOR WRITING THEM UP BECAUSE THEY HANDLED IT IN SOME OTHER FASHION THEN THEY WOULD HAVE.

ITS OK BECAUSE THE REST OF PINELLAS COUNTY WILL CONTINUE TO GET THE GOOD OFFICERS FROM GPD AS LONG AS THIS ADMIN CONTINUES TO TREAT THEIR OFFICERS THIS WAY!

02-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Old Skool, What makes you worthy to wear that Bage is Honor and Integrity you freakin twit. You get in here with the rest of these bottom feeders and talk about getting a free ride and acting like you are above the law. YOU AREN'T!

The more I read through out these forums the more I realize that what posts here are the worst these agencies has to offer. The ones with even a sliver of integrity don't bother posting here because they are too busy doing their jobs. The ones posting here are the ones that squeeked by through life and spend their time *****ing and moaning the entire shift.

SFTU and go to work!

02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
To the SGT POS supporter,

I completely understand where your coming from. As a new officer with only 6 years on the job you always want to do the right thing because your a cop.

The whole badge / honor/ glory thing has gone to your head a little. Take a step back and look at the big picture. As police officers we have a duty to serve and protect. Yes we uphold the law and use 99% of our job with DESCRETION.

This job is the greatest in the world. That is why we do it. We help others for self satisfaction. Now lets look at it from the inside. You work for a small agency that lacks leadership. Understandably you want to be the one who leads. You want to advance in your career and make Sergeant etc.

Being a cop was created long before you were born. This job has been around for centuries. We are just picking up where the old timers left off. Now it's your turn! My father would turn over in his grave to see what young officers like yourself are doing today. You have no respect for what they have created.

When I came on the job many years ago, I too wanted to do the right thing. I still do but with the realization that I won't BURN BRIDGES. You cannot advance if everyone hates you for a mistake that was made.

Read the thousands of post on the FHP board that talks about Trooper Burgoes and the mistake he made when he wrote an off duty Miami Lt. a ticket while his dieing son lied in a hospital bed. He never got to say goodbye to his son because the trooper had to give the LT. a ticket. That was a huge mistake and he will pay for it for the rest of his career.

The moral of this story is be proud of who you are. Be proud to be a cop. Stop trying to stick up for your agency. Stick up for me your brother officer. Our brotherhood runs deep. Please carry on the tradition.

Standing behind the THIN BLUE LINE,
Captain J. Williams
LAPD

02-20-2007, 10:57 PM
BRAVO Captain. Here is the thing to remember Sergeant you can make up your own mind and you did not have to call the Chief to help you make a desicion.

I am sure you were on the fence between doing what was right and getting that stat and the pat on the back from the chief.

If you leave it up to the chief to make your decisions you will always be wrong because chief forgot how to be a cop years ago in Boca.

Remember he looks out for himself and himself alone not you and YOU have a long road ahead of you that may or may not be spent in Goofport depending on how well the chief likes you...

The golden child today and the black sheep tomorrow.

02-21-2007, 01:28 AM
RB did not call the chief to have the decision made for him. He called the chief to inform him of the circumstances. The chief did not tell him what to do. RB called the chief because there were no lieutenants in town at the time, so the chief was the next person in his chain of command.

And guess what, it happened in St. Pete too. The SPPD watch commander called his boss, a major, and the major called the asst. chief, and the asst. chief called the chief. It's how things work in law enforcement.

02-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Now thats comparable......Hey Chief I just arrested another cop on a bullsh!t charge....good for me....as compared to ....Oh Sh!t one of our cops just got arrested and we need to let you know before you see it on the news in the morning

02-21-2007, 10:07 AM
i new to the game here in Fl.Didn't a gulfport officer a couple of yrs ago leave his firearm in a unlocked car. At his residance.
please advise me
thank you.

02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Now thats comparable......Hey Chief I just arrested another cop on a bullsh!t charge....good for me....as compared to ....Oh Sh!t one of our cops just got arrested and we need to let you know before you see it on the news in the morning

So I suppose in any other agency, if somebody arrests a cop, the highest person who's going to know about it is the sergeant on duty? BS! That news will at least go one step up, which in this case was the chief.

02-21-2007, 12:27 PM
RB did not call the chief to have the decision made for him. He called the chief to inform him of the circumstances. The chief did not tell him what to do. RB called the chief because there were no lieutenants in town at the time, so the chief was the next person in his chain of command.

And guess what, it happened in St. Pete too. The SPPD watch commander called his boss, a major, and the major called the asst. chief, and the asst. chief called the chief. It's how things work in law enforcement.

You are a freakin moron pal, you are going to tell me that RB followed procedure in calling the chief just because he made a misdemeanor arrerst. If that is the case then the chief has no faith in his officers. RB called to have the chief make the decision for him.

Yeah i am sure that when a agency has one of it's members arrested they are going to be calling everyone in their chain of command

02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
RB is the golden child suck up in Gulfport. In 5 years he went from patrol to detective to Sgt. He is the Chief's lapdog.

Way to go RB. I'm sure the Chief is proud of you. POS.

02-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Dont forget that with his whopping 5 years of experience Rob did a year as a dispatcher.

02-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Its funny how people claiming to be from GPD, will come on here and rip on Sgt. RB. And these people will talk smack how Sgt. BR is a "suck up" just because he made it somewhere in five or six years.

THATS JUST BS. Why don't you think 555 isnt a Sgt. HE DIDNT STEP UP AND TAKE THAT CHALLENGE. How many of our GPD guys and gals can say (at least the ones who are eligable) they took the sgts test, that they want to help change whatever they feel is wrong with GPD. NO ONE.

None of you whinners knows how it feels to be responsible for anyone else in our agency. And its not an easy task. The majority of our people are knowledgeable and capable. But, there are a few bone heads...more than a few.

Sgt. RB is doing a good job. All you haters need to take a long look at yourselves. I know some of you SPPD guys are pissed cause one of your own wore braclets. You need to just get over it.

Saying that Sgt. RB is a "lap dog",...please. He just had the balls to step up and be a leader in a pd that doens't have many in the rank and file. Guest 13 your probable not a GPD cop. I'd bet on it.

Sgt. RB made a touch decision, THAst WHAT LEADERS Do! :lol:

02-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Leaders dont call the Chief before making a decision

02-22-2007, 03:54 AM
No, ur right Mr. Guest, but they do call their boss and give them a heads up, in instances where the media may get involved. Less we forget, the media loves to write about cops and their mistakes.

02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
you call after you make your decision not before so the chief can make it for you. i dont think the media vans circle around gulfport for instant breaking news. the fact is, is that rb just like most of the admin are buisness men NOT COPS

02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
business men? you give the sgt's at gpd too much credit unless the business you mean involves cleaning toilets :D

02-23-2007, 03:17 AM
What gives all you the right to be above the law? The moron was across the street, lights on and foot on the brake! The crowd was there at 2 am! Was you officer that intelligent to be there? Is that the intelligence St Pete provides all? you all want a break, but St. pete Times would be all over you for the stupidity if he crashed like your boat driver into those docks! Think before you speak the truth!

Good job Sgt POS, whatever your real name is. Hope the notch in your belt helps your promotion chances!!!! Must have been a delight to arrest a fellow officer for DUI who was sleeping in his truck in a parking lot so he didn't have to drive home. Too bad he had the engine on to heat the vehicle and didn't just freeze or get hypothermia so he was safe in G-town. In the rest of the free world these are situations where we use COMMON SENSE. I wouldn't bat an eye if the officer had been driving or passed out behind the wheel at a stoplight...but parked and sleeping in a parking lot...Good F'ing Job. I hope they post the location of your promotion party so we can meet when your driving away. You are truly the bottom layer of foul pond scum!!!!!!!!!

02-24-2007, 11:58 PM
We are all brothers and folks should stop calling each other rude names.

The originating officer should have done what he would have done with a citizen. Listened to why the person was sleeping in the vehicle and not wanting to drive intoxicated......then called them a friend or cab.

A jury trial in this matter should actually resolve it....

03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I appreciate your post, but I disagree. We are to enforce the law, not stand above it. That may sound self righteous and silly to a lot of you, but I don't really care.

Sometimes cops are arrested for doing things they shouldn't be doing. I wasn't there during this incident so I will not pass judgement on either side, but I do know the Sgt. in question and know he is a good cop and doesn't deserve the beating he is taking on these forums. Sometimes shitzu happens and you deal with it the best you can and move on. The biggest problem I have is the ones wanting to form lynch mobs when they don't even have the facts.

To the SGT POS supporter,

I completely understand where your coming from. As a new officer with only 6 years on the job you always want to do the right thing because your a cop.

The whole badge / honor/ glory thing has gone to your head a little. Take a step back and look at the big picture. As police officers we have a duty to serve and protect. Yes we uphold the law and use 99% of our job with DESCRETION.

This job is the greatest in the world. That is why we do it. We help others for self satisfaction. Now lets look at it from the inside. You work for a small agency that lacks leadership. Understandably you want to be the one who leads. You want to advance in your career and make Sergeant etc.

Being a cop was created long before you were born. This job has been around for centuries. We are just picking up where the old timers left off. Now it's your turn! My father would turn over in his grave to see what young officers like yourself are doing today. You have no respect for what they have created.

When I came on the job many years ago, I too wanted to do the right thing. I still do but with the realization that I won't BURN BRIDGES. You cannot advance if everyone hates you for a mistake that was made.

Read the thousands of post on the FHP board that talks about Trooper Burgoes and the mistake he made when he wrote an off duty Miami Lt. a ticket while his dieing son lied in a hospital bed. He never got to say goodbye to his son because the trooper had to give the LT. a ticket. That was a huge mistake and he will pay for it for the rest of his career.

The moral of this story is be proud of who you are. Be proud to be a cop. Stop trying to stick up for your agency. Stick up for me your brother officer. Our brotherhood runs deep. Please carry on the tradition.

Standing behind the THIN BLUE LINE,
Captain J. Williams
LAPD

03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Well I know him also and I know that he is a true company man. He bought into the propaganda long ago. Trust me on this he is out to make himself look good in Curt's eyes and that is it. He has no brotherhood.

03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
lol, and I'm sure you have expressed your opinion of him to his face. :roll:

Fearless internet Warriors. lol