PDA

View Full Version : FISH IN A BARREL

02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Once again I have spent a few days as a citizen traveling on the Interstates, primarily I-75 from the state line to Tampa, and once again I've been practically blown off of the road by speeders and reckless drivers.

I was gratified to see a few of them taken down by troopers along the way and this is to say THANKS once again for nailing a few of these folks.

I've noticed a new twist - at least new to me. On the portions of the Interstate that are three lanes wide the speeders tend to stay out of the inside lane. If they come up behind a driver going the speed limit in the middle lane they will almost invariably pass to the drivers right. I guess they think that speeders are easier to spot in the "fast lane." I saw that the fast lane was the empty lane most of the time.

I certainly wish that FHP would use more unmarked cars in speed enforcement - and not just Crown Vics painted in drab colors. According to the specs, my Cadillac Sedan DeVille is capable of over 150 MPH when equipped with proper tires and with the computer adjusted. None of these scofflaws are going to spot a Cadillac as an unmarked car. Come on Colonel, spring for a few. You can probably find a dealer who will give you a great deal. Catching speeders would be like shooting fish in a barrel!

Anyway, thanks again Troopers for bringing down some of those creeps who are burning up the road!

Retired & Content (Hillsborough Co. S.O.)

:D

02-14-2007, 02:14 AM
I have been preaching the same story for years now. You cant do anything effective without unmarked calls. Call your state government and tell what you think! We need the public voicing their concern in order to change things. Our brass are morons and usually only listen to the public.