PDA

View Full Version : PBA

02-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Northwest Florida Chapter PBA has a meeting scheduled for Wednesday February 21st at 7pm at the PBA office on Burgess. This is a general meeting and all members are encouraged to attend. Contract issues are to be discussed so try and be there! Thank you!

02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
whats the current discussion, changing the color of the pamplets from green to yellow for cowards. Or maybe we can change the promotion process again to a height test so that ALL the retards will have a chance to be promoted. Give me a break Bain, you don't want to hear the truth so why so show up, point well made, have a nice night drinking!

02-18-2007, 03:15 AM
whats the current discussion, changing the color of the pamplets from green to yellow for cowards. Or maybe we can change the promotion process again to a height test so that ALL the retards will have a chance to be promoted. Give me a break Bain, you don't want to hear the truth so why so show up, point well made, have a nice night drinking!Are you afraid to speak the truth in public? Show up at the meeting or shut up! If your a member come to the meeting and voice your opinion or shut up! If your not a member, shut up! You only run your mouth under the guise of anomynity, if you are a member and want to help make change, come to the meeting and give your ideas and be constructive! We can only change things if we work in unity and not against one another as the Sheriff wants us too and he's doing a hell of a good job by destroying PBA's unity locally! And by the way, I'm not Bain, and until you know the truth behind what he has really tried to do for us stop complaining! If you can't say what you want to say to his face then don't say anything!! We need to strengthen our numbers!

02-18-2007, 08:32 AM
PBA gave the sheriff everything he wanted in the contract last time on the guise that he was going to fix pay etc etc etc etc. I see PBA as a weak union without support from the majority of the deputies that don't want to get involved becuase it really does no good. I know the PBA has nothing to do with how the sheriff spends the budget money but they should be doing things through the official channels to let the man know how upset so many of his employees are with crappy pay raise among other things. The sheriff did a good job with the last promotions as he guaranteed himself at least a years worth of push overs.

02-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Lets not forget that the employees at the Sheriff's Office passed the contract, not the PBA board. As a matter of fact lets look at the numbers:

Deputy Sheriffs 142 For 43 Against
Law Enforcement Supervisors 64 For 8 Against
Detention Deputies 163 For 6 Against
Detention Supervisors 25 For 2 Against
Direct Support 179 For 13 Against

The contract passed by an overwhelming majority. 573 to 72. Seems you were on the losing side so now you want talk bad about those who negotiated the contract. Your opinions towards the union speak volumes and if you are a member (I doubt it) I would recommend joining the board and moving it in the direction you think it needs to go. If you are too lazy to do that, I would seriously recommend leaving and joining FOP for your legal protection. Better yet, get IUPA to come in :roll:

Is our agency perfect? Absolutely not. Is it better than the other local agencies? I think so. Between October 1, 2006 and October 1, 2007 you will have gotten an 11% raise minimum. We are the highest starting pay in the area now. Have you read the Fox Lawson survey? Seems we do better than a whole lot of agencies. You still do a lot of whining and offer no suggestions. You didn't get your way on the contract, you didn't get promoted and you didn't get as big a raise as you wanted. Now you make allegations and attack the Board members integrity anonymously. That's o.k. have your tantrum here. It accomplishes so much.

02-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Look at the numbers again and you will see just how many deputies actually voted. THAT speaks volumes in itself. Everyone always claims whining and talk about anonymity but yet YOU guys never say who you are so in that, shut your a$$. You are just as anonymous as the rest of us that fear retribution from anyone that actually might know the identiites of people willing to say anything against the current admin. Even PBA board members negotiating are doing it. O'hara is the only one out of your bunch that has some hair on his a$$ ref. that one.

PBA needs to try to get the support of the deputies by doing things that actually benfit them and not the admin. Members pretty much pay PBA for the legal service because that is about all its worth these days.

02-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I forgot to add that PPD is still the highest paying agency in the area because they start out at a little over 32K and our guys have to wait a year to get it so YOU go back and check your numbers again. My first post included no whining and I think it just hit your board member nerve.

02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I think the PBA is doing an ok job. Remember that those guys have to still work under the Sheriff. I think the PBA is trying to repair the damage done by our last representative. ??????? I agree with you 100%. The PBA now needs to step up and ask some questions as to our pay raise. Who has our money?

03-04-2007, 03:27 AM
I think the PBA is doing an ok job. Remember that those guys have to still work under the Sheriff. I think the PBA is trying to repair the damage done by our last representative.

There was no "damage done", they just didn't roll over and play dead. I don't remember any of our "last representatives" getting promoted during that time like some of our current representatives. Let just face the facts, we're not happy when they go against the sheriff and we're not happy when they don't.