PDA

View Full Version : Is the Glock that the PCSO carries DA/SA?

02-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Is the Glock 21 that is issued to PCSO LEO's Double to Single or just double action only? Is it lighter than the Beretta 92D?

02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Well Onar, Glock does not make single or double action pistols. Glock makes a safe action pistol. Glocks do not have conventional hammers. The firing pin is spring loaded and ****ed all the time. The trigger pull of a Glock is single action in nature. Glocks are generally lighter than other handguns of the same size because the frame is a polymer plastic. Glocks are not much different in weight to the Beretta. The Beretta uses an aluminum frame on a steel slide, Glock is plastic on steel. Each makes up for the weight in rounds held as well. But you cannot but stroke someone with a glock the way you could with a Beretta. Beretta's will clean your clock on that issue.

Glock, good weapon (380,.357sig,9mm,40cal,10mm,45cal)

Beretta, good boat anchor (9mm,40cal,45cal-not 92/96)

02-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Glock doesn't make a .380......because .380 is a sub standard round! shortened 9mm round!

02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Contrare Mofrare, GLOCK does make a .380, it is just not available in the U.S. market. Probably because the .380 is a USELESS round. :D

02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I was told the .380 wasn't available in the US because it fell under some type of Saturday night special ruling because of its small size....

02-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah retard, Glock does make a .380 cal gun(s). They would be the Glock 25 and 28, made in 1995. They were designed for sale in south america, where it is illegal for civilians to possess military caliber handguns (9mm & up). The .380 is not offered here and it has nothing to do with the "saturday night special" appeal of a small round. The .380 models are identical in size to the 9mm and 40 cal models. Don't believe me, check here moron:

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Let me reclarify the "Saturday night special" comment. Jim Greene, glock armorer trainer extraordinare, told us in the Glock armorers course, that Glock couldn't import the .380 into the USA because we have import rules banning certain size and caliber guns, similar to what you would consider a "Saturday night special". Somehow, the .380 fell into this category and they are not able to offer it in the US.

02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Excellent point Rich. The U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968 tried to address the perceived problem of "Saturday Night Specials" by defining and prohibiting the importation of a class of firearms characterized by low price, small size, light weight, and small caliber.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/ch44.html

02-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Let me reclarify the "Saturday night special" comment. Jim Greene, glock armorer trainer extraordinare, told us in the Glock armorers course, that Glock couldn't import the .380 into the USA because we have import rules banning certain size and caliber guns, similar to what you would consider a "Saturday night special". Somehow, the .380 fell into this category and they are not able to offer it in the US.One Glock .380 is avail. in the USA as Law Enforcement Agency Only...meaning the agency has to own it and not the individual officer. This .380 model is the one that is the same size as the Glock 26 / 27 frame.....I read it in the 2004 Glock Annual If I can find it I'll tell you the model....25 maybe?

02-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Let me reclarify the "Saturday night special" comment. Jim Greene, glock armorer trainer extraordinare, told us in the Glock armorers course, that Glock couldn't import the .380 into the USA because we have import rules banning certain size and caliber guns, similar to what you would consider a "Saturday night special". Somehow, the .380 fell into this category and they are not able to offer it in the US.One Glock .380 is avail. in the USA as Law Enforcement Agency Only...meaning the agency has to own it and not the individual officer. This .380 model is the one that is the same size as the Glock 26 / 27 frame.....I read it in the 2004 Glock Annual If I can find it I'll tell you the model....25 maybe?It is the Glock 28....another reason the .380 is not available for private ownership is because both models are blowback operated......and to answer the person(s) who will say I'm full of it....call Glock...that is where I got the answer!!!