PDA

View Full Version : Road vs Jail

02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
:oops:
I must say I am truly embarassed for the way you people-my fellow certified deputies- act on this public forum. Almost every post on this forum ends up the same way, the road vs. jail fight. LETS ALL GET ONE THING STRAIGHT-- WE ARE ALL (LIKE IT OR NOT) CERTIFIED SHERIFFS DEPUTIES. If I had wanted your job I would have gone through the road academy, and if you would have wanted my job you would have gone through the detention academy. Both sides of the house need eachother (AGAIN LIKE IT OR NOT). Now I know some unintelligient jerk will post "the jail could be a bunch of civilian posts", or something of the like. But could we try to actually appear somewhat intelligent in the things we post here. For those of you road deputies that are gonna say things like a civilian could do my job -may I point out a few things =
1. I deal on an average basis with 90-100 inmates at a time / you 1-3.
2. We are locked in with only pepperspray, a radio and our wits/ you have a taser, gun, asp, pepperspray, shotgun.
3.I have to deal with the same 10-15's (signal 20's) constantly / you may not see the same 10-15 ever.
4. We have uses of force on a monthly/weekly and sometimes daily basis/ you may go months without having to go "hands on"
Now the upside
1. I have backup seconds away when needed/ you wonder if backup will make it
2. I don't have to go into unfamiliar houses and wonder if someone is hiding behind me / you do.
3. I can be relatively sure ( not positive-they are resourceful) that my 10-15's don't have weapons / you are never sure.
4. I don't have to stand in the rain/cold/hurricane weather / you are required to do your duty ( kind of like the old saying of the mailmen-never rain, sleet or dark of night)
Now for ALL my fellow deputies -if you think the grass is greener-Go to crossover and try it. I still believe that we need eachother Both sides of the house.
Now try to be safe out there (Patrol) & be safe in there (Detention)
Everyone be sure to end your shift safe and go home to your families-I Hate when I see black bands on badges.

02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Well said! I agree with all you've said. We all need to stand tall and stick together. Lets not let the few people who like to "stir the pot" get between us.

02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
BRAVO, Well said, both sides need to stand together, I am telling tou with almost certainty that the ones that are posting these harmful things that are always aimed at dividing us is probably coming from the Admin. side of the house. They succeed if we don't stand together they don't want us to be successful with our Union and it benifits them if we fail. then they retain the control over us. Try to remember when you read these posts what is the message and who will benifit

02-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I believe this is one of the best posts I have read on this forum, honest and informative. Great post Detention deputy ! I agree with you whole heartedly. :)

02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with the above, we are all suited for the jobs we take. Why should we think we are better than the other side of the house. We do need to co-exist to have a successful agency.

03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey, great post. As a road deputy I could never do what you all do in the jail The stuff you have to put up with is unbelievable. Being locked in there with all of them and they having more rights then you... Hats off to all of you. Keep up the great work and thanks for all you do. You do your job in there in the same efficient way you've been doing, and I'll do all I can to keep it right on mine. Be safe and God Bless.

03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
now how about a group hug.

03-03-2007, 03:47 AM
and kisses too!!!!

03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
there are assholes in all areas of all jobs. Once you realize that you wont care who says what and carry on doing your job as best you can. I'll try to be safe out here, you all be safe in there.

Peace from the road my shut in brothers!

03-04-2007, 01:14 PM
OK, I forgot the child filter is on.

there are a$$hole$ in all areas of all jobs. Once you realize that you wont care who says what and carry on doing your job as best you can. I'll try to be safe out here, you all be safe in there.

Peace from the road my shut in brothers!

05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow I just found this post and decided it should be brought to the current posts. I think this is a great post. And I agree i don't want to be locked in with the scum of Pasco county.

06-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Well said!!! we are one.. lets show it with more posts like this.. Thank you all!!!!

06-02-2007, 03:40 PM
No we are not one, I hate the jail. You are just posers. The road laughs at the jail behind their back.

fldeputy
06-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Guest, maybe YOU do,.....but WE don't

06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
There will always be the ones that are going to start this crap up all the time, I look at all of you the same, we are on the same team we just different disciplines, but don't worry about hiding behind my back if you have something you need to get off your chest about me or any of my guys let me know.

x 7297 Jacobs

Otherwise lets be a united front and concur. :wink:

fldeputy
06-03-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm with you....

06-03-2007, 04:05 AM
See even this post starts to turn into a US vs them thing. Guess what guys an gals like it or not we Need eachother. And if you think the grass is greener--then go to crossover and try it. BTW thank you for all who concur. :lol:

06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I knew as soon as I hit that darn button I was like crap "conquer" would be the correct terminology, whoops bad me! I was a good laugh :lol: :oops:

06-09-2007, 03:07 AM
I've worked in both disciplines for at least five years apiece and working inside with all those losers (inmates too) sucks. Corrections Officers are wanna be cops and Cops are the kids that got picked on and their lunch money stolen. Now they have to hide behind a badge to fullfill their self worth. Thats why I quit Law Enforcement (as a Detective) because I got tired of wearing the same gay uniform as all those egotistical Blue light losers. Do yourselves a favor and get a respectable job like cleaning toilets or something.

06-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I've worked in both disciplines for at least five years apiece and working inside with all those losers (inmates too) sucks. Corrections Officers are wanna be cops and Cops are the kids that got picked on and their lunch money stolen. Now they have to hide behind a badge to fullfill their self worth. Thats why I quit Law Enforcement (as a Detective) because I got tired of wearing the same gay uniform as all those egotistical Blue light losers. Do yourselves a favor and get a respectable job like cleaning toilets or something.

What unit were you a detective in? It must have been a unique one because not many detectives have to wear the same uniforms (gay or not), (your sexual preference is your business). Just be proud of your toilet brush and maybe others will turn in their cruiser for a cleaning cart just like you did.

06-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey oh please,
If you went to the road from the jail. Then those of us that work there--Thank You, I deal with enough P.o.S's on the inside of the bars to add to another one on my side of the bars. Good luck in your future endeavors & I hope your co-workers know your a dirtbag

04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought it might be time that this old post be brought to the light of day. Be safe all my "brothers & sisters" whether in the jail , or out on the road.

04-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I AGREE

04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Well now that the union fight can't be fouhgt-it looks like were back to this argument. I agree with the orignal poster of this. We NEED eachother, and We NEED to work together.

04-24-2008, 02:26 AM
TEAM WORK!

lostinspace
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Can't we all just get along! :?

04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Can't we all just get along! :?

Nope, end parity pay and we can talk about getting along.

04-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Road guy!!
Why don't you try a "ride along" with one of us. Lets se how you do with 100 inmates and no weapons. Bet you find out how comforting you find your utility belt after that day. If not brave enough--Shut up. Walk a mile in my and my fellow "jail guards" shoes before running our trap. BTW try reading the first post again. Except this time have someone with a brain translate it for you. Like it or not --We do NEED eachother in this job.

04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Road guy!!
Why don't you try a "ride along" with one of us. Lets se how you do with 100 inmates and no weapons. Bet you find out how comforting you find your utility belt after that day. If not brave enough--Shut up. Walk a mile in my and my fellow "jail guards" shoes before running our trap. BTW try reading the first post again. Except this time have someone with a brain translate it for you. Like it or not --We do NEED eachother in this job.

Been there and done that. Not a big deal. Equal pay for equal work and liability, end parity pay now!!!

Check ODMP.COM seems the danger is in the real world on the street not the comfort of the jail with back up seconds away. End parity pay...

04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
On what basis should they end pay parity? come on come up with an intelligent answer--that would be nice. For exactly what reasons do you think for example that a detention deputy thats been here 10 yrs should only make what a "great" road rookie makes?

04-25-2008, 07:43 PM
equal pay for equal work.