PDA

View Full Version : Want to Live On FOP 29 Lodge 29 Property

Tim Hennigan
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
LIVE ON BEAUTIFUL BELL LAKE
In Land O’Lakes, Florida
For FREE

Pasco County Sheriff’s Office FOP Lodge 29 is seeking a Law Enforcement Certified Deputy Sheriff to place a mobile home on over 40 secluded acres of cypress and oaks on Bell Lake in Land O’Lakes. You must be employed by the Pasco Sheriff’s Office, be a member of FOP Lodge 29 and your respective Labor Unit. The resident will receive an allotment for utilities and it is possible to live at this location for free. The Resident will be required to purchase their mobile home and incur all expenses in the placement.

Interested Members:

You need to sign on to www.pascofoplodge29.org (http://www.pascofoplodge29.org), register there as a member, send a short email to Secretary Rob Haugh advising what benefits you can provide to FOP Lodge 29 as a Resident on Our Property.

You can also send Secretary Rob Haugh a letter through regular mail, to the address listed above.

Cut off date will be April 1, 2007. All applicants will be interview by the Board of Directors at the Board Meeting on April 4, 2007. The prospective Resident will be required to present at this interviewed the type, elevation and floor plan of the mobile home you wish to place on Lodge 29’s property.

NOTE: Correction Deputies that are dual certified and in a Law Enforcement Position are encurged to apply

02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT CERTIFICATION YOU HOLD? IF YOU ARE REPRESENTING THE LODGE THEN YOU COULD BE THE CARE TAKER OF THE PROPERTY. I GUESS YOU REALLY ARE NOT A MEMBER UNLESS YOU ARE A ROAD DEPUTY?

Tim Hennigan
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Guest:

I am sorry you feel the way you do. Neither the Board, Members nor myself can make you feel any different, but I wish we could and get you involved. The FOP Lodge 29 has many dedicated Corrections Deputies as members The Board and myself have nothing but utmost respect for them and their profession and consider them as brothers and sisters. When reviewing YOUR Lodge’s need’s it would be best serving that the member that lives on YOUR Lodge’s properties have the authority to take LEO action if needed. This is to only reason for this decision. The property is a very large investment of the members and it is the intention of the Board to protect this investment the best we can. Corrections has many good members that meets the criteria, that are deserving of the chance to live on YOUR FOP Property. We encourage each and every one who falls with in the guidelines set forth to apply

02-09-2007, 01:38 AM
It is OK Guest, I think the rationalization was that only LE certified people are capable of hauling in a bunch of crap to make the place look like a junkyard right outside their 1981 singlewide trailer. Detention people would have too good taste to wreck the place to make it look as dumpy as it does.

Besides, Timmy wants someone there able to arrest the people who park in HIS spot, take HIS camper hook up, drink HIS beer, block HIS boat ramp, or block HIS view. Your lodge my ass!!!

02-09-2007, 02:48 AM
you should not make it a road / jail case. they need a certified deputy with arrest powers at the lodge. they are trying to clean up the eyesore by putting a new deputy there. if you want to live there , follow the rules and go to the road. dont make this a road jail issue.

02-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Arrest powers have nothing to do with what that person does! I did not make it a road verses corrections in any way, read the post! It is and will always be a Road/ corrections issue when you treat them the way you do. You have had a member living on the property that has not even worked at S.O. for many years what arrest powers did he have on the property?

The person there should not be making arrest and if you look at the stats I bet there has never been an arrest at the lodge.

So again you have spoken very loudly in the running of the Lodge!

02-09-2007, 03:56 AM
i dont know of an arrest , but i do know of trespassers. a road dep. can warn or arrest them. a jailer can only call a road dep. sorry , but thats the way it is.

02-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Arrest powers have nothing to do with what that person does! I did not make it a road verses corrections in any way, read the post! It is and will always be a Road/ corrections issue when you treat them the way you do. You have had a member living on the property that has not even worked at S.O. for many years what arrest powers did he have on the property?

The person there should not be making arrest and if you look at the stats I bet there has never been an arrest at the lodge.

So again you have spoken very loudly in the running of the Lodge!

Um, I thought the whole point was to correct the issue that has been happening there for the past several years and the mistakes made by the old boards. I guess because the last guy that had a dump there makes all deputies with arrest powers the same? There should be someone with arrest powers there. I do not have arrest powers and understand why it is needed for the protection of that location. You appear to have issues that run deeper than your not being able to make an arrest and have certain benefits that go along with it. We get paid the same even if we don't get a take home car. I had one and it sucks when you have to stop for broken down vehicles and other crap. We also do not have to work in the rain and by the time the people get to many of us, they are sober. Quit whining dude.

02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
how about putting a decent boat ramp in there, so members can launch a boat without getting stuck. what use is beautiful bell lake if you have no real access to it?

02-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I am so sick of the detention deputies coming on here and whining about every post. You can't put one damn post on here without them whining about it. Grow up!!!!!

02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
you consider everything whining from your point of view and can be understood, sit in the others chair for a little while and try making the same comment.

Now Lets go back to the original comment made above is based on one particular class of membership being given special treatment over any of the others and not because if has to be that way. You can sit here and claim that is has to be, but in reality it doesn't, it could be any person. The person that would be living on the property only requires and expectation of what is expected of them while living there. then the board is responsible to make sure that person is doing as expected. So I think that the original poster was attempting to point that out and of course they were bashed and called a whiner for pointing out the fact the board is neglecting a fair approach to ideas.

If the board if gonna approach the running of the lodge in a fair way then you must be willing to listen to all ideas and not allow your personal feelings to get in the way. If you are not gonna do it fairly then at least make it look fair. But then again I should have to say anything you guys have it all figured out!

02-12-2007, 05:18 PM
is that an inmate i see running away. take a head count and shut the f up

02-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Let me spell it out for you, the lodge wants a patrol deputy, not a detention deputy, not a cross over deputy. Why? Because they want LE action if needed, not someone who can merely call a LEO to the scene.

It is what they want so get over it, if you don't like it then I suggest you transfer to the road. If you can't do that then I suggest you go to another county or agency, what, can't do that either then I suggest you STFU

02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
AND YOU CALL THE DETENTION FOLKS IMMATURE?

02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm not trying to bash anyone in the jail, there used to be two detention deputies that were the courtesy officers for Chasco Woods Apartments and if and when they had a problem they would have to call patrol to take care of it. Why would the FOP put themselves in that same situation and have a detention deputy on the property when he or she can't take action.

02-14-2007, 11:10 AM
How about the F.O.P. call for service just like every body else, and not put any Deputy on there land.

02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
First of all it is "their" land not "there" land.

Second why don't you come to the road, make it through FTO and then it would not be a problem for you.

02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
OH MY GOD, I MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE. :oops:

02-14-2007, 08:55 PM
OK based on the responses I have seen clearly shows me all I need to know and I am sure there are others that see the same thing I have and that is that I will not participate in FOP activities other than the union. Thank you for representing all of us guys you are doing real well.

Their land is our land when it comes down to it and as a member I would love to see that ALL sides of the house are gonna be treated as one, but that is clearly not going to happen.

Board of Directors you are doing a great JOB! :wink:

02-14-2007, 10:57 PM
cool im duel certified and work on the detention side timmy. i hope i get the position so when i do get a possible 10-15 I COULD DO SOMETHING I NEVER DID BEFORE AND ARREST AN OFFENDER. BUT IN THE PROCESS I WILL CALL IN A ROAD DEPUTY SO IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO ARREST THE GUY DUE TO HIM SHOWING ME HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY. just speak the truth timmy, you want road and only road...when he goes to jail i will hook him up with a toothbrush though. thanks timmy

02-14-2007, 11:04 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/anyarocks/correctionsLg.jpg
gotta love it.

02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
LOCKDOWN!!! haha

Who the f*ck wants to live on some land and worry about trespassers and drunk lodge members stumbling around?? I'll stick to my condo thank you very much!

On second thought, would I have access to the lodge, for you know, security checks??? :P

Thirsting for a Mo Fuggers right about now!

02-15-2007, 01:16 AM
now you can be trailer trash as well. whens curfew tim

02-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Even though your "dual certified" I don't think that you are qualified to make a arrest if your not on the road. I mean you can't even serve a DVI in the jail much less take someones rights away.

02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
to the last post, before you type something know what your typing. that is the dummest post i have ever read. "duel certified employees cant make arrests.....lol" retard!!!!

02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Really you can? You are sworn and bonded and feel comfortable to go out and make an arrest? Per G.O. can you? If so then why can't you serve a warrant at the jail?

02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
You all missed the boat completely. Since you chose to turn it into road vs detention you should re-read the original post.
"Pasco County Sheriff’s Office FOP Lodge 29 is seeking a Law Enforcement Certified Deputy Sheriff"

"NOTE: Correction Deputies that are dual certified and in a Law Enforcement Position are encurged to apply"

those who are whining should read and comprehend before complaining. A Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy would only have the same powers of a homeowner/caretaker and the Lodge would not benefit from loosing a break on the liability insurance with a Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy being on the premises. It does benefit by having someone with Law Enforcement Powers on site. Don't confuse Law Enforcement Certified with the bat leo statute because it is completely different than the FS901 definition of a Law Enforcement Certified Officer.

I know a bunch of Detention Deputies that would be good to have out there, but anything you would do in taking Law Enforcement action could cost the members the lodge and the SO big $$$ and the Detention Deputy their job if they took Law Enforcement action without the authority to do so. Just as if a Law Enforcement Deputy took away rights, or priveleges from a detainee in one of the facilities. Why do you think the Sheriff doesn't have L.E. Deputies including detectives work OT in Detention unless they are dual certified?

02-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Cause we are too smart to work in the jail?

02-17-2007, 01:31 AM
we can serve warrants in the jail moron. its easier to call some retard in from the road to do it. we do every now and then when you guys are 10-40

02-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Cause we are too smart to work in the jail?
thats funny. i have a bachelors in criminal justice and choose to stay in the jail. why might you ask? I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU. plenty of overtime and unlike your off duty crap all of my overtime goes straight to my FRS. i made 25k in o.t. last year and it goes straight in my retirement every year. and oh ya i barely got off my rear end. so whose realy making the smart choices here.

02-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Even though your "dual certified" I don't think that you are qualified to make a arrest if your not on the road. I mean you can't even serve a DVI in the jail much less take someones rights away.
I make plenty of arrests in the Unit that I'm assigned to in the jail. As for being "Qualified", I've never had any Judge kick back any of my PC'S.
I'm Dual Certified and work in the Detention side of the house...Why? you ask. Because the money is sooo darn good! This last paycheck, I took home an extra $600.just from working a few hours of overtime here and there. The way I look at it, Why work for $25.00 an hr. when you could get time and a half plus the Agency's contribution to your FRS? I don't know about you but I show up for work everyday purly for the money. I know of several road deps. that checked into cross over classes because of the extra money they could be making in detention. Thanks to PHCC They don't offer the 17 hr. cross over class any longer. One of the most important things remember is we all put our pants on the same way everyday. Stay Safe My Brother/Sister!

02-17-2007, 04:05 AM
You all missed the boat completely. Since you chose to turn it into road vs detention you should re-read the original post.
"Pasco County Sheriff’s Office FOP Lodge 29 is seeking a Law Enforcement Certified Deputy Sheriff"

"NOTE: Correction Deputies that are dual certified and in a Law Enforcement Position are encurged to apply"

those who are whining should read and comprehend before complaining. A Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy would only have the same powers of a homeowner/caretaker and the Lodge would not benefit from loosing a break on the liability insurance with a Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy being on the premises. It does benefit by having someone with Law Enforcement Powers on site. Don't confuse Law Enforcement Certified with the bat leo statute because it is completely different than the FS901 definition of a Law Enforcement Certified Officer.

I know a bunch of Detention Deputies that would be good to have out there, but anything you would do in taking Law Enforcement action could cost the members the lodge and the SO big $$$ and the Detention Deputy their job if they took Law Enforcement action without the authority to do so. Just as if a Law Enforcement Deputy took away rights, or priveleges from a detainee in one of the facilities. Why do you think the Sheriff doesn't have L.E. Deputies including detectives work OT in Detention unless they are dual certified?
Like HELL!! You can work in that jail under your LE Certification for up to 6mo. The Sheriff only has to approve it!

02-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Just because you're allowed to do it does not mean that it right. Does FDLE say you can or is it just a unwritten rule to get the job done for the agency.

02-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Corrrect, the sheriff has the authority to waive the certification for 6 ,os and allow you to work in the jail up to 6 mos without being certified to do so. .He can do the same thing for positions on the road...

02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Where is that in black and white? or is that a secret policy somewhere

fldeputy
02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes, but I'm sure the main reason for a L.E. deputy at the lodge is for the security of the property. Having someone with a marked patrol car on the property and having full arrest powers while living on site is more than likely the reason for the offer. I don't believe the intent was to alienate anyone, just looking for a certain candidate.

Also, on another note, please remember to vote in the upcoming contract vote. Check the FOP website for dates and times.

02-25-2007, 02:43 AM
f.o.p. sucks

DOWN WITH DA UNION AND F.O.P.

fldeputy
02-25-2007, 04:07 AM
and yet, we continue to complain and do nothing

02-25-2007, 09:51 AM
f.o.p. sucks

DOWN WITH DA UNION AND F.O.P.

As my good friend "Chubs" says, "Spoken like a true a$$hole."