PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Part 2

02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I live in Homestead and went all the way to Broward to drop of my application, While the recruiter was reviewing my application he told me I had to change my address on my Driver License and make separate copies of my DL and SS cards the rest of my application was complete but I still could not apply untill I change the above items. I also notice several other black males being sent away due to different reasons. When I was leaving the room I over heard the same recruiter talking to a "White" applicant stating that he would take care of him in the oral board and that he had nothing to worry about. Being that iam not a quitter I went to the DMV and changed my DL address along with making those separate copies lets see what the recruiter has for me when i come back...Maybe I should bleach myself...LOL

02-07-2007, 11:56 PM
He made you change your DL address because it probably was not current, and if the move is over 10 days ago its a traffic violation to have an incorrect address on your DL. There is probably a policy in place that requires them to only except a DL with a current address. Its people like you who think everything is racially motivated that cause more problems than you cure.

02-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Its people like you who think everything is racially motivated that cause more problems than you cure.

YOU CAN’T CURE RACISM @SS-WIPE.

Just admit the fact that you are running a racist agency with preferential treatment for whites.

02-15-2007, 06:12 AM
BSO is so short on people they will hire ANYONE who passes the tests.

02-21-2007, 02:19 AM

Why do I keep hiring that yet they reject a lot of qualify candidates for BS stuff.

02-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Why do I keep hiring that yet they reject a lot of qualify candidates for BS stuff.

quit smokin dope
quit racing around town sippin malt
be a up standing citizen
get rid of the gold teeth
and most important, show a interest in police work

02-26-2007, 04:43 AM
quit smokin dope
quit racing around town sippin malt
be a up standing citizen
get rid of the gold teeth
and most important, show a interest in police work

Funny, you have no idea what race I am yet you assume I must be black. This is the KKK attitude in BSO that keeps minorities down.

02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
theres always gotta be someone to pull the race card.

02-27-2007, 08:16 PM
what race card was pulled,

seems like:

gold teeth
lawlessness
baggy pants
uneducated ' flori-dah' people

they come in in all flavors..

peace out

02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm sure if you pay Ken's secretary a few grand he will be happy to overlook your paperwork issue

02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Well gentleman I just dont agree with any of you. I went to drop of my app. yesterday afternoon and the entire staff was very nice starting from the "Black" female Deputy who scaned me while walking in, Following from the "White" Deputy reviewing my app, following from the "Hispanic" Deputy talking with me about the job and than ending with the "Black" HR lady telling me to wait two to three weeks for my next test. BSO looks like a good place to work, I just hope they give me a chance.

04-24-2007, 10:42 AM
I agree, the recruiters are awesome, super motivating and they do their jobs well. I can understand the posters frustration about the whole DL thing I went through the same thing, I had to go back 2 or 3 times but I have to admit, it IS unlawful anyway to not have your correct address on your DL and once you get everything done, you want the job even more. Reguardless of the race, everyone there is super nice and I can't wait to start working.

04-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I agree, the recruiters are awesome, super motivating and they do their jobs well. I can understand the posters frustration about the whole DL thing I went through the same thing, I had to go back 2 or 3 times but I have to admit, it IS unlawful anyway to not have your correct address on your DL and once you get everything done, you want the job even more. Reguardless of the race, everyone there is super nice and I can't wait to start working.

Anyone that ever saw the movie will know when I tell you that this place is really a sinking ship and has been for years. We seem to be getting more top heavy, more chiefs than indians, and there are the secret squirrel positions that only the "special" people get. Maybe it's not too late for you if you listen to some sound advice and go to work for an agency that has no smoke and mirrors and you don't have to keep looking over your shoulder to see who is gonna try to stab you in the back next. So, if you fail to heed this message just remember the famous ships that went down, The Titanic, The Andrea Doria, The Edmund Fitzgerald, PT 109, USS Arizona, and The BSO.

04-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Can't be any worse then the other depts. in the county.

04-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Can't be any worse then the other depts. in the county.

That's right, just keep telling yourself that. Did it work for Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz when she kept saying, There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home as she was in dreamland.

Don't be so naive to believe what you said that it can't be any worse than other depts. in the county. You should talk to officers from other agencies and ask them about what's it really like to work there, then you can make a more calculated conclusion as to where might be the best palce to try for a job. When you study for a test and you know the subject matter you will most certainly pass the test with flying colors. If you choose to gamble with half truths and misperceptions of what a place is like to work for based in part on how someone treated you at Human Resources then proceed at your own risk, besides, it's only your career and livelihood that you are dealing with. :cop:

04-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Well it's said all around the board, if you don't like it leave. I've heard alot of negative comments and alot of positive comments about BSO. When I feel I shouldn't be at BSO will be the time that I find another job. It's not that big of a deal really. Don't get me wrong, I take all this advice into consideration and everything but let's hear alot of pro's with the con's.

04-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Well it's said all around the board, if you don't like it leave. I've heard alot of negative comments and alot of positive comments about BSO. When I feel I shouldn't be at BSO will be the time that I find another job. It's not that big of a deal really. Don't get me wrong, I take all this advice into consideration and everything but let's hear alot of pro's with the con's.

You will see for yourself just what's in store for you here if you still pursue
to get on at BSO. The worst will be yet to come after that. If you plan on being a cheese eater, then you will fit right in, but you will always be known as "THE RAT". This place has plenty of rats no mater how many of them get exterminated more just show up to take their place. Unfortunately my inexperienced friend, I am closer to leaving than going somewhere else. But as for you, I see plenty of examples posted here that show you plain as the nose on your face to stay away from BSO which is like a pile of dog crap. If you had the chance to walk around the pile, wouldn't you?

Oh, and yeah, I see all the pro posts here, wow they are lining up here to sing the praises and tell you that all is good. Yeah,....... right!

04-26-2007, 01:34 AM

You will see for yourself just what's in store for you here if you still pursue
to get on at BSO. The worst will be yet to come after that. If you plan on being a cheese eater, then you will fit right in, but you will always be known as "THE RAT". This place has plenty of rats no mater how many of them get exterminated more just show up to take their place. Unfortunately my inexperienced friend, I am closer to leaving than going somewhere else. But as for you, I see plenty of examples posted here that show you plain as the nose on your face to stay away from BSO which is like a pile of dog crap. If you had the chance to walk around the pile, wouldn't you?

Oh, and yeah, I see all the pro posts here, wow they are lining up here to sing the praises and tell you that all is good. Yeah,....... right!

I work at Delray PD. Let me begin by saying we may be a small agency, but we have some big rats as well. I've been a cop for 18 years, I worked in 3 cities a big city PD, a Sheriff's Office up north and now Delray PD. This crap happens everywhere in every city county, and state. I'm so sick of hearing people say their agency sucks, I got an idea get of Law Enforcement, you'll never find a perfect agency.

04-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Agree'd

04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shit sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

Follow your dreams. I love working for the Sheriff's office and could never work for a city. Things will get better.

04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

You will be taking a real big bite of that shizzat sandwich at BSO and the major difference between now and back in my time was that then we had a great boss that gave us everything we needed to do our jobs, he cared about us and it was a great place to work. But since the old boss left all the bosses that got elected after him have been so disappointing. Well, remember to bring a bib with you when you eat that "sandwich", and a closepin for your nose too.

04-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Follow your dreams. I love working for the Sheriff's office and could never work for a city. Things will get better.

Ok Dorothy, bring your dog Toto with you when you start your next dream about how great the Sheriff's Office is to work for. Things will geat better, wow, maybe the other guy will share some of that shiatzz sandwich with you if you really believe that things will get better, bon appitite!

04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Just curious do any of you work for back rounds? As a BSO applicant I probably shouldn’t be asking for tips on upcoming exams but I’ll tell you this much I am willing to eat the entire shit sandwich just to become a Sheriff.

04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
[quote="Pursuit to happiness":1gltdv33]I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

Ok Dorothy, bring your dog Toto with you when you start your next dream about how great the Sheriff's Office is to work for. Things will geat better, wow, maybe the other guy will share some of that shiatzz sandwich with you if you really believe that things will get better, bon appitite![/quote:1gltdv33]

Hey sh**head don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. Do us all a favor a leave, not just BSO but Law Enforcement. It's evident you are a piss poor cop. Go look at any of these boards of the city PD's in this county and you'll see the same complaining. It's sad the give people like R U Kidding a badge and gun.

04-27-2007, 12:52 AM
[quote="Pursuit to happiness":1qubbl3h]I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

Ok Dorothy, bring your dog Toto with you when you start your next dream about how great the Sheriff's Office is to work for. Things will geat better, wow, maybe the other guy will share some of that shiatzz sandwich with you if you really believe that things will get better, bon appitite!

Hey sh**head don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. Do us all a favor a leave, not just BSO but Law Enforcement. It's evident you are a piss poor cop. Go look at any of these boards of the city PD's in this county and you'll see the same complaining. It's sad the give people like R U Kidding a badge and gun.[/quote:1qubbl3h]

I was knee deep in ghetto scum when you were suckin on your mama's nipple so don't walk in shoes that you could never fill little bug. The only thing about piss that you may be familiar with is the taste so don't even try to ask for more because you have been cut off. I know a great deal about the sinking ship so when you try to talk about "sad", it's sad you have put your foot in your mouth after steppin on that shizzat sandwich thats being passed around the board here you loser!

04-27-2007, 01:47 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="Pursuit to happiness":3niqtrh5]I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

Hey sh**head don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. Do us all a favor a leave, not just BSO but Law Enforcement. It's evident you are a piss poor cop. Go look at any of these boards of the city PD's in this county and you'll see the same complaining. It's sad the give people like R U Kidding a badge and gun.[/quote:3niqtrh5]

I was knee deep in ghetto scum when you were suckin on your mama's nipple so don't walk in shoes that you could never fill little bug. The only thing about piss that you may be familiar with is the taste so don't even try to ask for more because you have been cut off. I know a great deal about the sinking ship so when you try to talk about "sad", it's sad you have put your foot in your mouth after steppin on that shizzat sandwich thats being passed around the board here you loser![/quote:3niqtrh5]

I don't know whom you're talking to, but you better recognize. I was working the streets of Deerfield Beach back in the early 70's before you sorry a** thought about becoming a cop. I know the shoes you speak of, I created them. If you don't like it here, leave. Nothing is holding you back. Do us all a favor and quit, you are a poor excuse for a cop coming on here disrespecting applicants trying to get hired.

04-27-2007, 02:18 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="Pursuit to happiness":26z2g0pc]I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

Hey sh**head don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. Do us all a favor a leave, not just BSO but Law Enforcement. It's evident you are a piss poor cop. Go look at any of these boards of the city PD's in this county and you'll see the same complaining. It's sad the give people like R U Kidding a badge and gun.

I was knee deep in ghetto scum when you were suckin on your mama's nipple so don't walk in shoes that you could never fill little bug. The only thing about piss that you may be familiar with is the taste so don't even try to ask for more because you have been cut off. I know a great deal about the sinking ship so when you try to talk about "sad", it's sad you have put your foot in your mouth after steppin on that shizzat sandwich thats being passed around the board here you loser![/quote:26z2g0pc]

I don't know whom you're talking to, but you better recognize. I was working the streets of Deerfield Beach back in the early 70's before you sorry a** thought about becoming a cop. I know the shoes you speak of, I created them. If you don't like it here, leave. Nothing is holding you back. Do us all a favor and quit, you are a poor excuse for a cop coming on here disrespecting applicants trying to get hired.[/quote:26z2g0pc]

So, know it all, maybe first you will practice your grammar and sentence structure as it makes you look like a laughing "MOOSE", just like the poor pathetic shoulder patches that DBPD worn on those sorry azz uniforms.

And yes, pay attention, I am talking to you. So, you are probably one of those lame azz pukes that just rode around in Deerfield waiting for something to happen. As for quitting, it will be when I'm ready, on my terms, not your sorry azz.

As for those poor misinformed applicants, if you were a real cop you would admit that the sinking ship is not the place to come to but I'm sure you'll continue on your sorry azz rants. I am still waiting for all the positive posts to come in, singing the praises of BSO and to show all the reasons why this is such a fabulous place to work. As stated previously, this was a real agency back in the day, but not anymore and you know it too.

04-27-2007, 03:11 AM
[quote="R U KIDDING":3pzzjle0][quote=Anonymous][quote="Pursuit to happiness":3pzzjle0]I don’t want to be a cheese eating rat I want to be a SHERIFF just like how you wanted to be back in you’re time. I pray and hope that I pass my polygraph exam next week so I can continue in my process and hopefully land a career in Law Enforcement so I can provide for my family that’s my purpose. Sometimes life is like a shizzat sandwich, We all have to take a bite.

I was knee deep in ghetto scum when you were suckin on your mama's nipple so don't walk in shoes that you could never fill little bug. The only thing about piss that you may be familiar with is the taste so don't even try to ask for more because you have been cut off. I know a great deal about the sinking ship so when you try to talk about "sad", it's sad you have put your foot in your mouth after steppin on that shizzat sandwich thats being passed around the board here you loser![/quote:3pzzjle0]

I don't know whom you're talking to, but you better recognize. I was working the streets of Deerfield Beach back in the early 70's before you sorry a** thought about becoming a cop. I know the shoes you speak of, I created them. If you don't like it here, leave. Nothing is holding you back. Do us all a favor and quit, you are a poor excuse for a cop coming on here disrespecting applicants trying to get hired.[/quote:3pzzjle0]

So, know it all, maybe first you will practice your grammar and sentence structure as it makes you look like a laughing "MOOSE", just like the poor pathetic shoulder patches that DBPD worn on those sorry azz uniforms.

And yes, pay attention, I am talking to you. So, you are probably one of those lame azz pukes that just rode around in Deerfield waiting for something to happen. As for quitting, it will be when I'm ready, on my terms, not your sorry azz.

As for those poor misinformed applicants, if you were a real cop you would admit that the sinking ship is not the place to come to but I'm sure you'll continue on your sorry azz rants. I am still waiting for all the positive posts to come in, singing the praises of BSO and to show all the reasons why this is such a fabulous place to work. As stated previously, this was a real agency back in the day, but not anymore and you know it too.[/quote:3pzzjle0]

I will add this to the last post. I did have the chance to work with two very good cops from Deerfield, Lawless and Twist. Both very capable and caring individuals that did their job correctly. So, there were some good people to come out of DBPD when BSO took them over.

04-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Um, I'm not sure I want someone like R U KIDDING to be backin' me on any calls anytime soon. How many IA's do you have on your record? (just curious)

04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Um, I'm not sure I want someone like R U KIDDING to be backin' me on any calls anytime soon. How many IA's do you have on your record? (just curious)

Hey Shakespere, great way to start out a sentence, ummmmm, "NOT"!!!
You know nothing of my police career, when it began, where I worked, what I have seen on the street, you have no knowledge of any of my backround so don't bite off more of that shiazzt sandwich than you can chew. As for IA's, i've broken a few eggs in 30 years on the job but never suspended. As far as a backup is concerned, I've had greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. I have saved lives, delivered babies into this world in the ghetto, been shot at, stabbed/assaulted by crack monsters, made countless narcotic arrests, on and on. I have been there to be part of the backbone of an agency that has crumbled down all around us and with a leader now in charge that is facing numerous probes and investigations, my conscious is clear at the end of the day as I know that I have made a difference to many people over the years. It is because of our current boss that we are the laughing stock of the county and until someone of character and not a politician comes in and runs this place the way it needs to be run then major problems will continue to exist. All of you out there reading these posts want to know just how dirty politics work here just stay tuned for future posts.

04-27-2007, 01:50 PM

You know nothing of my police career, when it began, where I worked, what I have seen on the street, you have no knowledge of any of my backround so don't bite off more of that shiazzt sandwich than you can chew. As for IA's, i've broken a few eggs in 30 years on the job but never suspended. As far as a backup is concerned, I've had greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. I have saved lives, delivered babies into this world in the ghetto, been shot at, stabbed/assaulted by crack monsters, made countless narcotic arrests, on and on. I have been there to be part of the backbone of an agency that has crumbled down all around us and with a leader now in charge that is facing numerous probes and investigations, my conscious is clear at the end of the day as I know that I have made a difference to many people over the years. It is because of our current boss that we are the laughing stock of the county and until someone of character and not a politician comes in and runs this place the way it needs to be run then major problems will continue to exist. All of you out there reading these posts want to know just how dirty politics work here just stay tuned for future posts.

Jenne is the reason I left BSO. Working with Deerfield PD was a blast, and back in the 70's we had more officers than BSO had Deputies. John Lawless and Jim Twist were both good cops. Obviously R U Kidding is disgruntled, but I can't blame him. Law Enforcement all over south Florida is joke. You guys can't be cops anymore; I wouldn't want to do it again.

04-29-2007, 12:52 AM

Jenne is the reason I left BSO. Working with Deerfield PD was a blast, and back in the 70's we had more officers than BSO had Deputies. John Lawless and Jim Twist were both good cops. Obviously R U Kidding is disgruntled, but I can't blame him. Law Enforcement all over south Florida is joke. You guys can't be cops anymore; I wouldn't want to do it again.

I also worked for Deerfield PD. I loved BSO more than Deerfield for Deerfield had a lot of corruption issues. BSO back in the day was a blast, it's time to bring that BSO back.

04-29-2007, 05:03 AM

I also worked for Deerfield PD. I loved BSO more than Deerfield for Deerfield had a lot of corruption issues. BSO back in the day was a blast, it's time to bring that BSO back.

Puppy dogs, sunshowers, mom's apple pie, all these things.......... it's nice to wish for nice things. In this case, too late for BSO. The only blast left is the one that will take out what's left of the air pocket keeping the sinking ship afloat. Remember to use your life preserver and take off your shoes in the life raft.

05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
it was fun coming to work kicking ass and taking names,
now , like reporting to the kremlin under stalin not knowing
if the kgb is gonna stab ya in the back, or bust a cap behind your
head in a figurative way of talking.

04-29-2008, 01:54 AM
[quote=Anonymous]Um, I'm not sure I want someone like R U KIDDING to be backin' me on any calls anytime soon. How many IA's do you have on your record? (just curious)

Puppy dogs, sunshowers, mom's apple pie, all these things.......... it's nice to wish for nice things. In this case, too late for BSO. The only blast left is the one that will take out what's left of the air pocket keeping the sinking ship afloat. Remember to use your life preserver and take off your shoes in the life raft.[/quote:1kfhl6cl]

I love working at BSO. Lamberti is the best.