PDA

View Full Version : NRO's

02-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know what the status of the NRO's will be after April 1st? They are supposed to go back to full NRO duties after that! I hope they do, bcs not many people appreciate them but they do alot of good work and take alot of unnecessary heat off the patrol Officers when they are working as NRO full time!

02-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Read this article. All your questions will be answered.

http://www.citydebate.com/florida/miamibeach/template.php?url=0102120712.htm

02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Listen lazy patrolman,the N.R.O'S are scamers!! They dont do anything we cant do and they dont do police work SO,GET THEIR BUTTS OUT ON THE STREET HANDLING CALLS.. We/I will not be affected one bit,on the contrary!!!!We need then answering calls,no more b.s. units!!!

02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
What a limited view you have "No nro". If you only knew the amount of calls for service that don't make it to Patrol BECAUSE of the NRO's you would be thanking them instead of insulting them. Its not as easy a job as everything thinks and I am positive that if you ask to walk a day in their shoes they would be more than willing to show you.

02-15-2007, 02:41 AM
The NRO's were one of the best things to come to MBPD and that this department has done right , in a long time. They take care of of the things you don't want to do as a zone unit and handle our high maintance citizens with respect. If not for the NRO's taking care of the Home Owners Association meetings, crime & speeding issues we would all be busy with those types of things. They move the decoy cars, speed trailers, work with code enforcement and various other departments you can't even think of. Sure you see them with some down time, but there are plenty of times they are here nights & weekends. As far as the guys in the unit they all work very hard and take pride in what they do, so whats wrong with protecting their little piece of the pie. Lets show a little support and not be jeoulous or think everything is a scam.

NRO's, keep up the good work you do and be proud .....................................

02-15-2007, 02:53 AM
I agree with the last post< quit hating Mr. NoNro. I have personnally seen them work and take away from the B.S. aspect of this job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!

02-15-2007, 03:23 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank those fellow brothers and sisters that appreciate and support what we do. There are alot of duties that we handle that go unnoticed and alot of complaints/issues that never make it to station because we handle it.

I invite "Mr. No NRO" to come and see what we do or to talk about and not hide behind a computer. You know who I am and were you can find me. I understand that not all cops believe in Community Policing but maybe I can assist you in clearing up some of those negative perceptions you have of us.

Once again THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US!!!!!!

AB

02-15-2007, 11:06 PM
the nro s really do good work

02-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Do REALWORK,Pleaseeeee...any idiot who can talk smack can do that job!!
07 all N.R.O'S and place them on THE ROAD!! Those b.s. meetings are nothing more than 33 opportunities..Listen,if you have HALF a BRAIN,you can handle these cry baby citizens..The problem with most of you is that you are SCARED of these rich folks and intimidated!!!! I would love to attend these meetings and have asked but they know who to send,the non cop,kiss A$$...
Ajax and the rest of you boot lickers,stop defending these scamers and lets place them in PATROL with US! If u r scared of meetings,ill handle but lets make these guys do REAL police work!!
Chief,please 07 THE NROS and a few other worhless units/detals and beef up PATROL!!!MAKE THE BACK BONE STRONG AGAIN!!
Go ahead and cry some more,N.R.O.'s...

02-17-2007, 06:58 PM
No NRO=Moron

What's the matter, you have too much work writing two reports a day? Why don't you define "REAL" police work, since you seem to be the resident expert? While you're at it, we're looking for a new police chief so why don't you post your resume so we can see what "real" police work is all about.

02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
AT THIS DAY AND TIME UNFORTUNATELY "POLICE WORK" AS YOU GUYS ARE MENTIONING HAS COME DOWN TO THIS SAD STATE...WHEN MOST OF US STARTED THIS MANY MOONS AGO IT WAS ABOUT FIGHTING CRIME, ENFORCING LAWS, SERVING AND PROTECTING. IN OUR OWN WAY I SUPPOSE/HOPE WE STILL BELIEVE IN SOME OF THAT. WE ARE ALL NOT THE SAME/EQUAL WHEN IT COMES TO THE IN BELIEF OF "POLICE WORK".
-DO WE NEED NRO'S? ALL THEY ARE ARE BUFFERS. FROM CITZENS AND P.D. MAINLY THE BRASS(THE POLITICIANS). YES THEY GO TO THE MEETINGS AND GET *****ED AT FROM CITIZENS CONSTANTLY. THEN THEY HAVE TO REPORT TO THE BRASS. IS THAT "REAL POLICE WORK", IT'S NOT "STREET" POLICE WORK. IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT/BELIEVE IN IT, COME BACK TO PATROL. NRO'S AREN'T A NECESSITY BUT A LUXURY THE BRASS HAVE TO HAVE A LIASON.
***FROM EXPERIENCE(CORRECT ME IF WRONG) GENERAL PUBLIC WILL NEVER KNOW HOW AND WHY WE DO THINGS. THEY MAY SAY THEY KNOW OR UNDERSTAND BUT THEY WILL "NEVER" REALLY KNOW. JUST LIKE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS. THEY REALLY DO NOT KNOW 100% THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS WE HONESTLY EXPERIENCE. SO, WITH NRO'S TRYING TO MEET AND EXPLAIN AND BUFFER THE CITIZENS IS A WASTE OF TIME. SOUNDS GOOD ON PAPER BUT THE CITIZENS WILL ALWAYS IN THE BACK OF THEIR MIND THINK THE WAY THEY HAVE FOR GENERATIONS PAST.
NRO'S I DON'T WANT TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE, BUT WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS THAT. ALL THE MEETINGS WITH COMMUNITY. ALL MEETINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS TO COMMAND STAFF. ALL PAPERWORK, IDEAS, EFFORT, MEANS NOTHING BECAUSE THE ROAD OFFICERS HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE THEIR WORK EFFORTS FROM YEARS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE. SOME GIVE A DAMN AND SOME DON'T.

02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Citizens don't want to know anything about the police until the day they need us. That will never change. However, I will say this...Every meeting that the NRO's go to is one that I don't have to attend. If only for that reason alone, I think their job is worth it. What is the cost? Three guys. We lose three guys from patrol who will now handle all those meetings, paperwork, and follow-up. Handle all the citizen complaints. Explain to them why we can and can't do things. In reality, they are a buffer for US, not the brass. I just hate it when people on this website don't take the time to think things through. I've been to a homeowners association meeting before. It was an hour of them complaining about every little thing that they could think of. They complained about kids playing in the street, dogs running around in a park, trees whose fruit was falling on the street, it went on and on. If an NRO had been working that day, I wouldn't have had to go.

These meetings are a reality. In today's world, citizens groups will continue to demand that representatives from the police department attend and answer to their complaints. In my opinion, it is better for everyone if the NRO's attend to these matters. It saves each and every one of us from having to do it. Personally, I have alot of respect for people who would volunteer to do this work since I don't have the patience or temperament for it. There is more to policing today than the "street" police work you describe, guest.

02-18-2007, 05:48 PM
People like u r the perfect example of why we need to terminate the nro's.
Its true,police work is not all about catching the bad guys,WE ALSO NEED TO COMMUNICATE AND SHOW PATIENCE AND VERBAL SKILLS..If you cant handle OR worse DONT WANT TO SPEAK TO THE PUBLIC,U R A MENACE TO THIS DEPT AND COMMUNITY..GET OUT OF THE CAR,TALK TO FOLKS,NOT JUST 33'S AND TELL THEM THE TRUTH ABOUT WHATS UP!!
WE DONT NEED NROS FOR THAT,OY VEY!

02-18-2007, 11:16 PM
sgt. bobby ( bagdad bob) will be in charge of the NRO's and the PIO's as the PIO/NRo SGT

02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
As I said before "No Nro, you know were to find me. It appears you have alot of anxiety built up over my position. I invite you to come to my office so that we can discuss it. I will reserve my insults of you until I can see you face to face, alot come to mind. By the way, you are more than welcome to attend a meeting with me.

AB

02-20-2007, 12:49 AM
STOP CRYING ALL OF YOU. Both of your positions hold some truth, but both positions also are wrong. The NRO's play a vital role in the comminication of the Department's goals to the public. They represent the Department at community meetings and with members of City Hall. Trust me, most of you dont want this aspect of the job. The problem rises when tears flow down their face when they are asked to write a 17 report. The NRO's need to man up and understand that the car they drive is a marked police car and at times, they need to do police work. The rest of you need to understand that the NRO and Community Policing officer is an important role in the Department. AB is correct in letting you know that you should go to him and find out exactly what they do. However, he and his two fellow NRO's need to get their hands dirty once in a while. And one more thing... Before both sides of this debate decide to start your name calling on me, yes I am brass and I have a very good understanding of both sides of your issue. Not every position the Department takes is anti-cop. An uneducated position is one that is difficult to defend. Before you go on the offense you need to understand your opposing point of view.

02-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Well since you are saying that we should get our hands dirty every once in a while please let allow me to offer this bit of information. The NRO's (all three) came in second place for number of arrests with in their squads. This information can be obtained from your supervisor. You see in November the Day Shift Captain asked that the stats be posted for each day shift officer and each supervisor was suppose to show that to you. I have a copy for those non believers.

AB

02-24-2007, 02:42 PM
AB, relax and have a glass of wine. I was simply stating that when you three are called to do patrol work, go do it and be quite. Truth of the matter is since you were forced out of the full time NRO positions, you have still been allowed to work many shifts detatched. Agreed that is only when staffing allows for it but better that way than to hold a midnight guy over. In addition, you guys decided to get political and the boss responded in his normal way....He went after you. You know what they say about the heat of the stove. Additionally, do you really want me to publish the NRO arrest, ticket, FI, and report call stats since you were sent back to normal Patrol? have them and TRUST me, they dont help your argument. I agree that your role is important and I know that the NRO's do a very good job at things that most cops dont like. Its just important to know that the bottom line is that you are first line officers, second NRO officers until the next shift bid. Be careful what you ask for by going back to full time NRO. I dont think you will be very happy with the new proposed shift hours and days off while working out of the Office of the Chief.

03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I will not be vicious. NRO's are a closet job. A newly promoted Sgt. with no road time ever will now have full weekends off. Hey SGTS! Did ya hear! Junior Sgt. with a full weekend in charge of decent guys playing the system. I always thought CAPTAINS were supposed to go to these meetings. That is why NRO was developed, so the Captains did not have to get beat up. As far as I see it, that is why they get the big bucks not you. So, NRO's come home and put a junior sgt. in patrol. Believe me, if my 2 reports a day are completed I'll bet I can handle a Community Enhancement Form and a Crime Prevention form. My form will say from the citizen to put more cops in the street and make less closet jobs.

03-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Looks like another Sergeant Major in the making.

03-09-2007, 05:23 AM
NO SHAME IN THE GAME FOR ANY OF THEM...........BUT HEY...TYPICAL MIAMI BEACH METALITY RIGHT?????

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 03:58 AM
No freaked way

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 06:12 AM
Listen lazy patrolman,the N.R.O'S are scamers!! They dont do anything we cant do and they dont do police work SO,GET THEIR BUTTS OUT ON THE STREET HANDLING CALLS.. We/I will not be affected one bit,on the contrary!!!!We need then answering calls,no more b.s. units!!!

Nice post ELIO but you have said this like ten times before when you were our FTO. We know

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 06:25 AM
He is right but if they don't do it the Sgt.s will and I don't need any more shit , my plate is full.

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 04:09 PM
July Whote has been an NRO for 15 years. Guess why?

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Sazanov knock it off bro

Unregistered
11-18-2015, 04:50 AM
Why? Tell us, amaze us with your brilliance.